Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Daily bets, Banter and Accumulators thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

I also feel that Ireland minus 1 at 4/1 represents value for a small nibble. We beat Bulgaria by 2 at home with a second string side. We are likely to put out a first string side tomorrow and McGoldrick is only missing starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭franglan

Ekels wrote: »
    I also feel that Ireland minus 1 at 4/1 represents value for a small nibble. We beat Bulgaria by 2 at home with a second string side. We are likely to put out a first string side tomorrow and McGoldrick is only missing starter.

Just did same bet, medium bet for me on that. -2 at 12s... for people who like nice odds!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Not seeing it at all when we've only beaten gibraltar away in the past
    three years and by one goal

price seems skinny to me

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MevinLegend

Players will be looking to impress Kenny with it being his first game. Lots of competition for places in certain positions like striker and central midfield. Bulgaria have only won once in last twelve games proving their quite a poor side. There is definitely value in Ireland whether it be a win or -1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

When was the last time Ireland won a competitive away game by more than 1 goal?

Not including some mismatch against your Gibralties and the likes.

• Advertisement

When was the last time Ireland won a competitive away game by more than 1 goal?

Not including some mismatch against your Gibralties and the likes.
    Moldova away in October 2016. That is a bit of a worrying stat however recently when we play lower ranked teams in qualification it's been against the likes of Georgia which is a tough fixture away. Personally I would say Georgia are a better side than Bulgaria even though the fifa rankings say different. In the last few years we have lacked a goal scorer but that has seemed to change now with the likes of Idah, Connolly etc. As a whole we are a lot better than four years ago with a strong defense and with many options up top. No crowd at an away match in Bulgaria is also going to help rather than having a hostile atmosphere to put up with.

I don't think we will be playing total football but we will definitely be playing a slightly more attacking style away than we would have against, say, Georgia.

Bulgaria are really poor though. Almost all of their squad comprises of a mixed bag of Bulgarian club players. Ludogorets are their league champions and have a team comprising mostly of foreign players to such a degree that there are only providing two players to this squad. The lads playing abroad are with Leuven, Arsenal Tula, Gil Vicente, Hatayspor, Hajduk Split and Charleroi.

13/10 seems value. I agree on the concerns re the handicap bet. And I appreciate all contradictory opinions on the 13/10. It tempers my expectations!

Also, another variable to offer in relation to the away game point- this match is behind closed doors. Not sure how much that matters- the support wasn't incredible by the Georgians in Tbilisi last year! But still.

I know I'm offering points to support my own view here and there are plenty points to contradict it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Hourihane wincast 6/1 seems the value for me

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Quick question for you guys here, I'm looking at the shots market for the Ireland game tonight and the one player who makes my blood boil with taking shots from stupid angles and shooting when he always gets a chance at goal is James McClean, just wondering If i was backing him to take a shot does blocked shots count regarding that bet.

If it does then going pretty big on him tonight, rumours going around that he's going to be playing central in a diamond formation tonight.

2+ shots 11/10
    3+ shots 7/2
    4+ shots 11/1

• Advertisement

Odds have shortened massively for Ireland. Into evens with most, Paddypower now 10/11. Feeling quite confident that we will get the job done but you never know with this team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Quick question for you guys here, I'm looking at the shots market for the Ireland game tonight and the one player who makes my blood boil with taking shots from stupid angles and shooting when he always gets a chance at goal is James McClean, just wondering If i was backing him to take a shot does blocked shots count regarding that bet.

If it does then going pretty big on him tonight, rumours going around that he's going to be playing central in a diamond formation tonight.

2+ shots 11/10
    3+ shots 7/2
    4+ shots 11/1

Yep blocked shots will count in the total shots market on target have to be saves or goals

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Look out for Betway boosts. This is the max I could have on Ireland bet put the rest in my account on the Rory boost. But look out for them. Small stakes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,551 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Irl to win and Connolly to have 2 or more sot at 8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭franglan

unplayable wrote: »
    Look out for Betway boosts. This is the max I could have on Ireland bet put the rest in my account on the Rory boost. But look out for them. Small stakes.

Some boost! How do you qualify for that? Typical boost I get from betfair, ladbrooks, et al is instantly forgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Nations League acca for interest:

Finland/Faeroes/Netherlands/Scotland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Ireland/Germany/Russia/Ukraine ~18/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

Irl to win and Connolly to have 2 or more shots at 8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

small bet Wales/Turkey/russia 6/1

Not a big fan of his but will take a chance on Hendrick getting forward 1 shot on target 11/5
    2 shots on target 14/1

And Duffy 1 shot on target 12/5

That'll do for me

• Advertisement

Nations League acca for interest:

Finland/Faeroes/Netherlands/Scotland

If at first you don't succeed, going with Italy/Netherlands/Scotland/Georgia/England/Portugal

8/1 for over 1.5 goals in all nations league matches will do

Over 2.5 and btts trixie
    Norway Austria 8/5
    Slovakia Czech 8/5
    Italy Bosnia 13/10

Doing Sky request-a-bet Kane, Sancho & Sterling to score and Bjarnason to be carded @ 40/1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,551 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Connolly 2 or more sot at 6/4 and 3 or more at 11/2 for interest in Irl game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Oddly enough, I’m going ireland 4-0
    40/1

8/1 for over 1.5 goals in all nations league matches will do

Over 2.5 and btts trixie
    Norway Austria 8/5
    Slovakia Czech 8/5
    Italy Bosnia 13/10

1 goal short on the 8/1 and 2 out of 3 on the trixie meant a small profit on the night

Going with btts and over 2.5 again

2 singles and a double
    Greece kosovo 2/1
    Serbia Turkey 13/10

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

zahavi anytime 13/10
    2 or more 8/1 (next best 6/1)
    hatrick 40/1

last 4 at home 0/1/1/3/1 but on a right streak overall, almost always
    scores unless against decent oppostion and slovakia are hardly that.

pp a scandalous 4/6+16/5 12/1 on these :eek: (15/8 fgs also)

Final Nations League fling:

France BTTS/BTTS in Sweden game/Belgium to win both halves

Final Nations League fling:

France BTTS/BTTS in Sweden game/Belgium to win both halves

Who was that bellend who got sent off for Sweden?:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,449 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

It was a long wait, but this finally came in.
    Fitz* wrote: »
    Soyuncu is priced at 10/1 to be in team of the year. Leicester been very good defensively this season and some of the 'big names' won't be in the running to partner VVD in the team of the year. Matip has been injured, Laporte injured, Stones/Otamendi not good enough. Maguire been poor, Spurs been poor so far, Arsenal been poor. Chelsea may get someone in but I wouldn't say their defenders have been excellent. Leicester have been good and I think Soyuncu has been the 'best of the rest' in terms of CBs in the league. Somehow Kieran Tierney & Luke Shaw are both 9/1 after 3 league starts. I think 10/1 is a brilliant price.

Advertisement