Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who would you rather have a pint with Nigel Farage or Jean-Claude Juncker?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

fxotoole wrote: »
    Nigel Farage, the kûnt. Purely so I could call him a künt to his face, and then glass him.
    Farage so I could poison it.
    Yeah, it was. A British media dominated by a small, unelected oligarchy of ultrarich Tories, and a political class which supports an unelected House of Lords, unelected Head of State....*further blathering ranting nonsense**
    gandalf wrote: »
    I'd have a pint with Juncker and I'd use the empty glass on Farage.......
    Farage so I could pour the two pints over him

Well if you can be judged by the company you keep....... definately Farage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Haha.. What's the next thing on talking sheet...this is hilarious.

You've posted the exact same response to me before... What's next on yours? Sure look at the roads they gave us for Christ's sakes...

I'll tell you what is hilarious though... The EU lecturing Maduro about democracy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

conorhal wrote: »

Apologists for crude toxic rubbish like that will try to tell you that, because 'it's AH, it's all light-hearted'.

But 'comedy failure', is the least of the objections to be made about it.

Really disgraceful comments, from sore losers who would love to have it in them to say, much less do those things face to face.

conorhal wrote: »

How apt.

• Advertisement

I'd be a remainer but people are acting as though Farage is this monstrous human being...

No, they're not so less of the dramatics. They're acting as if he's an opportunistic, lying toerag of a cúnt, and on that point they're 100% correct.

Aegir wrote: »
    49f7469e2062e9febf8693e04b318e9d?width=1024

That was original. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No, they're not so less of the dramatics. They're acting as if he's an opportunistic, lying toerag of a cúnt, and on that point they're 100% correct.
    No no, he's a monstrous human being. He barely only qualifies for the latter two words due to biology.

When someone spends their entire political life pushing a entire country towards economic suicide, getting paid for doing so, investing his assets in such a way that they are best placed to profit from the economic collapse, ensuring his children have economic protections that others don't, and completely fabricating everything that he says on the topic to ensure maximum damage, then there's not really any word too harsh for him. He is literally deliberately attempting to create misery, and then profit from that misery.

Farage and Piers "I hack dead children's voicemail for profit" Morgan are two of the vilest examples of modern human beings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

I feel inspired by the genial atmosphere on this thread to finally confess that I am.... pro-Brexit

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

How apt.

Ahhahahahahahhhh.....*

Really?

Oh, I learned a new word today, 'smugnorant'. It's perfect for the fart huffing europhiles, who manage to be both smug and ignorant all at the same time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Why are "be tolerant and open-minded" folk often so spiteful?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Farage. He is quite funny sometimes and that's the type of person you'd like to have in a pub situation. Plus, I'd like to know what he's 'really' like personally. You'd imagine he's not particularly PC about ppl but what I would like to know is he actually a horrible person deep down. I'm not saying I think he is but he's just so clever if he was he would be capable of hiding it. When he castigated UKIP for employing Tommy Robertson as an advisor I wasn't sure if he did this to make himself look good or if he genuinely meant it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

seamus wrote: »
    I bet you believe he's an alcoholic too.

Ah here.

Don’t tell me you’re innocent enough to believe his drunken antics are down to sciatica or whatever lame excuse they’ve given? Did sciatica make him put on two different shoes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Why are "be tolerant and open-minded" folk often so spiteful?

Farage's entire political career has been based on opportunism and fear-mongering. On what grounds should people, based on what they've seen of him over the last decade or so, 'tolerate' him? Should they retain an open mind, based on the idea that he might, some day, see the light and cease to be a terrible person?

Why the expectation that anyone should 'be tolerant and open-minded' about such a consistently malign figure?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Neither would be high on my list, but I'd say you'd have more craic with Farage!

Sure, provided you're not a foreigner.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Juncker most definitely...at least he'd be able to have a decent conversation that does NOT involve Brexit or the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

randd1 wrote: »
    Farage, no question.

While with Juncker you'd get the impression the night would end up with a bevvy of scantily clad call-girls in a hotel room, with Farage there's the possibility of someone really lamping him. That just about shades it for me.

8e0bb8a65366f03afcd7f90cafad633e.png

Aw, this is sweet (and one of the most read stories on The Irish Times today):

Irish woman explains why she wanted to kiss Jean-Claude Juncker

In line with Sophocles'/Longfellow's "Whom the gods would destroy they first make mad", we'll drive the Brexiteers over that cliff first with all these lovely pro-EU stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Juncker without a doubt.

Say what you want about Nige, at least he'd get his round in!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Nigel is barred from his local pub The Marquis of Granby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Nigel is barred from his local pub The Marquis of Granby.

I'm also barred.. I'd have to bring him to one of me own haunts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Aw, this is sweet (and one of the most read stories on The Irish Times today):

Irish woman explains why she wanted to kiss Jean-Claude Juncker

In line with Sophocles'/Longfellow's "Whom the gods would destroy they first make mad", we'll drive the Brexiteers over that cliff first with all these lovely pro-EU stories.

I’m sure the same woman would also be kissing the feet of the pope. Despite a lot of his paedo sorry priests carry ons within the Irish youth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭alloywheel

timthumbni wrote: »
    I’m sure the same woman would also be kissing the feet of the pope. Despite a lot of his paedo sorry priests carry ons within the Irish youth.

lol. One boss in Europe was great at saying there is a special place in hell for the democratic voters of the UK. It reminds me of another boss in Europe who refused to excommunicate Hitler from his flock, even though he said there was a special place in hell for a woman who had an abortion after being raped.

So I do not listen much to bosses in Europe any more, be they head of the EU or the Catholic Church.

alloywheel wrote: »
    lol. One boss in Europe was great at saying there is a special place in hell for the democratic voters of the UK. It reminds me of another boss in Europe who refused to excommunicate Hitler from his flock, even though he said there was a special place in hell for a woman who had an abortion after being raped.

So I do not listen much to bosses in Europe any more, be they head of the EU or the Catholic Church.

In all fairness, and I'm no personal defender of Tusk, that's nowhere even close to what he said or meant to say either figuratively or literally. All he said was if you want to leave then you should try and organise some sort of functioning exit plan before you go, not after. The wishes of the "democratic voters of the UK" (ie England and the sorry remains of what the English people think is their empire) are being respected. They want out, so they are getting out. No issue there. "Special place in Hell" is just a figure of speech and you're just being obtuse if you don't see it as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

alloywheel wrote: »

He didnt say that. He criticised Brexiteers that pushed Brexit without a plan, Gove, Farage Johnson et al, NOT voters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

"Special place in Hell" is just a figure of speech and you're just being obtuse if you don't see it as such.
    Ah it is a weirdly aggressive phrase still though. I think everyone knows it's a figure of speech but it's more like what you'd expect to be said about e.g. Ted Bundy. (I'd very much be a remainer btw).

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Juncker would be great craic and would probably have some cracking stories. Farage would be like getting stuck next to your racist oul pisshead uncle at a wedding.

Dy1gRU9WkAAU8NY.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Ah it is a weirdly aggressive phrase still though. I think everyone knows it's a figure of speech but it's more like what you'd expect to be said about e.g. Ted Bundy. (I'd very much be a remainer btw).

Its quite fitting given the context though. The British Governement is pushing a self destructive policy of ignorance and stupidity for no gain and doesnt seem to care about what damage it causes. It also seems to back the interests of malicious parties in willing to allow a crashout to happen and disregard all reason and logic.

The likes of Farage are a cancer of this existence who dont care how much damage they cause and hopefully they get their comeuppance for it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Wait did he say a special place in hell or a place in the special hell?

tumblr_meuofnhd5p1rq8ga2o1_400.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

peasant wrote: »
    Juncker most definitely...at least he'd be able to have a decent conversation that does NOT involve Brexit or the EU.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Juncker loves his EU and I'd foresee choppy waters, when the drink gets flowing. Farage would be good fun, I reckon. Neither would come close to Boris Yeltsin in the crazy stakes.

Advertisement