Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Garces appointed for Sarries match

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

They said who refs would be when the QFs were announced

If I recall Barnes will be reffing the Leinster Game

I imagine final will be Barnes unless Sarries in it or Garces unless French

Sarries vs Toulouse?

Owens? Whitehouse?

Lacey?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Garces appointed for Sarries match

I was happy enough when he was named for the Exeter away game, but my god did he frustrate the hell out of me over those two games. Hopefully we'll have learned how to play him from having him for those two game.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

Riskymove wrote: »
    They said who refs would be when the QFs were announced

If I recall Barnes will be reffing the Leinster Game

I imagine final will be Barnes unless Sarries in it or Garces unless French

Sarries vs Toulouse?

Owens? Whitehouse?

Lacey?

Lacey is due to retire at the end of the season so they might give it to him as a golden handshake. Whitehouse shouldn't be anywhere near the business end of this tournament. Owens has done 4 of the last 7 finals so maybe they don't want to give it to him at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

I was happy enough when he was named for the Exeter away game, but my god did he frustrate the hell out of me over those two games. Hopefully we'll have learned how to play him from having him for those two game.

Barnes would have been worse after the Castres game.

Garces means a free for all at rucks usually. Hope we adapt faster. We have been guilty of being too slow to push boundaries when Garces has been in charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Everyone is a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Tickets & trains booked. Staying in London that weekend. Come on Munster!!! #SUAF

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Is the A game on tv anywhere tonight?:)
    Or streaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Or streaming?

Will be streamed on NESNPlus and then uploaded to YouTube after I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Or streaming?

Think the Free Jacks post on Twitter but no live stream that I know of but could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The trip to Benetton is going to be difficult. They have only lost to Ulster and Leinster at home this season and just put in a good performance at the RDS. Scannell and Sweetnam have played the full 80 minutes in the last three games (minus 3 minutes for Scannell) so I imagine they are in line for a rest week. POM and Murray should be rested as well due to being starting internationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

The trip to Benetton is going to be difficult. They have only lost to Ulster and Leinster at home this season and just put in a good performance at the RDS. Scannell and Sweetnam have played the full 80 minutes in the last three games (minus 3 minutes for Scannell) so I imagine they are in line for a rest week. POM and Murray should be rested as well due to being starting internationals.

Surely it'll be a second string with the European semi the following week

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Surely it'll be a second string with the European semi the following week

The second string would lose. Based on last year in South Africa, we'll see some European starters play that didn't play last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jmn51927

Team Prediction:
    Loughman Marshall Archer O Shea Wycherley O’Donoghue Cloete Botha Alby JJ Goggin Arnold Nash O’Mahony Haley
    O’Byrne, Kilcoyne(no other looseheads) Parker Holland O’Mahony Cronin Bill Taute
    Dont think there’s any other backrows in Ireland so POM it must be

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭leakyboots

How did the As get on stateside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

leakyboots wrote: »
    How did the As get on stateside?

They won handily enough

https://munsterrugby.ie/2019/04/07/munster-a-defeat-new-england-free-jacks/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Cheers for that. Jeez James Hart really fell out of favour didn't he? Or was he coming back from injury? Only coming on as a sub away to the As having come from the Pro14. Shame the move hasn't worked out for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Cheers for that. Jeez James Hart really fell out of favour didn't he? Or was he coming back from injury? Only coming on as a sub away to the As having come from the Pro14. Shame the move hasn't worked out for him.

He looked like a very good prospect under Jackman... then went onto Racing and after a bright enough start, he just seemed to stagnate...his natural game is definitely a bit more suited to the French league, slower pace etc, I heard he's being picked up next season by a French side, but can't remember who

• Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭phog

From Donn O'Sullivan
    Interested to see both Munster and Saracens line ups next weekend. Both away from home.
    Some Munster stars gone on holidays, meaning they should be the 'fresher' squad come April 20 at the Ricoh. All positive ahead of season defining fixture.

We'll definitely be fielding a weaker team for Benneton but it's a game we need to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Treviso haven’t gotten full recognition for how good they have been this season because people are so used to the Italian teams being very average.

Their home form has been excellent, two defeats being just a narrow loss to Ulster and a loss to Leinster both in November. With Zebre to play in the last round, a win against Munster this week would give them a serious chance of a home playoff. Their crowds have increased from 2,500ish to over 4,000 for recent games and they are predicting a sell out of 6,200 for the Munster match, which I think would be their first in history.

Will be a very impressive result if a weakened Munster can win over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭budhabob

The Jack O'Donoghue doc is very good, fascinating insight into rehab and the inner workings of Munster Rugby
    Just watched it there - really interesting insight in what must be a really tough journey back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

"Munster Rugby and the IRFU are pleased to confirm that Munster Rugby Head Coach Johann van Graan has extended his contract for a further two years, and will remain with the province until June 2022."

https://munsterrugby.ie/2019/04/08/johann-van-graan-commits-to-munster-rugby/?fbclid=IwAR1WMU-61tMa8eq-Zy62oFznVEr1qll3sDVscMCCqlroP5TGSg7LZErFLyg

Good news - bit of stability and hopefully we'll see Munster progress and evolve. Doing a bit of cleaning house with contracts, etc. too so will be interesting to see the makeup of the squad over next couple of seasons. Hopefully we can push on for some silverware now!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    "Munster Rugby and the IRFU are pleased to confirm that Munster Rugby Head Coach Johann van Graan has extended his contract for a further two years, and will remain with the province until June 2022."

https://munsterrugby.ie/2019/04/08/johann-van-graan-commits-to-munster-rugby/?fbclid=IwAR1WMU-61tMa8eq-Zy62oFznVEr1qll3sDVscMCCqlroP5TGSg7LZErFLyg

Good news - bit of stability and hopefully we'll see Munster progress and evolve. Doing a bit of cleaning house with contracts, etc. too so will be interesting to see the makeup of the squad over next couple of seasons. Hopefully we can push on for some silverware now!

While Iv been really critical of some of the coaching in terms of our attack I do think this is the right decision. A bit of stability in the club now so hopefully can keep pushing on. Still think I’d like to replace Felix Jones though as our attack is our main weakness and is holding us back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

While Iv been really critical of some of the coaching in terms of our attack I do think this is the right decision. A bit of stability in the club now so hopefully can keep pushing on. Still think I’d like to replace Felix Jones though as our attack is our main weakness and is holding us back.

You might be right but i still have some sympathy for Jones. It's hard to blame him for keeping things tight when the last guy who tried to get Munster to throw a ball around was Rob Penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

JP Ferreira Contracted till 2020 would hope he's staying for the long haul as well

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jmn51927

E mac wrote: »
    JP Ferreira Contracted till 2020 would hope he's staying for the long haul as well

Definitely. Unsung hero of our province. To concede less than 20 points to Exeter X2,Edinburgh,Leinster Castres X2 and to have the best defensive record in the Pro14 and HC is a phenomenal achievement and the cornerstone of our success

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

jmn51927 wrote: »
    Definitely. Unsung hero of our province. To concede less than 20 points to Exeter X2,Edinburgh,Leinster Castres X2 and to have the best defensive record in the Pro14 and HC is a phenomenal achievement and the cornerstone of our success

Really impressive alright, seems to have improved even on what Nienaber did before him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

... unless he activates his break clause, or the IRFU activate theirs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Would be great if we could get the CC semi-final monkey off our back. Don't think it will be this season but hopefully soon.

Advertisement