Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk X: The Long Hard Road to a Semi. MOD WARNING POSTS #1, #1474, #5707

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    New captain would be interesting.

There's just no way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

There's just no way

It's very odd for Joe to volunteer to do media

Would be surprised if this is run of mill stuff

Scheduled for sometime between 1 and 2.

There's just no way

They can't bring him if he isn't playing.

The lineout wasn't solely his fault but he was very, very far off the pace.

Wonder if it's an early team announcement for weekend

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Whatsapp and Twitter hey?

Where's the beef?

• Advertisement

Agree completely, but to do this now would really reek of desperation. But maybe that's where we are at and a change of on-field leadership is the shake-up we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

POM captain

James Ryan and Furlong not experienced enough

Sexton, Rob or Murrey ???

Look this rumour is likely all bollocks but Best did look his age this year tbh

PTH2009 wrote: »
    POM captain

James Ryan and Furlong not experienced enough

Sexton, Rob or Murrey ???

Look this rumour is likely all bollocks but Best did look his age this year tbh

Sam Warburton 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭daddy pig

PTH2009 wrote: »
    POM captain

O'Mahony is playing even worse then Best

Agree completely, but to do this now would really reek of desperation. But maybe that's where we are at and a change of on-field leadership is the shake-up we need.

Desperation maybe but perhaps just pragmatism.

He has to pick a team to win a tournament. If Bests legs are gone then he's going to be dropped. Ruthless would probably more be the word.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,639 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

I was expecting a few players to be cut this week, assume the announcement is to clarify who is being left go and who is being retained and why.
    For example, he might release one of the backs, maybe Dave Kearney or Will Addison, and he might release one of the back rows, O’Donnell or Ruddock, and one of the hookers, maybe Herring.

I don’t believe any of the rumors that Carbery had screws put in or that Best isn’t travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Can you please not post links from that garbage clickbait site?

No. If a mod asks me I will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Rumour and might just be speculation.

Best being dropped, won't be travelling to Japan and replacement Captain being announced by Joe this afternoon.

Just doing the rounds on WhatsApp, no idea if accurate.

That's one way to kill any confidence left in the squad!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

errlloyd wrote: »
    England lost 36-0 in the pool stages of the world cup once.

They were arguably unlucky not to win the final.

I dont believe this is a good example. Remember Mike Catt and Dallagio hung Ashton out to dry afterwards.
    French turnaround after Tonga defeat in 2011 was also off the back of a player revolt.

Catt after that SA game
    We had no game-plan, no strike moves, nothing. We had done no meaningful analysis on South Africa, we went into the game with no direction, no shape and, consequently, no belief.
    It was the worst week I had known in international rugby.

When the meeting broke up, six of us got in a huddle to discuss strategy.
    From behind me, Brian said: "I can't believe I've got a team of players here who don't play with width."

I spun round on my heels and said: "Brian, you've got a team here who want to play with width but you're not coaching us to play with any. You need to coach the way you know how to."
    Between us we devised a playing system, though it was Olly Barkley who came up with pretty well all the moves. On the Monday we began practising what we had preached.By Wednesday, for what felt like the first time, there was a playing structure we could hang our hats on. Brian was a lot more involved, too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-490136/No-direction-tactics-belief-coach-state-confusion.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

From what I can see on Twitter, the rumours of Best being dropped seems to be people jumping to conclusions as to the reason why Joe is taking the media session himself, and nothing else really.

Any half decent journo seems to be of the opinion it's just Joe coming to address the defeat and nothing major, whereas rag pieces like the above are running all the clickbait they can get their hands on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

From what I can see on Twitter, the rumours of Best being dropped seems to be people jumping to conclusions as to the reason why Joe is taking the media session himself, and nothing else really.

Any half decent journo seems to be of the opinion it's just Joe coming to address the defeat and nothing major, whereas rag pieces like the above are running all the clickbait they can get their hands on.

So you're saying there's a chance :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,639 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

I was wondering if Rory scannell or Ultan Dillane might get a call up given the injuries at out-half and that our line-out was so poor and possibly Kleyn is likely to be cut next. Guess we’ll find out soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭daddy pig

Ultan Dillane might get a call up given that our line-out was so poor

Seriously? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I was wondering if Rory scannell or Ultan Dillane might get a call up given the injuries at out-half and that our line-out was so poor and possibly Kleyn is likely to be cut next. Guess we’ll find out soon enough.

We need to be reducing the squad numbers to get down to 31, not increasing them, so I very much doubt we'll add anyone to the squad outside of injury reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Unlikely, and I'm trying to think of all possibilities here, but maybe Best has withdrawn himself from the squad?

I still suspect it might be an injury update and bad news about Sexton.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

No. If a mod asks me I will.

Yeah. What Thomond said. Please.

;)

What time is the presser?

Zzippy wrote: »
    Yeah. What Thomond said. Please.

;)

Why? Is it in the forum charter?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭wittycynic

Really think the criticism of Kleyn is way overblown. 25 year old lock gets his second Irish cap against a rampant England in Twickers, amidst arguably the worst Irish collective performance of the professional era, and doesn't do well. Shocker.

He's a good player and should travel.

If last Saturday was everyone's second cap ye'd be calling time on the international careers of half the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

kuang1 wrote: »
    I still suspect it might be an injury update and bad news about Sexton.

That was my first thought when I heard about it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Why? Is it in the forum charter?

No. The smiley and the fact I wasn't typing in bold means it's not an official mod action. I just agree with him. The site is clickbait garbage.

Zzippy wrote: »
    No. The smiley and the fact I wasn't typing in bold means it's not an official mod action. I just agree with him. The site is clickbait garbage.

The site is garbage. But the Best personal appearance and the presser today is interesting timing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The site is garbage. But the Best personal appearance and the presser today is interesting timing

Which begs the question why you are willing to put money in their pocket by spreading a link around. They steal info, be it from social media or other publications. Their only original content is outrage bait columns. I know you are solid when it comes to giving credit to sites but think about it...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement