Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Daily bets, Banter and Accumulators thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Si1965

Palace are certainly the value bet of the day in the Premiership and it would be nice to repeat last season's victory at OT (one of their two home defeats). They certainly have a lot going for them buoyed from their opening day victory over Saints and the fact that this will be United's opening fixture.
    Injuries still dominate the Palace squad, especially in defence and while new signings Eze and Bats were given a run-out in the midweek cup game, I would be surprised if they start. This means the line-up is likely to be a repeat of last week. The danger is that, while the make-shift defence coped against Southampton, the United front line have serious pace and movement that will prove a constant menace. Also, the absence of a front man for the Eagles who can hold up the ball means, more often than not, most forays forward will be quickly turned around, so the defence will be given little respite.
    I am not saying a Palace win is impossible, but it will either require a first half goal (like last week) or a formidable defensive display to keep it goalless until the final 20 mins where the introduction of Eze and Batshuayi could provide the unexpected. My main worry, is that with the same personnel and tactics, Ole will have set-up his side in a way to counter the Palace setup and prevail where Saints floundered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Depends on how much they would have to pay out, if it's not much they might just pay out but state that they really didnt have to.

DCL scores so we're gonna find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,325 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Everton -1
    Arsenal -1
    Man Utd -1
    Norwich
    BVB

36/1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

hernandez assist 12/5 888

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

mailburner wrote: »
    hernandez assist 12/5 888

injured in warm-up ive just read

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

DCL scores so we're gonna find out.

Anyone get paid?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Preston and West Brom double - 25/1 - easy money.

Home advantage does not matter a bolleex with no crowds.

That phrase 'Easy Money' strikes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Anyone get paid?

Still pending for me anyway so not sure what is gonna happen. My payout is 110£ I assume we will get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Anyone get paid?

Yep and had €30 on it, happy days - thanks to OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Yep and had €30 on it, happy days - thanks to OP.

Paid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

James McCarthy to be booked 3/1. Oh, go on then!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

PSV - Emmen

Madueke (PSV) AGS @ 2.5

inforfun wrote: »
    PSV - Emmen

Madueke (PSV) AGS @ 2.5

Winner in the 22nd minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭New Era

New Era wrote: »
    Crystal Palace to beat Man utd tonight in the half five kick-off looks terrific value. Around 17-2 generally, I think the Palace can take advantage of Man U's stop start pre season and with Zaha in good form again, there are far worse 17-2 shots around.

Winner winner chicken dinner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Winner winner chicken dinner!!

That was a great shout in fairness. I had four home winds on the PL today so didn't follow you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Taking 2 for tomorrow from pp, (think all 4 home prem teams could win)
    Arsenal Everton Leeds at 3/1
    Leeds Man Utd and Norwich at 9/2

3/1 will have to do.

That was a great shout in fairness. I had four home winds on the PL today so didn't follow you.

Did you do the four PL home wins today in a accumulator Brock Turnpike? If so that's tough luck. Really thought especially after the team sheets came out from both teams an hour before kick off, that Man U were most vulnerable against a Palace side that had a lot of speed in their team. MU absolutely hate opponents running at them at speed and tbh the away side could have scored at will tonight.

I expect Luton and Brighton in the next two matches to give Utd loads and I probably back them in a double also. All and all a tough day for Man Utd but a good day for my bank balance that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

My latest acca: Liverpool & BTTS/BTTS in Madrid game/BTTS & over 2.5 in City game

Goals must flow:p

Leic to win, leic most corners, burnley most cards 3/1 pp

I'm calling it now. Can't believe that Luton Town are double digit odds, 10-1 generally but got 11-1 this afternoon on the self service machines at bar one against Man U. Four matches and four wins in both carabao cup and championship and joint top too.

You can't ask for more and manager Nathan Jones is a very shrewd operator. Utd 1-4 to come out on top, by just before 10 on Tuesday night is desperate value. Can see a shock here and with the continued negativity at Old Trafford, compared to the positive vibes at the Kenilworth road club, a famous carabao cup win over the red devils, imo is on the cards.

As an alternative Luton to qualify for the next round, which of course means penalties, may also attract punters. No matter what I expect a big surprise by Tuesday end.

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    Leic to win, leic most corners, burnley most cards 3/1 pp

Card in 91st min brings this in

• Registered Users Posts: 15,325 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Gonna wait for the team sheets, but given that this is City's first game of the season and few injuries/COVID quaranting. 6/1 on Wolves at home is a nice price.

Fitz* wrote: »
    Gonna wait for the team sheets, but given that this is City's first game of the season and few injuries/COVID quaranting. 6/1 on Wolves at home is a nice price.

Stuck a tenner on Wolves at that 6-1 also. Man City do look as vulnerable like their counterparts in old Trafford on Saturday, for quite similar reasons too and hopefully another upset might be on the the cards at Molineaux come just after 10 tonight.

on wolves also at 13/2

lot's of 5s and a few going 6s this morning, more or less been
    drifting since

small bet also on sterling over 0.5 shots in each half 4/1 pp

Stuck a tenner on Wolves at that 6-1 also. Man City do look as vulnerable like their counterparts in old Trafford on Saturday, for quite similar reasons too and hopefully another upset might be on the the cards at Molineaux come just after 10 tonight.

Not been a good start at all. City leading one nil and dominating possession and territory and KDB and Sterling at their usual threatening best.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭fankity flank

Still a good bet made for the right reasons, all the value was with Wolves. City's penalty to go 1-0 up looked soft to me, and Wolves caused quite a few problems in the second half.

Maybe Wolves DNB might have been the more sensible bet. Obviously not in hindsight, but you know what I mean...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I'm calling it now. Can't believe that Luton Town are double digit odds, 10-1 generally but got 11-1 this afternoon on the self service machines at bar one against Man U. Four matches and four wins in both carabao cup and championship and joint top too.

You can't ask for more and manager Nathan Jones is a very shrewd operator. Utd 1-4 to come out on top, by just before 10 on Tuesday night is desperate value. Can see a shock here and with the continued negativity at Old Trafford, compared to the positive vibes at the Kenilworth road club, a famous carabao cup win over the red devils, imo is on the cards.

As an alternative Luton to qualify for the next round, which of course means penalties, may also attract punters. No matter what I expect a big surprise by Tuesday end.

Bwin also tipping a Luton win
    https://sports.bwin.com/en/news/football/luton-vs-man-utd-prediction/
    I'm going with a Bet Builder of Luton/BTTS/Collins AGS @ 28/1

Willem II - Rangers

Pavlidis AGS @ 3.45 (888, bet365 only @2.6)

And 888 let you double up AGS from the same match so Pavlidis and Morelos both to score AGS @7

Bayern, Liverpool and Bristol City at 5/1 pp

First 2 should win, while Villa aren't great scorers and Bristol have started well enough in their couple of games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Bayern -1 at evens on Betfair Exchange. I can see them winning this comfortably.

Advertisement