Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2000 Guineas 2019

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Years ago at The Curragh I backed a winner in a handicap at 14/1 only because it was drawn on the far side with the wind coming from the opposite side.
    Fanny W is gonna love this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Went for Madhmoon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Advertise for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Laid Ten Sovereigns to be in the first five at 1.62.
    He wins, or he comes home in his own time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Scardu it is then

• Advertisement

The money came for Ten Soverigns #theyknew

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Stand side wins that as they are saying. I actually feel hard done by with Skardu there. On the wrong rail side and veered by Ten Sovereigns. Good win by Magna. Will keep a keen eye on Skardu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

That was impressive, even taking into account the pace/groups.

10 winners for Aidan, that's madness. Will never be bettered surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Good winner.

Had madhmoon in an e/w treble PP were offering 4 places on the guineas is that only singles does anyone know?

Good winner.

Had madhmoon in an e/w treble PP were offering 4 places on the guineas is that only singles does anyone know?

“Should” apply all types of bets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Seemed an excessive draw bias but winner looked decent. Would be nice to see him back it up next time. Irish guineas should see plenty of them face off again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

The only thing I got right is my early post that "the 2000 Guineas is not a race for favourites". :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

I can't remember a 2,000 Guineas quite like that.

The winner is a smashing looking individual and he looks to have progressed on last year, thought he was very comfortable in the last half furlong and once again Donnacha rode a lovely uncomplicated race.

Seeing as the draw made a farce out of the race what about the beaten horses? None of them impressed me on the day. It would be very much a case of a guessing game as to how they'd match up with each other when they meet again.

For future reference, staying power is becoming increasingly important in the 2,000 with Magnia Grecia having one of the lowest dosage indexes in the race and a low dosage index featuring heavily in nearly every winner of the last decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

The bias in the race was so unsatisfactory . The winner done it very well though. If you owned the second you’d be wise to sell him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Ten Sovereigns ran pretty well all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Slattsy wrote: »
    Ten Sovereigns ran pretty well all things considered.

You could almost say he looked like he needed the run,took a while to get going and got a length up on his side and tired in the last furlong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

The only bias about that race was the best horse by miles was on that side , and other jockeys are stupid . Was there not a load of evidence in the last year or too that stands rail was the only place to be ?.

Advertisement