Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Big game from Conor O Shea, and Ruane got into it a bit more in the second half. When it was in the mix couple of clever points from Minogue. Aidan was a handful all night, but Breaffy`s handling was brutal at times. Backline was no great shakes either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Thought Breaffy were ordinary enough until the sending off, really changed the game. Also thought it was harsh, Hanley seemed to slip on the ball for the first one, poor from Aidan trying to make more of it than it was. Second yellow, there didn't seem to be much in it either.

Credit to Knockmore, they have some serious young forwards there. Ballintubber looked a tired team to me.

Huge win for Balla in the local derby against Mayo Gaels earlier. The coverage on Mayo Gaa TV was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Story of the day is surely Shrules win ?
    No?
    Ok so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

km79 wrote: »
    Story of the day is surely Shrules win ?
    No?
    Ok so :D

MOTM Kenneth?!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

mayogaatv down :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

mayogaatv down :mad:

Already was going to get a game later

Its back ok now, some game in Ballina, great comeback by Kiltimagh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

Picture on mayo gaaTV poor enough is their anything I can do to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Mayo GAA TV acting up for everyone else?

Mayo GAA TV acting up for everyone else?

Yep down for me as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭BandMember

Yet another absolute shítshow from Mayo GAA TV again today!! Every day/game it's the same - always problems. They better be offering refunds!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

seligehgit wrote: »
    Totally agreed he oftentimes sacrifices far too much by way of his own game in such manmarking roles.

V

BandMember wrote: »
    Yet another absolute shítshow from Mayo GAA TV again today!! Every day/game it's the same - always problems. They better be offering refunds!!

I rang them during the first game, got a text later saying they would be issuing refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

I rang them during the first game, got a text later saying they would be issuing refunds.

Who do you ring? Is their a contact number on the website. Total disaster today and yesterday.

dodo mommy wrote: »
    Who do you ring? Is their a contact number on the website. Total disaster today and yesterday.

Ya there's a mobile number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Interesting to see two of Mayos biggests town teams making shapes in the county championship. Both got their act together at underage and flitering through now at senior. The other big town Castlebar had their worst championship in years, its unlikely Galway man Alan Flynn will be kept on for a 2nd year. The Donal Vaughan transfer didn't work out as much as he would have liked either.

So two tasty semi finals next weekend.

The Ballina Stephenites Knockmore clash should be an absolute cracker.

Similarly hard to call the Breaffy Westport game.

Hopefully any blips in the Mayo GAA TV streaming service will be fully resolved so all comers can enjoy this excellent double header.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Interesting to see two of Mayos biggests town teams making shapes in the county championship. Both got their act together at underage and flitering through now at senior. The other big town Castlebar had their worst championship in years, its unlikely Galway man Alan Flynn will be kept on for a 2nd year. The Donal Vaughan transfer didn't work out as much as he would have liked either.

It is probably not the worst thing to happen that it has not turned out well for him. There are lessons in this for DV and any other player who is thinking this way. I would think alot of the trainers who helped him to get to the level he achieved would feel a little pissed by his move. He really has only himself to blame. It was such a stupid thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

So two tasty semi finals next weekend.

The Ballina Stephenites Knockmore clash should be an absolute cracker.

Similarly hard to call the Breaffy Westport game.

Hopefully any blips in the Mayo GAA TV streaming service will be fully resolved so all comers can enjoy this excellent double header.

Big excitement around Ballina, this weekend will be massive

The Mitchels and Ballintubber showed signs of 2 teams that have been on the road a long time and will require some reenergizing and freshening up in terms of personnel.

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    Big excitement around Ballina, this weekend will be massive

I'll have to shout for the Stephenites in that one as my dear mother is a native.

Knockmore were ridiculously impressive v Ballintubber.

The stream of talent on display last weekend fills me full of optimism for the senior county team going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'll have to shout for the Stephenites in that one as my dear mother is a native.

Knockmore were ridiculously impressive v Ballintubber.

The stream of talent on display last weekend fills me full of optimism for the senior county team going forward

Knockmore controlled the game but I thought Ballintubber were way off their usual level. It was defensively that Knockmore impressed me more so than anything. Really disciplined and compact, tough man marking and very good in the tackle.

But a very quiet day from the O'Connors and Dillon's experience was missing in the 2nd half I thought. He didn't look injured, found it a strange call to take him off so early. Diarmuid looked injured/off the boil but I think credit to Knockmore defensively for keeping Cillian quiet.

Should be a cracker this weekend.

The free mayogaatv pass that Cairde tickets holders got, was that a monthly pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭boosabum

The free mayogaatv pass that Cairde tickets holders got, was that a monthly pass?

yes, the code provided allows the user access to the rest of the games.

The stream quality, unfortunately, suffers from going down too much and the resolution is poor.

Several clubs seem to be able to produce a better product via facebbook and youtube when streaming their own games or neutral matches.

boosabum wrote: »
    yes, the code provided allows the user access to the rest of the games.

The stream quality, unfortunately, suffers from going down too much and the resolution is poor.

Several clubs seem to be able to produce a better product via facebbook and youtube when streaming their own games or neutral matches.

Ah right, i was wondering why i had all the weekend's games free :) I thought the stream, when it was working, was great tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭thesultan

Hanley's sending off was very soft and Breaffys are taking too much lead from Aidan O'Shea..

Westport have some serious talent and I think they will cause Breaffy all sorts of problems. I fancy themselves and Ballina to get through. Going to be two class games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Westport have some serious talent and I think they will cause Breaffy all sorts of problems. I fancy themselves and Ballina to get through. Going to be two class games.

the breaffy defence looked very porous in the first half against ballagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

Pearce Hanley has just announced his immediate retirement from AFL. I wonder if there is any chance of him coming back to play for Mayo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

KevinK wrote: »
    Pearce Hanley has just announced his immediate retirement from AFL. I wonder if there is any chance of him coming back to play for Mayo?

As we seen with Cian it takes a long time to get back up to speed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement