Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

phog wrote: »
    Ah the keyboard warriors - I hope they're found out and dealt with accordingly.

And the funny thing is that they think they are anonymous

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Finally somebody stands up to Ewan MacKenna

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

That's probably it for Mike Sherry in a Munster jersey. He was so unfortunate with injury.

That's probably it for Mike Sherry in a Munster jersey. He was so unfortunate with injury.

Doesn't look good. Signed as injury cover for Gloucester. Small silver lining is at least he's playing rugby. Hopefully gets a contract somewhere for next season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Did you guys see what this incident is about? Looks like it could end up looking bad for a few munster players.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

errlloyd wrote: »
    Did you guys see what this incident is about? Looks like it could end up looking bad for a few munster players.

How could it be bad for Munster players exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭boetstark

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    How could it be bad for Munster players exactly?

Social media chat between players and local girls. Not nice reading. Let's hope that the players profiles are fake because it doesnt make nice reading if they treat girls like this.

boetstark wrote: »
    Social media chat between players and local girls. Not nice reading. Let's hope that the players profiles are fake because it doesnt make nice reading if they treat girls like this.

The article mentions fake profiles alright so presumably it's connected

• Subscribers Posts: 40,997 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Is the tone of the article and the accusation not that the profiles are fake and malicious ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

No need to hope, the article pretty much makes it clear that the profiles are fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

And if that's proven this will end up being quite a serious case of conspiracy to defame. Much more serious than a minor online bullying accusation.

razorblunt wrote: »
    No need to hope, the article pretty much makes it clear that the profiles are fake.

Absolutely, only thing that's making me wonder is the girl involved isnt a fake profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,799 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Absolutely, only thing that's making me wonder is the girl involved isnt a fake profile.

I've seen the material. A quick review of the profiles compared to those currently active shows that the players' profiles don't appear to be fake either. I say 'appear' because I have no way of being certain.

Put it this way, if the social media / group chat exchanges have been faked, someone went to a massive amount of effort to make them look authentic.

The description of the nature of the complaints made to the Guards sounds very much like someone is trying to get ahead of the story and control what happens next. Its a risky strategy all the same the old 'whatever you see and whatever you hear is harassment of X and Y cos we said so and that's all there is to it'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

False flag operation by Leinster fans no doubt.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I've seen the material. A quick review of the profiles compared to those currently active shows that the players' profiles don't appear to be fake either. I say 'appear' because I have no way of being certain.

Put it this way, if the social media / group chat exchanges have been faked, someone went to a massive amount of effort to make them look authentic.

The description of the nature of the complaints made to the Guards sounds very much like someone is trying to get ahead of the story and control what happens next. Its a risky strategy all the same the old 'whatever you see and whatever you hear is harassment of X and Y cos we said so and that's all there is to it'

Yeah. Seen it also. Seems like damage limitation as some of these players are married or hare in relationships. Dont need this a week before a big game..
    I think this seems to be creeping into rugby in Ireland. One of a number of such incidents. I think its probably immaturity and fame goes to their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Yeah. Seen it also. Seems like damage limitation as some of these players are married or hare in relationships. Dont need this a week before a big game..
    I think this seems to be creeping into rugby in Ireland. One of a number of such incidents. I think its probably immaturity and fame goes to their heads.

Or maybe it’s actually as Munster have said?

These profiles and rumors aren’t new and have existed for a number of months, hasn’t affected performances or any kind.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Is this material public?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Is this material public?

Apparently a few screenshot's doing the rounds. I've not seen them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

One of the players being targeted had a twitter account created using pics readily available....and it seems he started receiving abuse on his actual twitter account because of this...
    The fake account was reported and removed...
    So far I think some of the individuals affected have made complaints to to the gardai

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

One of the players being targeted had a twitter account created using pics readily available....and it seems he started receiving abuse on his actual twitter account because of this...
    The fake account was reported and removed...
    So far I think some of the individuals affected have made complaints to to the gardai

This,
    Any of seen were fake(a real and usually verified page existed) and made using readily avabilable pictures that the real profiles published.

The fake profiles then contacted real people(female) and others and made pretty downright awful comments ppand stuff.

Going to the guards is 100% the right move on Munster and players part. It’s been happening since before Christmas, seemingly went too far in past month

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Fake chats are composed all the time right? As per the memes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Anyone on here ever use the park and ride service from the south court to thomond park how reliable is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

crasy dash wrote: »
    Anyone on here ever use the park and ride service from the south court to thomond park how reliable is it?
    Only used it two or three times which were all years ago but it was reliable enough

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

If you're going tonight, you can park around the Ennis Rd. I wouldn't use park and ride unless it was close to a sellout game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

If you're going tonight, you can park around the Ennis Rd. I wouldn't use park and ride unless it was close to a sellout game.

Be careful, the last Munster game, over 100 tickets were given out by the guards for illegally parked car's.

I have started clamping illegally parked cars in my estate and its great because the guards won't get involved, despite all the grand standing for the owner of such cars

• Registered Users Posts: 23,799 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »

I have started clamping illegally parked cars in my estate and its great because the guards won't get involved, despite all the grand standing for the owner of such cars

I presume its a private estate (not in charge of the Council) and not a public road?

If you, or anyone else not an authorised agent of the Council or the Gardaí, clamped me on the public road, I'd knock your block off then make you wear the clamp as a medallion for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I presume its a private estate (not in charge of the Council) and not a public road?

If you, or anyone else not an authorised agent of the Council or the Gardaí, clamped me on the public road, I'd knock your block off then make you wear the clamp as a medallion for a week.

Ooh, you're hard.

Grim enough game so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Clegg wrote: »
    Ooh, you're hard.

I'll take comments normally reserved for Venjur for 800, please Alex.

Advertisement