Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Say something nice about AGS

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭opfleet

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    So you think most situations like the above ( no motor tax + no seat belt) result in the drivers car being impounded and the owner left on foot?

I don't have any quarrel with a summons for either offense as I'm a stickler for seat belts myself but having the vehicle taken off you is not the norm in those circumstances

How long was your tax out? You shouldn't have been driving anyway because of your injury. That was possibly the reason why the Garda felt the need to seize the car. If you had driven on and crashed then who is everyone going to point the finger at?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭CoBo55

The female Gardai are much better on the eye than they used to be!!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/they-beat-me-with-a-baseball-bat-deliveroo-man-leaves-ireland-following-vicious-assault-37843054.html

Another melee in the centre of dublin, not a Gardai in sight, I wonder do they understand how abandoned communities feel atm, it's like they've given up entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

opfleet wrote: »
    How long was your tax out? You shouldn't have been driving anyway because of your injury. That was possibly the reason why the Garda felt the need to seize the car. If you had driven on and crashed then who is everyone going to point the finger at?

Wrong man bozo

So you think most situations like the above ( no motor tax + no seat belt) result in the drivers car being impounded and the owner left on foot?

I don't have any quarrel with a summons for either offense as I'm a stickler for seat belts myself but having the vehicle taken off you is not the norm in those circumstances

It’s not like the tax was out by a few days. More like months I’m sure. So yeah, tough ****.

• Advertisement

Wrong man bozo

Don’t flatter yourself. The entirety of that reply was quite clearly to the OP.

JayZeus wrote: »
    Don’t flatter yourself. The entirety of that reply was quite clearly to the OP.

So why direct the question to me then :confused:

JayZeus wrote: »
    It’s not like the tax was out by a few days. More like months I’m sure. So yeah, tough ****.

Point stands, in vast majority of cases, you would not be left walking, you don't achieve anything by taking that course of action

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

El_Bee wrote: »
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/they-beat-me-with-a-baseball-bat-deliveroo-man-leaves-ireland-following-vicious-assault-37843054.html

Another melee in the centre of dublin, not a Gardai in sight, I wonder do they understand how abandoned communities feel atm, it's like they've given up entirely.

Not really a melee, and the cops would have gone through those children in ten seconds.

As I've said before, and will surely say again many times into the future (as my opinion is very unlikely to change), the Gardai are, as individual people, genuinely nice, well intended folks going about their lives. Some of the nicest people you'd ever meet.

Collectively, as a Policing service, they are a farce and have shown themselves time and time and again to be unable to deal with the most basic of issues.

They have not got the Judiciary on their side. They haven't got the Government funding on their side. They are effectively a Community Warden service. They close roads for accidents, check tax discs and stamp passport forms. The odd time, they might even be able to give you directions.

I live in an area plagued with anti social issues, and the Gardai have consistently (by consistent, I'm talking about nearly 20 years of my memory, so even through the 'boom' times when they had a few Euro to spend) disappointed myself and the community with their 'tails-between-the-legs' approach to dealing with people that actually threaten to beat the Gardai up, to their faces (no consequences for this).

The Council are also a waste of time, but at least if you approach the Council with some suggestions, they will listen and respond. The Gardai completely stonewall you and resume with their 'can't be assed' approach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭RobbieMD

As I've said before, and will surely say again many times into the future (as my opinion is very unlikely to change), the Gardai are, as individual people, genuinely nice, well intended folks going about their lives. Some of the nicest people you'd ever meet.

Collectively, as a Policing service, they are a farce and have shown themselves time and time and again to be unable to deal with the most basic of issues.

They have not got the Judiciary on their side. They haven't got the Government funding on their side. They are effectively a Community Warden service. They close roads for accidents, check tax discs and stamp passport forms. The odd time, they might even be able to give you directions.

I live in an area plagued with anti social issues, and the Gardai have consistently (by consistent, I'm talking about nearly 20 years of my memory, so even through the 'boom' times when they had a few Euro to spend) disappointed myself and the community with their 'tails-between-the-legs' approach to dealing with people that actually threaten to beat the Gardai up, to their faces (no consequences for this).

The Council are also a waste of time, but at least if you approach the Council with some suggestions, they will listen and respond. The Gardai completely stonewall you and resume with their 'can't be assed' approach.

So all the lads in our overcrowded prisons just handed themselves in...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

RobbieMD wrote: »
    Of course not. The social workers bring them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

They get put away for at best 9 months, it's essentially a revolving door operation, as the above poster has stated, the judiciary are almost working against the Gardai at this point.

I do hate the expression 'overcrowded prison'. Should be no such thing as an overcrowded prison. Squash them in on top of each other - would make it a less desirable place to be, and you'd actually dread getting sent to it.

Advertisement