Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion : 2019 and Winter 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Come on sun - god damn it get your ass up :D This is our chance!

Met Eireann picked up on it , latest report from 03:13

Scattered thunderstorms moving in to affect parts of the east and southeast this morning. Largely dry elsewhere with hazy sunny spells developing and just isolated showers. Showers in the east clearing this afternoon with good sunny spells breaking through but further showers will push in to affect parts of the southwest and west. Another warm day with highest temperatures of 19 to 24 degrees in moderate southerly breezes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Getting more active by the hour, just hope it give something to Carlow before I have to head to bed around 10 Am and hope it doesn't decide to P1ss me off by heading more east or west lol. Or I hope I don't miss it by the time I get home lol.

Thinking the same thing myself, quiet all night in work soon as I head home to bed the action may start...

ZX7R wrote: »
    Thinking the same thing myself, quiet all night in work soon as I head home to bed the action may start...

Or God forbid, may have passed, that would be a right kick in the hole altogether......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭pad199207

ZX7R wrote: »

One does not simply go to bed when storms are knocking on the door. ;)

• Advertisement

She's firing now. Not long for Wexford/Waterford. I still think around 5:15 or thereabouts there.

It's definitely going to hit before I leave here around 7:30 at lease my end of the Country but might see something on the way home.

She's firing now. Not long for Wexford/Waterford. I still think around 5:15 or thereabouts there.

Yep , think so too and definitely have passed by the time I get home but hopefully see it on the way home.

It's definitely going to hit before I leave here around 7:30 at lease my end of the Country but might see something on the way home.

What is your location Mad_Lad?

*County - not address!:D

A good O'l Biscay Thunderstorm, I haven't seen that in a very long time so hopefully it's a good one !

• Advertisement

What is your location Mad_Lad?

*County - not address!:D

Just a few Km North of Carlow Town, working in Dublin.

This looking like bullseye for Dublin anyhow - yellow warning territory actually.

I'm a bit worried because I haven't unplugged my 40 Meter long ham radio antenna, seriously was not expecting anything like this or I would have but I can remote operate it from work so unplugging would be a pain, I haven't got lightning suppression on it yet, it is grounded which will give me some protection but I should have the lightning suppression on the coax to the shack...............

This looking like bullseye for Dublin anyhow - yellow warning territory actually.

Yeah it’s a little more west than I thought it would be.
    Was thinking it would be a coastal hugger but it looks like it will be just inland of the coast

It is a little more west but the East should get a nice show especially if it keeps the intensity up.

Met Eireann usually update their forecast around 5:30.

It is a little more west but the East should get a nice show especially if it keeps the intensity up.

Yeah very good chance alright. Could be mostly elevated though but sure look we will take what we are given!

See what happens to the first cells as they hit the coast. Usually tells the story for the rest of them.

DP’s are decentish at around 14/15c

Here she comes

bWOiyYm.jpg

Visible will be available soon

https://en.sat24.com/en/gb/visual

Should be hearing the first rumbles around now off the southeast coast.

• Advertisement

Plenty of back building in the cells

Showing on the radar now too looks like it might track a little further west than we like but early yet.

ZvZd1uV.jpg

Strikes now just off southeast coasts

https://en.sat24.com/en/gb/visual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Looks like its too far west to hit Dublin! Feck this weather!

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Looks like its too far west to hit Dublin! Feck this weather!

There is an easterly tilt to the flow as it moves north. It's looking quite good for Dublin (or bad depending on perspective!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Rumbles of thunder in Tramore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Lightening has started in Tramore also.

It begins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭eon1208

Miss my hay ya fecker

Advertisement