Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stages/Hens thread

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Hi,

Im looking for a recommendation for a restaurant for a stag party of 12 people on a Saturday night in June.

We wouldn't be taking the piss but will no doubt be louder than your average group of 6 couples.

Any recommendations?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Lots of pubs in Galway do decent food and could cater for ye. Say somewhere like the Oslo in Salthill or 7 on middle Street

But a restaurant that'll cater for ye... milanos handle stags and hens the whole time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭LowOdour

http://www.crowesbar.com/BBQs.html

Not sure if they would cater for just 12 people, but might be other groups there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

Heading to Galway on Friday for a stag. We're all in our mid 40s so we're a bit past it, but up for a bit of craic anyway.

Looking for some advice on food and decent pubs for a group of around 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

For oldfellas I suppose a good pub is something like Bunch of Grapes, Quays or Garavans but tbh most places along the main street (Shop Street) will be good. Just stick your heads in a few doors and you'll be alright.

Food
    http://brasseriegalway.com/
    http://www.parkhousehotel.ie/restaurant.html

Everything is a few mins walk from each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

Thanks Biko. I was trying my best not to use the "oldfellas" word!
    We're all still young at heart! :D

Freeny's too and O'Connell's is pretty much suited to all also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Freeny's too and O'Connell's is pretty much suited to all also.

Nice outdoor area in O'Connells aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Heading to Galway for a stag party with 10 others in July, Friday to Sunday. We are staying in Flannerys hotel and on one of the days there is bubble football organised as well as entry into Carbon?? nightclub. Looking for recommendations for other things to do and also some pubs and or disco bars. The group are all aged late 20's to early 30's. It's the weekend before the races begin so maybe there are other events on to coincide with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭jpm4

markc1184 wrote: »
    Heading to Galway for a stag party with 10 others in July, Friday to Sunday. We are staying in Flannerys hotel and on one of the days there is bubble football organised as well as entry into Carbon?? nightclub. Looking for recommendations for other things to do and also some pubs and or disco bars. The group are all aged late 20's to early 30's. It's the weekend before the races begin so maybe there are other events on to coincide with that?

I did the Bubble wrap thing last week - great fun, ask the "ref" to take some video footage of it. I found the Front Door a great pub (lot of women in there, good for any single guys), Roisin Dubh is a good late bar. Some people mentioning O' Connell's there - we went in (early, 8 of us in normal clothes, sober) and were told "No Stags". Fair enough their choice, barman was being a bit of a **** though all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Back2work

Hello,

We are a group of ladies heading to galway city next wkend for a 2 day hen. First nite will be just food and cocktails, second night will be a meal in one of the citys hotels and entry to Carbon night club. We are really clueless as most have not been to Galway before

Could you please list some nice cocktail venues and bars for the Friday night? Also maybe a good restaurant?

As regards the Carbon niteclub, would this be a suitable venue for ages 30 to 40. Its a mixed group of some single women and some married, in relationships etc

Any recommendations on fun pubs would also be great

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Back2work wrote: »
    Hello,

We are a group of ladies heading to galway city next wkend for a 2 day hen. First nite will be just food and cocktails, second night will be a meal in one of the citys hotels and entry to Carbon night club. We are really clueless as most have not been to Galway before

Could you please list some nice cocktail venues and bars for the Friday night? Also maybe a good restaurant?

As regards the Carbon niteclub, would this be a suitable venue for ages 30 to 40. Its a mixed group of some single women and some married, in relationships etc

Any recommendations on fun pubs would also be great

Thanks
    House hotel for cocktails, tons of good restaurants, look through TripAdvisor. Carbon is way off for your age range, try halo or the quays, carbon is 18-21 ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Whoever is advising these Hens and Stags to go to Carbon is having a laugh. Way too young of a crowd in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Carbon is completely non suited to hens or stags.

21 year old max.

Go to quays or halo or lots go to stock exchange.

Cocktails - house hotel is great.

Most of these have been recommended already.

