Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

yerrahbah wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MRSC16/status/1113081628933476352

Lottery open tomorrow for SF tickets. MRSC members only.

Surprised there's a lottery. I reckon these will be handy enough to come by. It holds 32,600. Sarries will be lucky to bring 10k. I doubt Munsters support will reach 20K.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Surprised there's a lottery. I reckon these will be handy enough to come by. It holds 32,600. Sarries will be lucky to bring 10k. I doubt Munsters support will reach 20K.

Munster are entitled to 50% of Total capacity - Sponsers, corperate etc.

So lets say 32,600 - 5,000 = 31,600/2 = 15,800 tickets for Branch/Clubs/Sponsors/MRSC

So I can certainly see why a lottery is necessary.

However, I expect Sarries will put tickets on general public sale so there will be no hassle getting tickets. Munster just have to go about things the proper way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Munster can't rotate too much as the A team are on their Cara cup holiday in Boston

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

15 to 20k in Edinburgh but with the shorter turnaround to this match and increase in flights , issues with trains that weekend etc think 10k would be very max if that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

If Munster decide to target the Saracens game I think they should really consider starting Loughman at loosehead. He doesn't have the experience of Kilcoyne, but he's a far smarter rugby player in terms of having the vision to pass the ball to teammates in more space.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

If Munster decide to target the Saracens game...

It's a Heineken Cup Semi-Final. Of course they will.
    ...I think they should really consider starting Loughman at loosehead. He doesn't have the experience of Kilcoyne, but he's a far smarter rugby player in terms of having the vision to pass the ball to teammates in more space.

Kilcoyne is having a very strong season, to the point he's replaced Jack McGrath as Ireland loosehead backup. I don't see any reason not to start him.

aloooof wrote: »
    It's a Heineken Cup Semi-Final. Of course they will.

Kilcoyne is having a very strong season, to the point he's replaced Jack McGrath as Ireland loosehead backup. I don't see any reason not to start him.

It's just the whole charging into contact when there's an overlap outside thing that he does. You can't afford to butcher chances like that in a semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Munster can't rotate too much as the A team are on their Cara cup holiday in Boston

Only 6 senior players included. Liam O’Connor, Conor Oliver, Alex Wootton, Dave O’Callaghan, Duncan Williams and James Hart. last 3 out of contract.Not a great sign for them.

It's just the whole charging into contact when there's an overlap outside thing that he does. You can't afford to butcher chances like that in a semi.

When was the last time he did this? Remember it in a Munster Leinster game from maybe 3-4 season ago.

When was the last time he did this? Remember it in a Munster Leinster game from maybe 3-4 season ago.

Dunno, man. But if someone wanted to make a compilation video there'd be no shortage of examples. You'd have to trawl through a lot of tape though. I seem to remember at least two instances from the semi-final loss to Saracens under Erasmus.

• Advertisement

Dunno, man. But if someone wanted to make a compilation video there'd be no shortage of examples. You'd have to trawl through a lot of tape though. I seem to remember at least two instances from the semi-final loss to Saracens under Erasmus.

Given it being such a big problem, I'd have assumed you have some more recent examples? I don't remember him butchering any overlaps for us that day (we struggled to create any). But dropping him for a player who hasn't even started a European game for us hardly seems the answer.

Given it being such a big problem, I'd have assumed you have some more recent examples? I don't remember him butchering any overlaps for us that day (we struggled to create any). But dropping him for a player who hasn't even starting a European game for us hardly seems the answer.

I think he did it last Autumn for Ireland as well. Probably in the USA game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭phog

I think he did it last Autumn for Ireland as well. Probably in the USA game.

Thats' 3 or 4 times so - over how many minutes of rugby.

When was April's fool day again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

He's talking about picking Jeremy Loughman ahead of Dave Kilcoyne.

Do you really think he's being serious?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

He's talking about picking Jeremy Loughman ahead of Dave Kilcoyne.

Do you really think he's being serious?

He doesn't pick the team thankfully.

p.s. Loughman has prospered since his move. He may progress further too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I see Richie has expanded from the Leinster thread, he's your problem now....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,292 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I hear the no takes backs rule applies

salmocab wrote: »

Much like with Joey Carbery. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Eod100 wrote: »
    Only 6 senior players included. Liam O’Connor, Conor Oliver, Alex Wootton, Dave O’Callaghan, Duncan Williams and James Hart. last 3 out of contract.Not a great sign for them.

Good availability at present means people need gametime.

Should injuries happen, its nothing to get a flight back to Shannon from the East Coast

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Much like with Joey Carbery. ;)

As long as you take Richie, that’s a fair deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

salmocab wrote: »

I wish. They're forever taking them.

Team for tomorrow
    Munster: Mike Haley; Andrew Conway, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Tyler Bleyendaal, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Kevin O’Byrne, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland; Peter O’Mahony (C), Chris Cloete, Arno Botha.

Replacements: Niall Scannell, Jeremy Loughman, Stephen Archer, Tadhg Beirne, CJ Stander, Alby Mathewson, JJ Hanrahan, Sammy Arnold.

Tyler and Murray starts

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

That bench!

That bench!

Sammy instead of Dan Goggin and no Fineen Wycherley - did either or both go with the A team - I saw the squad but can't remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

phog wrote: »
    Sammy instead of Dan Goggin and no Fineen Wycherley - did either or both go with the A team - I saw the squad but can't remember?

Nope probably 24/25 men

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭leakyboots

The Jack O'Donoghue doc is very good, fascinating insight into rehab and the inner workings of Munster Rugby

leakyboots wrote: »
    The Jack O'Donoghue doc is very good, fascinating insight into rehab and the inner workings of Munster Rugby

I saw the link but haven't looked at it yet - must try check it out later today

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jmn51927

phog wrote: »
    I saw the link but haven't looked at it yet - must try check it out later today

Anyone have the link

jmn51927 wrote: »
    Anyone have the link

https://youtu.be/IJj-UTZSWHY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jmn51927

Advertisement