Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Cloete is on his way home, any word on if they're flying Conor Oliver or another back row out? Jordi is staying in Japan so looks like they won't need Tommy to fly over

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Pretty happy with the start to the season! We're seeing some innovation, confidence to take players on (Haley has probably beaten more people and made more metres in the last two games than he did since arriving!), passes that miss a runner or hit an inside man, and the forwards offering more than just head down and try to beat people up.

There have been mistakes, but we're getting used to a new style (and one in which mistakes will happen). Will be interesting to see how things evolve when Irish players come back into camp though; they will be dealing with a switch in approaches (both from what they did last season and the style of play over the last few weeks with Ireland).

Dragons and Kings not the greatest barometers perhaps, but good games to get us up and running and used to new systems (plus it's a win in SA which is always a good result). And we're getting some of the younger / new players experience - Daly looks really promising.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Pretty happy with the start to the season! We're seeing some innovation, confidence to take players on (Haley has probably beaten more people and made more metres in the last two games than he did since arriving!), passes that miss a runner or hit an inside man, and the forwards offering more than just head down and try to beat people up.

There have been mistakes, but we're getting used to a new style (and one in which mistakes will happen). Will be interesting to see how things evolve when Irish players come back into camp though; they will be dealing with a switch in approaches (both from what they did last season and the style of play over the last few weeks with Ireland).

Dragons and Kings not the greatest barometers perhaps, but good games to get us up and running and used to new systems (plus it's a win in SA which is always a good result). And we're getting some of the younger / new players experience - Daly looks really promising.

Yeah there's always going to be teething problems but Munster did need to add a more expansive element to the game if they were going to push on.
    When Pat Lam took over Connacht he had one very ropey season while guys got used to playing hot potato rugby. Eventually it paid off.
    Munster don't need to swing the pendulum quite so far. And they probably have a better pack so there's a better platform to launch from.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Holloway or Wycherley can play in the backrow so I imagine they won't replace Cloete.

Holloway or Wycherley can play in the backrow so I imagine they won't replace Cloete.

Jack O'Sullivan is on the way out apparently

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Caranica wrote: »
    Jack O'Sullivan is on the way out apparently

Confirmed here that he's already arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/preview/team-named-munster-side-to-face-cheetahs/

Munster side to face the Cheetahs

5.15pm Friday evening

Munster: Mike Haley; Darren Sweetnam, Dan Goggin, Rory Scannell, Shane Daly; Tyler Bleyendaal, Nick McCarthy; Jeremy Loughman, Rhys Marshall, Stephen Archer; Fineen Wycherley, Billy Holland (C); Jack O’Donoghue, Tommy O’Donnell, Arno Botha.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, James Cronin, Keynan Knox, Darren O’Shea, Gavin Coombes, Alby Mathewson, JJ Hanrahan, Calvin Nash.

TB and McCarthy come into the halfbacks,

Loughman, Marshall and Holland come into pack

5-3 split on the bench this week with Nash coming onto the bench

Very tough game ahead against the Cheetahs who have made a flying start to the season

Can someone throw up a match thread? I only have phone access and it's a pain to C&P. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Can someone throw up a match thread? I only have phone access and it's a pain to C&P. Thanks!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111474070#post111474070

Lotto info for MRSC members wanting to go to the Saracens game in London

https://www.mrsc.ie/2019/10/11/saracens-away-lotto-details/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Have many people not received there supporters packs yet? I emailed MRSC again about it but they basically they don't know when they will be issued. They seem to have gone to sh1t in the last year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Lotto info for MRSC members wanting to go to the Saracens game in London

https://www.mrsc.ie/2019/10/11/saracens-away-lotto-details/

Probably best to buy them directly from Sacarens when the go on general sale. I've done it that way the last few times. Lottery never comes up trumps

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Have many people not received there supporters packs yet? I emailed MRSC again about it but they basically they don't know when they will be issued. They seem to have gone to sh1t in the last year or so.

I've been lucky enough to receive mine (socks!) but I have seen various tweets about them being delayed alright. I think similar happened last year as well?

Having said that, any time I've emailed them or contacted them, they've been very good to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Probably best to buy them directly from Sacarens when the go on general sale. I've done it that way the last few times. Lottery never comes up trumps

They were on general sale about a month ago..
    Don’t know if they’re planning another one

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

full time staff in supporters club changed afaik so obviously will be issues if not fully replaced.
    I got mine few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

I got mine a month ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭phog

Pinned Tweet from their official twitter account
    Munster Rugby SC
    @MRSC16
    ·
    Oct 1
    INFO: After further investigation, we have isolated the issue around members receiving multiple membership packs. We are now working to order more packs to be delivered to those who did not receive as a consequence and we will share timelines on this as soon as we have them.

I didn't get mine and my friends are about 50/50. I know two people who got 3 packs each though, it's a shambles. At least I got my season ticket, I've seen several people online who didn't get theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭phog

3 years ago today we lost Anthony Foley

Thoughts with all of the Foley family.

EG-4jo9W4AIqUSW?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

You say to urself "suppose I can look forward to the Munster Heineken cup games for the rest of the year' but then u remember what group we have

The rugby gods have truly moved away from me ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Nah, whatever happens happens, I'll still enjoy the rugby.

At least the Sarries guys are getting more game time in Japan. It would be such a shame if they were injured/over played

Anyone know when we can expect the internationals back playing?

I'm guessing they'll be back for the Champions cup.. so perhaps the Cardiff and Ulster games in the two weeks before that

Two week break for the starters I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I can't wait, bring it on. Very excited to see what Larkham brings, early signs are positive. HEC group is tough though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Elephant in the room right now, what to do with Murray?

I don’t think van Graan will be dictated to on his selection post WC.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

razorblunt wrote: »

Who do you replace him with? even in his form McCarthy and Cronin aren’t anywhere near his level.

You’ve a potential stud in Casey. Has he played much in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,240 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Faugheen wrote: »
    Who do you replace him with? even in his form McCarthy and Cronin aren’t anywhere near his level.

You’ve a potential stud in Casey. Has he played much in the last few weeks.

Extend Mathewson contract so lol

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jmn51927

razorblunt wrote: »

Absolutely blasphemous to say that his selection is and elephant in the room. Murray at 20% is better than the rest at max. First name on the team sheet. Every. Single. Time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

jmn51927 wrote: »
    Absolutely blasphemous to say that his selection is and elephant in the room. Murray at 20% is better than the rest at max. First name on the team sheet. Every. Single. Time.

He’s playing at about 20% right now.

He said not undroppable.

Advertisement