I'd recommend every group to go walk the prom. Braver ones can jump in the sea at the diving boards. Great to clear the head. Get 99s. It's easy for everyone and it's free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Monroe's Live, Massimo's, Quays, Buskers are all pretty decent spots for a Hen. Carbon is a bit of a joke if it's actually a hen package, last time I was in there I was 26 and felt like a crumbling relic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Great weekend had by all of us. The rooms in the hotel were fine for a stag. Staff were nice and accommodating were needed. We had food in the hotel on the Friday and in An Pucan on Saturday while watching the game on the big screen. Pubs we went to were Garavans, Taaffes and I think it's called The Dew Drop? After seeing the queue at Carbon and the ages of those there we didn't bother going there. We some how got split in 2 groups and we ended up in Electric and unsure were the other group went on the Friday night. We all went to Halo on the Saturday. Bouncers took a bit of convincing to let us all in but eventually we got in. Thanks for recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 justme1986

Hi there!

Any recommendations for a caterers for a hen party in Galway? We're staying in Salthill.

I know there are a couple of threads on here on this already but they're a couple of years old and would love if someone could give an up to date review!!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Excited!

Galway Races as part of small Hen Party-Good/Bad Idea?.....Help
    Hi All,

Im having a very small Hen weekend for my sister in Aug, Its one of 3, work is a seperate wider hen and another more local night at the dogs for a large mixed group of young/old, inlaws/outlaws etc so Im just planning an kind of pamper weekend for the 5 ladies in our immediate family.

The idea was to go to the eve race meet of galway races on Fri Aug 4th 17' and a spa morning on the sat, light lunch/shopping and vintage afternnon tea, meal and night out in the evening......

My other sister is concerned that the weekend of the races in Galway is not going to be a comfortable affair in the city (she went to college in galway 15years ago) shes imagining people puking and falling around the streets during the day and lots of fights/rowdy drunks thronging the streets day and night! Obviously its expected that it would be busy but shes imagining it will be impossible to get into a pub/club or get a drink.........

Personally i just liked the idea of dressing up and incorporating the races in for something different, but i dont know if my other sisters thoughs are a reality or not so i would appreciate any advice/opinions from anyone with experience.

Also if we were to go a different weekend when races are not on, if anyone has any other idea of a great Friday evening activity instead of races i would be grateful for suggestions, (not cocktail making, done this)

If we are going to have the races incorporated i need to book asap as not much accommodation available

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The Races as part of the hen party sounds like a good idea.
    Try to get Ladies Day tickets

Last years Gardai have started keeping folks in check so you get much less of puking tourists now :)
    It's a great night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Excited!

Thanks very much.

I thought it was a good idea too! Something different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Ludikrus

You'll get a drink but you're unlikely to get a seat. Also very long queues for ladies toilets are commonplace in town at night on Ladies day. These are non issues for many who think it's all unbelievable craic. But if they're the kinds of things she means by 'uncomfortable' it might not be what she wants. Each to their own I suppose. She's lived in Galway so she will know what race week is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ggg16

It depends on whether the bride would like the idea of races madness. It'll be very busy but has a great atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,529 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Hey folks
    Heading to a stag next month just wondering what are the best pubs to Hit,
    Group of about 8 lads in the late 20's early 30s Just looking for a bit of crack and some decent looking ladies to look at :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Hey folks
    Group of about 8 lads in the late 20's early 30s Just looking for a bit of crack and some decent looking ladies to look at :)

La paradise club on domnick st has you covered

• Registered Users Posts: 20,529 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

empacher wrote: »
    Hey folks

La paradise club on domnick st has you covered
    haha not like that

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Hey folks

Most pubs in Galway are jointed come weekends - it's a disaster really... Back the west is your best bet but that may not cater for the ladies part..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Nova Bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rambler11

An pucan, o connells, the Skeff, taaffes, the dail, the quays, Monroes, roisin dubh, massimos...a few that would suit.
    Nova wouldn't be your best bet for a stag :).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement