Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sales agent told me off...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Kidkinobe wrote: »
    Like I said above, I need the sale to drag out because of my circumstances. Rushing it will put me into a position where I might lose out.

I haven’t seen any statement by you that you wanted to drag out the process because of your circumstances. Your approach to this will not assist you in acquiring the house.

• Site Banned Posts: 160 ✭✭Kidkinobe

gmisk wrote: »
    Your first post said you were a cash buyer?
    So do you have the cash or not?
    Go back and read the part where I said 'I am a cash buyer' maybe reading it a second time will make more sense to you...

Marcusm wrote: »
    I haven’t seen any statement by you that you wanted to drag out the process because of your circumstances. Your approach to this will not assist you in acquiring the house.
    I think its in the very first post I scripted..Go back and have a read, its in there somewhere..

pc7 wrote: »
    Be careful if its going to probate, that can really delay things, you may be better off with the other property.
    Probate is complete and ready to roll..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,303 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I can read....dont be patronising I was asking a genuine question,

but you also said
    Like I said above, I need the sale to drag out because of my circumstances. Rushing it will put me into a position where I might lose out.

What did you mean by that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I think its in the very first post I scripted..Go back and have a read, its in there somewhere..
    Are you sure there is not a third bidder?
    From your first post, something does not add up.

You say you up bids by 1k, and the other bidder ups by 4k, until you bid 175k and other bidder bids 176k, but this can't be how it happened. If they were always bidding 4k's on top of your 1k's, your bid couldn't have been 175k, it should have been 171k or 176k.

sKeith wrote: »
    Are you sure there is not a third bidder?
    From your first post, something does not add up.

You say you up bids by 1k, and the other bidder ups by 4k, until you bid 175k and other bidder bids 176k, but this can't be how it happened. If they were always bidding 4k's on top of your 1k's, your bid couldn't have been 175k, it should have been 171k or 176k.
    There was one odd bid somewhere along the game which threw the figures out. Don't know who or where it came from as it didn't bother me. Last bid is all that really matters.

gmisk wrote: »
    I can read....dont be patronising I was asking a genuine question,

but you also said

What did you mean by that?
    It means I need the sale to drag out to suit my circumstances and rushing it might mean I lose out...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭happyfriday74

So your not a cash buyer then. A cash buyer means you have funds and are ready to go.

So your not a cash buyer then. A cash buyer means you have funds and are ready to go.

Or maybe Im cooking dinner and just waiting on the spuds to boil...Now that would be a more interesting assumption to jump too...wouldnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

People, like me bid on it until a deal is reached, the buyer then gives money to the seller and the seller pays the agent..

Shows how much you know! The buyer pays the agent, the agent deducts his commission and passes the balance back to the seller. This

Shows how much you know! The buyer pays the agent, the agent deducts his commission and passes the balance back to the seller. This
    Well that makes a huge difference to the whole transaction...Doesnt it...?

Well that makes a huge difference to the whole transaction...Doesnt it...?

Yes it does.

Yes it does.
    Its as if the buyer gives the money to the agent and then the agent just keeps it...no wonder agents have a bad rep...

Its as if the buyer gives the money to the agent and then the agent just keeps it...no wonder agents have a bad rep...

What's your problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Probate is complete and ready to roll..

If I had a penny for everytime an ea told me that only for it transpire to be otherwise. Its not that they deliberately aim to mislead nut like salesmen everywhere they dearly want it to be so. And can wishful think their way to confirming things erroneously

It wouldnae hurt to try and get some solid confirmation of probate immediately upon sale agreeing.

Worth asking too how many beneficiaries. The chances of a successful close is inversely proportional to the numbers of folk getting a portion of the proceeds

What's your problem?
    Are you in training to be a psychologist?

If I had a penny for everytime an ea told me that only for it transpire to be otherwise. Its not that they deliberately aim to mislead nut like salesmen everywhere they dearly want it to be so. And can wishful think their way to confirming things erroneously

It wouldnae hurt to try and get some solid confirmation of probate immediately upon sale agreeing.

Worth asking too how many beneficiaries. The chances of a successful close is inversely proportional to the numbers of folk getting a portion of the proceeds
    Thanks, will do..Agent said it was ready to roll but will def check it out.

Nope; you describe disrupting the other bidder’s rhythm. Is that what you mean or do you mean delay until you are in a position to complete? It’s probably. A low point of relevancy in any event. You want them to play your game which is fine but often it’s better to turn their behaviour to your advantage than to completely change the behaviour of others.

Generally you will pay a deposit to the agent (refundable) which equates to their expected fee. All other monies pass through the legal representatives.

• Advertisement

That could still be a 6 month or longer process.

Worthwhile doing a check on planning yourself if there's any extensions on the place (we'll assume the house itself has planning or was built before 1963). This as soon as your looking to sale agree and solicitor costs begin to clock up.

If there is an extension they can either be exempt (small single storey more likely to be) or require planning. If requiring planning and there is none, then you're into a ball of delay whilst the vendor goes and seeks retention (12 weeks plus whatever time it takes them to assemble the planning app (2-3 weeks).)

If you're not reliant on a bank you could buy without the planning and assume to get it yourself later - but you'd want to go in eyes well open and talk to the council before hand.

If you're not in too much of a hurry to close then by all means any solicitor will do near enough. If you are in a hurry then make sure you get a good one - even if it costs a bit extra. The weeks can trickle by no problem whilst folk sit on their hands

"Ready to roll". Interesting choice of words. The probate application could be ready to roll... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

He sounds like a dick, but maybe there was no need to reveal to him about the other house. I suppose you wanted him to know you were in a position of strength...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭skallywag

KevinCavan wrote: »
    He sounds like a dick, but maybe there was no need to reveal to him about the other house. I suppose you wanted him to know you were in a position of strength...

I also believe that was his intention, although it was a bad move to make, in my humble opinion at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Seller doesn't want a quick sale..its being empty the past 6 months...the seller is dead..may they RIP.
    Depends on how the estate is being handled; too many cooks spoil the broth comes to mind. And by that I mean if there are multiple people waiting on a piece of the pie, the EA may have to wait on all of the answers before accepting a bid. Of course, the advantage of being a cash bidder is that you aren't at the mercy of your mortgage expiring whilst they faff around.

=-=

If both bidders are cash bidders, to me that means the EA knows that there is something wrong with the house, as perhaps a mortgage bidder failed in the past due to this. As said, check for planning, and also check land folio, etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mod Note

Thread has been dragged this off in another direction that will lead to nowhere to be honest.

I’m locking this now before it turns into a train wreck

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement