Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk X: The Long Hard Road to a Semi. MOD WARNING POSTS #1, #1474, #5707

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Gatland appears to have done us a favour and is peaking a weaker team this weekend.

About that Aussie accent Venjur...

FWIW, I think Schmidt's major weak spot is selection (Jean Kleyne, really?!). Will be interesting to see what changes he brings to the table for a match against what is likely to be Wales B.

For mine, hooker, the makeup of the backrow, the choice of inside centre, and some outside backs who can defend the wide channels would be under the microscope.

The only thing outside his control currently is injuries to the 2 Irish flyhalves capable of playing at the required level for RWC knockout rugby.

He is stuck with VDF as the only real option at 7, who is a damn fine rugby player, but doesn't bring the physical presence that neither POM or Stander seem to currently offer either. I'd probably be looking at the South African "Peter Steph du Toit" model, by shifting Henderson to 6, which should in theory also improve the lineout.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I'll eat my hat if Joe has announced a press conference to publically humiliate Rory Best.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

I'll eat my hat if Joe has announced a press conference to publically humiliate Rory Best.

What if it's Best's choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    What if it's Best's choice?

What if pigs fly?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Is there a live link to watch the conference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Maybe joe is leaving now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

The most likely outcome is Joe taking all the flak for the weekend's performance. Maybe he'll announce the next round of squad cuts.

Even if Best has been replaced as captain, I would imagine that won't be announced until the final squad comes out. Doing it now would be seen as blaming Best for Saturday and that's not Joe's style.

Zzippy wrote: »
    Is there a live link to watch the conference?

No idea.

I really don't think there is going to be any drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

No idea.

I really don't think there is going to be any drama except for John Hayes' recall.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

A lot of people are going to be very disappointed when sweet f**k all happens at this press conference

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I wonder what would happen if Ireland beat Wales by a record on Saturday.....does that mean we will win the WC?

Based on the reaction of a loss in preseason then a win should get an equal reaction the other direction

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭irelandrover

b.gud wrote: »
    A lot of people are going to be very disappointed when sweet f**k all happens at this press conference

Id say a lot of people will be absolutely delighted when nothing happens at this conference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

If I was Joe, just for the crack I would have rang Eddie O'Sullivan and got him to go into the press conf

Just like he would of in 2007, do an intro and talk about the 2007 squad, injury updates etc.....then when they normally ask for questions just shout "Deja Vu" and walk out

Schmidt announces the return of Simon Zebo who bursts into the room to Stone Cold Steve Austin's music.

The most likely outcome is Joe taking all the flak for the weekend's performance. Maybe he'll announce the next round of squad cuts.

Even if Best has been replaced as captain, I would imagine that won't be announced until the final squad comes out. Doing it now would be seen as blaming Best for Saturday and that's not Joe's style.

Agreed. The only way this ends up being something bigger is if Joe's hand has been forced by something.

For the most part it looks like he is taking extra media duties so the players can sort their **** out.

Schmidt announces the return of Simon Zebo who bursts into the room to Stone Cold Steve Austin's music.

Anything less and I'll be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

Id say a lot of people will be absolutely delighted when nothing happens at this conference

Very true, perhaps a better of way of phrasing what I was trying to say would be:

A lot of people are going to have a serious case of drama blue balls when sweet f**k all happens at this press conference

FFS. How GoT season 8.

All the buildup for no end product.

#JoeOut

• Advertisement

Carty or Byrne at 10 this weekend

We're gonna win the World Cup

Carty or Byrne at 10 this weekend

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

More drama in Fair City!

Big news. Haircut for Stockdale.

https://twitter.com/RuaidhriOC/status/1166293310748672008

Trying to own the loss. Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Nobody knows if the settled squad will make a difference

If they get dumped out in group then it will be a disaster....if they win the WC it will be a success and everyone will do it next time.....
    I think it's hard to call at this juncture, given how poor the opposition were. They do seem fitter, more focused and in control of things. I also reckon it's the pressure that will make or break them. As we know they've a few who can buckle and turn victories into defeats.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

I liked the explosion of flames, rock music and darkening of the room as Donnacha Ryan dressed as Kane entered the room too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Bealham is in this video

It wouldn't have been any harm to bring up Heffernan or Delahunt while there was a car heading that way.
    Big news. Haircut for Stockdale.
    Definite signs of the squad getting it's **** together.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement