Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stages/Hens thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Hey guys,

Sorry as I'm sure this has been posted numerous times before. I'm planning well ahead of time. I'm best man and planning Stag party in Sept/Oct. Just a few questions if you don't mind

Good Stag Pubs??
    Karting, Galway city karting,tuam rd, any good?
    I've heard pureskills in knocknacarra is decent, any reviews?

Or indeed, anyone had a stag in Galway and want to pass on some advice,

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Sticky on top of page for stags K.C:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged with sticky on top of page for stags K.C :D

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭superd1978

Guys im best man for stags in galway and hoping to arrange a few things to do.. has anyone any ideas they can recommend.. id be looking to arrange some things that dont cost an arm of a leg, as some lads going are not in the greatest financial position :)

any pubs clubs recommended as well would be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Where are ye coming from? Are ye driving or getting bus or train? Do ye want to do anything during the day.

• Advertisement

Hi.. Yes mainly during the day is my concern.. Will most likely find some decent pubs alright.. Any advise on activites much appreciated :)
    Coming from Dublin, on train btw..

There is a thread here you can read through. Most pubs will be along Shop street so easy to find, just off Eyre Sq (where train arrives at).

cheers guys :)

K.C wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Sorry as I'm sure this has been posted numerous times before. I'm planning well ahead of time. I'm best man and planning Stag party in Sept/Oct. Just a few questions if you don't mind

Good Stag Pubs??
    Karting, Galway city karting,tuam rd, any good?
    I've heard pureskills in knocknacarra is decent, any reviews?

Or indeed, anyone had a stag in Galway and want to pass on some advice,

Cheers

:)

Pureskill is good from what I hear.
    Don't know about the karting but hey it's karting, how bad can it be :D
    Stag pubs - Kings Head, Buskers, Front Door, Quays, all on the same street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

Hey all,

On organising duties for a stag later in the year. Wondering if there are any recommended hotels in the centre of town that would be ok with large groups? (15-20)

Looking for something a step up from dorms but ideally not extortionate. Have looked at Jury's, Vistoria and Spanish Arch already. Are these ok choices?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭fatlog

I stayed in Jurys and it was grand. Its central and takes three people to a room.
    There was close to 20 of us and residents bar stayed open until about 5 (I think!)

Jury's is a classic for stags and hens, there's usually lots of groups there, for better or for worse...

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

biko wrote: »
    Jury's is a classic for stags and hens, there's usually lots of groups there, for better or for worse...

Thanks very much,

Jury's it is so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Anyone know of any hotels or guesthouses which will cater for 15 people for a single Saturday night? We are looking at 29th September but a lot of the hotels are telling us minimum booking of two nights. Thanks.

Did you check Jury's mentioned above?
    Or try getting a whole dorm room in Kinlay House/Sleepzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

hi

with that unexpected hot thing in the sky can anyone recommend a good beer garden that will get some sun in the evening times please. in around the main city streets if possible.

Thanks

coco06 wrote: »
    hi

with that unexpected hot thing in the sky can anyone recommend a good beer garden that will get some sun in the evening times please. in around the main city streets if possible.

Thanks

The Jurys beer garden is probably the best for sun all evening. See you there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

No bar extensions in Galway in August it seems. The pubs all seem to have neglected to pay for them in advance. Closing time is 1am. Hotel residents will be OK.

Has anyone done pureskill and how long does it take? There will be 20-25 of us.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Mate did it and liked it. Takes aprox an hour and a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    No bar extensions in Galway in August it seems. The pubs all seem to have neglected to pay for them in advance.
    Just to clarify that it's due to a change in Garda policy not lack of advance payment for licenses. They've already paid and will be closed at 1.30am Sun-Thu and 2.30am Fri/Sat. There's another thread here if you want to read more about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

K.C wrote: »
    Has anyone done pureskill and how long does it take? There will be 20-25 of us.
    Some friends did it before heading out for a work party a while back. They said it was good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 colemantw

Ya, I did Pureskill it twice before with work and it's good craic alright. Will last about 1-1.5 hours but given it's a good gang of ye, it could go on to 2 hours or so.

On the more lazier side of a stag activity, there's always a boat cruise on the Corrib (bar on board :)) which worked out to be a gem when I organised a stag in Galway last year but it's very dependant on weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Tirnanoger

Going to Galway for a stag in September. I know most of the places in Galway fairly well and we would really like to go to the non-typical stag pubs like Murphy's, Neachtain's, O' Connell's etc etc - will we have any chance of getting in? There will be 10 or os of us and the stag may well be dressed up a little noticeably, or is it a total no-no to have a stag dressed up in any way if we want to go the usual non standard pubs. We are all a little on the old side - circa 40..... Any thoughts or suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Dressed up or not you won't get served in Neactains. Place is too small for a large group of people arriving together. Not sure about the others but Murphys probably is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Novice1

Hi all,

There's a group of us heading to Galway in November for a stag. We're staying in Forster Court and looking for ideas of what to do during the day.

Where are best pubs to go for day session, bit of Craic, and good nightclub.
    Is there activities to do up there like karting or something different that'll go down well.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CarolineMcCall

I would go with a friday night instead of sat. Had my sisters hen in galway last april. Did a cocktail making class and dinner in the house hotel and then went to the quays. It was a Saturday night so it was a bit busy for the older members of the group. Other than that brilliant!

Hi piscesgirl1, I jus saw on this thread that you were at a cocktail class in the house hotel in Galway before. It's my own hens next February and I was looking into having a cocktail mixing class there. Could you tell me honestly how it went? In particular I am conscious that the websites limits the cocktails to 2 per person. How strict are they on this?

All feed back would be a great help thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Hi all, I've organised a stag do for next weekend in Galway and I'm looking for a restaurant who'll cater for a group of 16-18 on Saturday evening. Any recommendations and associated info would be most helpful, thanks a million!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

scriba wrote: »
    Hi all, I've organised a stag do for next weekend in Galway and I'm looking for a restaurant who'll cater for a group of 16-18 on Saturday evening. Any recommendations and associated info would be most helpful, thanks a million!

Imperial Hotel on Eyre Square sorted our group out a few weeks ago, they have a deal steak and pint for €20. Was lovely food, not a great venue, just stay for food and then bail out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement