Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethiopian Airlines Crash/ B737MAX grounding

Options
1686970717274»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

150 seats is the sweet spot as pointed out for 3 cabin crew

This is why Ryanair was so eager to get a 737-8200 as they wanted as close to 200 seats as possible to keep staff costs remain static.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

This is why Ryanair was so eager to get a 737-8200 as they wanted as close to 200 seats as possible to keep staff costs remain static.

Remember the flight into the Hudson? 150 pax and 3 crew

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

I’m pretty sure Ryanair will have a 5th crew member on this new aircraft as it will have 200 seats, but I’ll double check this

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Locker10a wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure Ryanair will have a 5th crew member on this new aircraft as it will have 200 seats, but I’ll double check this

I think they have stated that they want to get as close to 199 as possible so that they have the maximum passenger to crew ratio. Their Max is slated to have 197 seats

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    I think they have stated that they want to get as close to 199 as possible so that they have the maximum passenger to crew ratio. Their Max is slated to have 197 seats

That would make sense I must ask my mates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

According to this German article the variant to be used by Ryanair is now deliverable in Europe. That is good news isn't it?

https://www.aero.de/news-39291/EASA-gibt-Boeing-737-8200-in-Europa-frei.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭john boye

Blue air had a max 8 operate their Bucharest to Dublin route last Sunday and on Wednesday, would that be the first one to visit Dublin in service since the ban was lifted?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭HTCOne

flexcon wrote: »

I wouldn't have said any of Boeing's myriad of quality control issues right now have anything to do with luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

I was wondering it it was due to being stored for so long, but this article from the FT (behind a paywall) cites production issues with a specific batch of the MAX. Seems like a quality control issue.
    The electrical problem stems from a production issue and relates to “a specific group” of jets, the company said. The company is informing customers which planes in their fleets are affected.

Boeing said it made the recommendation so that engineers can verify “that a sufficient ground path exists for a component of the electrical power system”. 

Baird analyst Peter Arment said in note that the problem was “a small batch” of aircraft that “may not have proper fastening on a back-up power system within the flight deck” and appeared to be easy to fix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

According to this German article the variant to be used by Ryanair is now deliverable in Europe. That is good news isn't it?

https://www.aero.de/news-39291/EASA-gibt-Boeing-737-8200-in-Europa-frei.html

Yeap, I'll be watching flight radar to see when there's a Max coming from Seattle to Dublin... hopefully soon and i'll get up to the airport and take some pics.. :cool:

Advertisement