Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who would you rather have a pint with Nigel Farage or Jean-Claude Juncker?

Options
  • 06-02-2019 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Juncker without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Sorry, but I'm asking the questions around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Neither would be high on my list, but I'd say you'd have more craic with Farage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭randd1

Farage, no question.

While with Juncker you'd get the impression the night would end up with a bevvy of scantily clad call-girls in a hotel room, with Farage there's the possibility of someone really lamping him. That just about shades it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,285 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Farage has a face that is far too punchable. I'd be afraid to get within 20 feet of him so it has to be juncker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Farage - Junker looks like one of those sloppy drunks who would ruin your night and get you barred from your local.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Farage in a nightclub. Things would get interesting when it comes to paying the bill and leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭oLoonatic

I'd say farage is a secret session mot, i'd go with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭alloywheel

Farange would be the better of the 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Farage definitely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

Farage definitely would be better craic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Nigel Farage, the kûnt. Purely so I could call him a künt to his face, and then glass him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

fxotoole wrote: »
    Nigel Farage, the kûnt. Purely so I could call him a künt to his face, and then glass him.

What did he do to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Farage is a fiend for the gargle. He did lunch with the FT and the bill, for just lunchtime, was like several pints, wine and glasses of port. There was a lamb chop in there too.

He didn't come off as pissed in the interview either so I'd put him down as a high functioning alcoholic.

Allegedly Juncker's got his problems there too but I never read up on it.

I'd say either of them would be fairly insufferable. Coin toss if I had to choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    What did he do to you?

What didn’t he do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

There's plenty of Farage's in every pub in Ireland talking ****e while half cut at the bar. **** for brains, no education, but an expert in all fields because they read the mail and watch sky news 24/7. Lots of statements start with "I'm bringing racist but...".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Is this a trick question?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I would have said Farage, but after todays events, i want to go drinking with Donald Tusk.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

There's plenty of Farage's in every pub in Ireland talking ****e while half cut at the bar. **** for brains, no education, but an expert in all fields because they read the mail and watch sky news 24/7. Lots of statements start with "I'm bringing racist but...".

Plenty of Junckers too, but most of them are lying in the gutter outside the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Humphrey BoaGart

I think Juncker is more of a wine type guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Farage.
    Junker is a sneering fascist snob.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Juncker is an alcoholic so the night might get a bit crazy.

Think I'll stick to a pint of bitter with Nigel down at the Dog and Duck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Farage

Don't think I could listen to Juncker and his Europe is our future, diversity is our strength, not to mention some of the completely anti-democratic dribble that comes out of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭alloywheel

Infamous quotes from the nasty little EU Juncker:

On Greece's economic meltdown in 2011
    "When it becomes serious, you have to lie.

On EU monetary policy
    "I'm ready to be insulted as being insufficiently democratic, but I want to be serious ... I am for secret, dark debates"

On British calls for a referendum over Lisbon Treaty
    “Of course there will be transfers of sovereignty. But would I be intelligent to draw the attention of public opinion to this fact?,”

On French referendum over EU constitution
    “If it's a Yes, we will say 'on we go', and if it's a No we will say 'we continue’,”

On the introduction of the euro
    "We decide on something, leave it lying around, and wait and see what happens. If no one kicks up a fuss, because most people don't understand what has been decided, we continue step by step until there is no turning back."

On eurozone economic policy and democracy
    “We all know what to do, we just don't know how to get re-elected after we've done it”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/10967168/Jean-Claude-Junckers-most-outrageous-political-quotations.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Farage so I could poison it.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Get Real

I'm pro EU, (but not in a militant sense) and disagree with Farage's viewpoints.

However I respect him and would have no issue with having a few pints with him. I reckon I could get along with him, even though we disagree.

I reckon he'd be good for taking the piss out of but in a friendly sense. He could do same to me. Then hopefully we'd get on, forget politics, and have a savage night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Nigel Farage without a doubt.

I'd say he's way better craic than the other fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Farage.

I wouldn't go for a pint with Hitler for the same reasons I would not go for a pint with Juncker .

A madman that whats to rule Europe at any cost. The EU mask has slipped in the past few days.

Yeah, after today it has to be Donald Tusk. I especially liked his off-the-record quip to Varadkar to the effect that he was glad he was provoking John Bull.

Farage is just ugh. An obnoxious sub-intellect, tabloid newspaper editor escapee from the Jeremy Kyle show with a Goebbels streak and a neck that has got him to the top of the dung heap that is British jingoism.

Juncker still gets my admiration for his speech on the night of the Brexit result to the effect that "if your media and politicians have spent the past 40 years blaming the EU for everything bad and Britain for everything good about EU membership, this result is the inevitable consequence." Most accurate summary ever of what happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

JCJ we would bitch about idiot Brexiteers!

Advertisement