Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,411 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Now it's time to revoke the citizenship of our ISIS "Irishman" . Absolutely no excuses now.

Ha some hope of that happening, Varadkar said he was entitled to consular assistance and it would be given if he looked for it.

This fella and his buddies would throw Varadkar off the roof of a building for being gay and yet he offers him help, hopefully the Kurds have a quick trial and let him swing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Some of the ones who have been constantly posting on here they don't think she should get back but she has too because the UK can't stop her. She was groomed, and only 15.
    Their silence is deafening now.

We don’t know the legality of this new order yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I think I’d rather live in a Syrian refugee camp than Bangladesh. Good enough for her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Kicked out of the EU.

So no penalty then.

So no penalty then.

Ah I was just being a tad sarcastic :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Now it's time to revoke the citizenship of our ISIS "Irishman" . Absolutely no excuses now.

The establishment in Dublin are too corwardly to do anything. Don’t want to be accused of racism by the Twitter cúnts.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

There has to be a strong deterrant to stop gap year terrorists like this going in the first place.
    Its good her current miserable situation is played out all over the news. No-one can say in future they didn't know what they were getting in to.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

statesaver wrote: »
    The establishment in Dublin are too corwardly to do anything. Don’t want to be accused of racism by the Twitter cúnts.

I wouldn't be surprised if they sent the government jet to pick him up.

I do love a good news day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭malinheader

We don’t know the legality of this new order yet.

Ok take your point. Still don't see to many of them praising the UK for doing or trying to do this revoking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Best news I've heard in ages.

Bin laden was Saudi and would def be stopped if he arrived in at Dublin port or airport.

The CTA applies ONLY to Uk and Irish and as far as I know we have the right to stop and refuse any UK National we damn well please

Disgusting that you label ppl nazis when the actual real life group carrying out nazi esque atrocities are isis who this creature joined
    The common travel just means that Irish & UK citizens can freely cross the borders between the two countries without needing any permission, and yes you're correct anyone can be prevented from crossing if there is a reason to do so. EU citizens still need to show passports as we're outside the Schengen zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The common travel just means that Irish & UK citizens can freely cross the borders between the two countries without needing any permission, and yes you're correct anyone can be prevented from crossing if there is a reason to do so. EU citizens still need to show passports as we're outside the Schengen zone.

This is off topic but surely Irish guards can stop a Uk national entry if they have good reason to and vice versa with Irish going into the Uk

This is off topic but surely Irish guards can stop a Uk national entry if they have good reason to and vice versa with Irish going into the Uk
    Yes that's what I said in the post you quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Yes that's what I said in the post you quoted.

Sorry missed that in your post thanks

Ah, no.

red petal wrote: »
    I haven’t seen any racist comments here? Disagreeing with someone and presuming they’re of different races is not racist.

Don’t think he is serious, being flippant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Im absolutely delighted with that ruling.

She is an IS sympathizer.

Let her rot out there with those mangy vile creatures.

Well done UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭AllForIt

She’s not stateless, she was born in Bangladesh of Bangladeshi parents according to a defence correspondent on twitter. So even if she hasn’t got a valid Bangladeshi passport right now she is still naturally a Bangladeshi national.

So thats probably how the home office can be confident they can do this and not break international law.

To be fair to other posters this fact, that she is actually of dual nationality, that she moved from Bangladesh to the UK when she was 3yo, has just come out in the last half hour.

It looks as thought the home office did an investigation and found this out and I wouldn't be surprised if this info was deliberately withheld by both her and her family.

So in the end the UK haven't broke any law and must be feeling quite relived that they had an easy way out of this.

Uncharted wrote: »
    Im absolutely delighted with that ruling.

She is an IS sympathizer.

Let her rot out there with those mangy vile creatures.

Well done UK.

“Shamima Begum’s disturbing case holds a mirror up to a weak, vengeful Britain, as opposed to the strong, tolerant and humane society we could be”

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/commentisfree/2019/feb/19/shamima-begum-groomed-british-teenage-girl-racist-britain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

This isn’t actually true, is it?

Significant numbers of these weasels were quite evidently not willing to die for the cause. When they started being smashed by coalition air strikes and Kurdish and Iraqi ground troops, lots of these ‘hard men’ ran back to Europe.

They enjoyed dishing out the brutality to Kurds, yazidis, Christians, aid workers, the ‘wrong’ kind of Muslims, but when the lead started flying back at them, a lot of them ran home.

If these evil, yet very cowardly, bastards knew there wasn’t a hope of they getting back if they decided to make the trip out there I am pretty sure that many would have thought twice.

i'd doubt it. those planning to go to fight for the likes of isis vermin generally go with no intention to return anyway unless forced to. as isis vermin have thankfully failed, the foreign fighters are being forced to return to their country of origin because they aren't wanted.

There has to be a strong deterrant to stop gap year terrorists like this going in the first place.
    Its good her current miserable situation is played out all over the news. No-one can say in future they didn't know what they were getting in to.

such a deterrent likely doesn't exist nor is it likely that it can be made to exist or work as those who believe in fighting for the cause of isis vermin believe their cause is worth whatever may be thrown at them and at any cost.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Bin laden was Saudi and would def be stopped if he arrived in at Dublin port or airport.

The CTA applies ONLY to Uk and Irish and as far as I know the guards have the right to stop and refuse any UK National we damn well please

Disgusting that you label ppl nazis when the actual real life group carrying out nazi esque atrocities are isis who this creature joined
    You can get a National Express coach from London to Belfast, no passport required, and then hop on a train to Dundalk for under £60.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Candamir

If you’re not a UK or Irish national, you most certainly do require a passport. Now you won’t often be asked for it......

“Shamima Begum’s disturbing case holds a mirror up to a weak, vengeful Britain, as opposed to the strong, tolerant and humane society we could be”

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/commentisfree/2019/feb/19/shamima-begum-groomed-british-teenage-girl-racist-britain

Written completely unbiased no doubt by Chitra Ramaswamy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Well done UK. Let the horrible bitch rot there.

Uncharted wrote: »
    Written complety unbiased no doubt by Chitra Ramaswamy.

It’s the url that gets me.

It’s the url that gets me.

I know.

I hadn't got the will to post it for fear of spreading such bilge.

What a vacuous,virtue signalling load of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Boy Barrett and Ruth will be making their case to Charlie Flanagan to allow her to come over here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Yamah50 and all his posts removed. Sorry if it screws up the flow but needed to be done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement