Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Yes, your opinion. These will fly out the door and most will be more than happy with them.

What exactly are you at here? So what if they will, I am giving a bit of feedback, am I not allowed to?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

mystic86 wrote: »
    What exactly are you at here? So what if they will, I am giving a bit of feedback, am I not allowed to?

Sure you are, but maybe it would be better complaining to Munster/Adidas rather that on boards.ie.

Sure you are, but maybe it would be better complaining to Munster/Adidas rather that on boards.ie.

I thought others might appreciate feedback, if they can't see it first in store, like me. Clearly you don't, but that also doesn't mean you have to reply and be a d**k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭cpoh1

mystic86 wrote: »
    I thought others might appreciate feedback, if they can't see it first in store, like me. Clearly you don't, but that also doesn't mean you have to reply and be a d**k.

You are not giving feedback you are specifically telling people to avoid buying munster gear based on the fact you made a poorly thought out purchase on your part.

Ive seen that top in person by the way and think its great.

cpoh1 wrote: »
    You are not giving feedback you are specifically telling people to avoid buying munster gear based on the fact you made a poorly thought out purchase on your part.

Ive seen that top in person by the way and think its great.

Nope, like I said, I mentioned about the textures and the sizing, which you can't tell properly from the photo. Unless your eye sight allows you to touch etc?

Stop being a twat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I have to say here the guy just offered his opinion on the gear. Not sure why people are bothered by that. He’s disappointed with it, if he came on and said it’s the greatest gear ever would he be told to go away?

salmocab wrote: »
    I have to say here the guy just offered his opinion on the gear. Not sure why people are bothered by that. He’s disappointed with it, if he came on and said it’s the greatest gear ever would he be told to go away?

Judging by his replies the only person getting bothered is the poster himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Judging by his replies the only person getting bothered is the poster himself.

I think you quoted the wrong person :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

It's a Munster forum tbf and it's off season so not as if there's a whole lot going on rugby wise to discuss. Think most people will make up their mind by checking out the gear themselves but no harm in op giving their opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I actually sympathize with the point the poster was sorta making in terms of there being basically no stores stocking the Munster gear in Leinster, I'm based in Carlow and it does my head in when I see a few nice bits of gear I may spend on but would like to see the material, finish and fit before splashing out.

I have complained to Lifestyle before on this and they said they have no Carlow store and will speak to the Newbridge outlet on possibility of stocking some items, I've been a few times since then and not 1 Munster item was spotted in the store but they had loads of space allocated to All Blacks and super rugby gear :mad::mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Seeing as, unfortunately, all the gear is the exact same now, you could try on the Leinster one and then ship Munster version to store if you like it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

dub_skav wrote: »
    Seeing as, unfortunately, all the gear is the exact same now, you could try on the Leinster one and then ship Munster version to store if you like it

While that is a good idea I'd fear I might spontaneously combust if I did that :D

Caranica wrote: »
    While that is a good idea I'd fear I might spontaneously combust if I did that :D

With happiness?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Very annoying. Limited range, poor quality, iron on (wash off) crests, sizing all over the place, no 20% voucher, no bricks and mortar stock outside Munster, crazy pricing... and all the rest

Money talks though and plenty of it filters back to Munster through this deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭mun1

Looked over the new munster gear in lifestyle today, and its rank, some of the worst colouring/styling that I’ve ever seen. One jersey looking more orange than red.
    Then i spotted the new Ireland gear... :(

with pride ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mark_way

Any further news on Bastareaud? I think Munster could do with a couple of quality players coming in to tide them over during the world cup. Munster only have Cloete and Botha as NIQs, while Leinster have Tomane, Fardy and Lowe and Ulster have Coetzee, Carter and Faddes, so there's a bit of scope there to target one or two big name players.

mark_way wrote: »
    Any further news on Bastareaud? I think Munster could do with a couple of quality players coming in to tide them over during the world cup. Munster only have Cloete and Botha as NIQs, while Leinster have Tomane, Fardy and Lowe and Ulster have Coetzee, Carter and Faddes, so there's a bit of scope there to target one or two big name players.

The big name players will be at the world cup or are already contracted in England or France. Munster won't be signing any of them for the world cup. JVG did say that cover could be brought in but it will be of the Mathewson level rather then big names if it happens. And Bastareaud definitely won't be coming.

mun1 wrote: »
    Looked over the new munster gear in lifestyle today, and its rank, some of the worst colouring/styling that I’ve ever seen. One jersey looking more orange than red.
    Then i spotted the new Ireland gear... :(

Careful now, that's an opinion and they are outlawed.

What about Mathewson?

Lowe will be qualified by end of WC Or soon after

Just signing players to fill spots is not good business

Bastareaud would be a serious waste of good money to play games in the Pro 14 against teams who will have out kids

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What about Mathewson?

Bastareaud would be a serious waste of good money to play games in the Pro 14 against teams who will have out kids

Lowe has another year before he qualifies

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I'd say all our signing is done for next season but either way don't think Bastareaud is a realistic signing. Besides think IRFU wants provinces to focus more on signing Irish eligible players from abroad these days, with the change in residency rule.

What about Mathewson?

Mathewson is temporary, like Tuqiri or van Dyk at Leinster in the past.

Your intel on Lowe appears to be inaccurate. He won't qualify until November 2020.

Teams have out kids? Kids like Fardy, Lowe and Tomane at Leinster?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Don't you know blue tinted specs smooth out the wrinkles :D

Mathewson is temporary, like Tuqiri or van Dyk at Leinster in the past.

Your intel on Lowe appears to be inaccurate. He won't qualify until November 2020.

Mathewson is a long temporary......comparing to Tuquiri?

Strange to pick Leinster when talking about kids.....anyway Munster won’t play Leinster during WC so irrelevant what Leinster do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Strange to pick Leinster when talking about kids.....anyway Munster won’t play Leinster during WC so irrelevant what Leinster do

What Munster do during the WC is also irrelevant to you....and yet here you are.

What Munster do during the WC is also irrelevant to you....and yet here you are.

have a read of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum

Might explain what boards is......

Maybe read back the posts as well.....the point was made Munster had only 2 NIQ which is incorrect. Mathewson was signed to cover for the WC, personally I have no idea why when they signed a 9 from Leinster, so Munster have 3 NIQ's like the other provinces.

What would you call a three-month contract if not 'temporary'? I'm not entirely in favour of the signing, but after November Nick McCarthy will be getting significant amounts of gametime with Murray away on international duty. Gametime he couldn't get at Leinster because he was blocked by a player brought in from New Zealand.

What would you call a three-month contract if not 'temporary'? I'm not entirely in favour of the signing, but after November Nick McCarthy will be getting significant amounts of gametime with Murray away on international duty. Gametime he couldn't get at Leinster because he was blocked by a player brought in from New Zealand.

Mathewson is over 12 months now at Munster, each short contract has been extended and who is to say it won't be again....Murray was fit and back playing and he still was resigned last year

McCarthy was promoted to the senior team in 2017-18. So he has had 2 full seasons and played 36 times including and semi and final of Pro14.

He was playing and was on bench right up till his move was announced and then Leinster played some of the younger guys, I think he had an injury as well which ruled him out.

Bill Johnson was promoted at the same time, potentially is a better player and could progress to international caps. Munster gave him 12 caps over those 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

tenor.gif

Advertisement