Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

First PUBG game I've ever enjoyed.
    On PS4

Very good !

Pick the medic and let everyone else do the killing.

I like that kills give low xp. You can have a successful game and get zero kills. I've won two games so far, latest one I got zero kills and zero damage but I revived two and respawned one. You can't say I didn't contribute and deserve the win.

I think Bangalore is the best support character. The heal bot isn't all the useful but the smoke grenades are great. Fire them on a down character and you can somewhat safely get them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I think Bangalore is the best support character. The heal bot isn't all the useful but the smoke grenades are great. Fire them on a down character and you can somewhat safely get them up.

Lifeline revives people in half the time, and throws up a sheild while doing so. Bangalore is an offensive character... :o

And speaking of her passive, her passive with the yellow backpack is insanely OP! Late game with a few Phoenixs and people will have a damn hard time killing you. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Came second just now, very close fight at the end. Clicking with Gibraltar right now so actually managing to get some kills and help out.

Had a surprising number of team mates who run off and go single player mode but when you get a close grouping is great.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Lifeline revives people in half the time, and throws up a sheild while doing so. Bangalore is an offensive character... :o

And speaking of her passive, her passive with the yellow backpack is insanely OP! Late game with a few Phoenixs and people will have a damn hard time killing you. :p

I wouldn't put much heed in those character labels. Apparently pathfinder is also a healer judging by the + symbol. Being completely hidden in smoke is still better than that shield and faster res times imo. You're still open to attack from 180 degrees and people can see you at range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I wouldn't put much heed in those character labels. Apparently pathfinder is also a healer judging by the + symbol. Being completely hidden in smoke is still better than that shield and faster res times imo. You're still open to attack from 180 degrees and people can see you at range.

Support*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Won two games on the trott last night with 2 boards players, was a good laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Won two games on the trott last night with 2 boards players, was a good laugh

What's the game like Raze? Good bit different than OW? i.e. fun?

Sight808 wrote: »
    What's the game like Raze? Good bit different than OW? i.e. fun?

yeah I dont get annoyed by dying to people in this, in overwatch your idiot teammates ruin any fun you have, as long as you have one decent teammate you have a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

First BR game I’ve loved instantly. Weapons feel great and combat is intense.

Only got it today. Played three solo games and won two and placed top 3 three times with friends.

Feels like a BR game that actually rewards good play and skill. Can see myself playing this a fair bit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Two games total played 2nd and 1st, players seem really bad on PC?
    Im putting it down to my uber hardware :P

Only two games played this is already the best BR ive played and im not mad about BR games.

Dcully wrote: »

Only two games played this is already the best BR ive played and im not mad about BR games.

I honestly think it's fortnight players just not used to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

I think the match making is good and the first few games puts into bad groups or first time players. My first game I got 2nd, now after a few hours I realize I'm not all that great

Playing ever since my earlier post 2 more wins and 3rd place and a few non placed games,
    Longest ive played a BR game since early days of PUBG :P
    EA is the massive elephant in the room however which does concern me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Getting top 3 is a lot easier in this game than say Fortnite. 1/20 against solo in a 100 player game. Think they will bump the player count up after more testing but honestly feels good with 60 players

Im actually downloading Titanfall 2 as im hearing apex has rejuvenated its player count on PC.
    Fantastic game that struggled with player count lately, might be a good time to reinstall it :)

KilOit wrote: »
    Getting top 3 is a lot easier in this game than say Fortnite. 1/20 against solo in a 100 player game. Think they will bump the player count up after more testing but honestly feels good with 60 players

I don't think they will. It feels the perfect size for the timing of the zone the map size fits as you never feel like you are too far from action but not always under pressure. I've played h1z1, pubg, fortnite and those type of games. I enjoy this by much more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Satta Massagana

Playing ever since my earlier post 2 more wins and 3rd place and a few non placed games,
    Longest ive played a BR game since early days of PUBG :P
    EA is the massive elephant in the room however which does concern me.

Im loving this game. Really getting into it. I would have easily bought it.
    EA could easily mess it all up so enjoy it while its pure like this.

Played for a while today and all of a sudden I'm getting team mates who wont group up and just go running off on their own.

This is why we cant have nice things >:-(

Was shooting a guy point blank range in the head, he just wouldn't die. Got killed by his teammate, go back into stats and it tells me I did zero damage?!

Taking ages to connect to a game and getting lots of games where I'm the only member in the squad. Could be it can't find any other players as equally shyte as me!

• Advertisement

Also I always go for the landing on the supply ship when I'm jumpmaster, but rarely survive landing on the supply ship :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

getting a lot of server issues today, anyone else?

getting a lot of server issues today, anyone else?
    Yeah it's a pain, packed it in for the day it's too frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Have too say I only played 4 matches won't get a chance to play again til Friday but I'm already wanting to play again. Really love this Game.

Like someone said previous I miss the wall running but great game considering it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

I'm really enjoying it, probably my favourite battle royale game. I think the different classes and abilities add a nice dynamic to it, while the map is interesting and not too big. The presentation is very slick, from the menu music, to the character selection screens and gives a nice Unreal Tournament vibe with the announcements in game.

My only gripes at the moment are server issues and crashes. The voice to text option causes a lot of crashes, but even with that off I've had a few crashes happen mid-game that froze my PS4 for about 5 mins. I've never had a PS4 game crash as much as this one.

I also fear this may suffer the same fate as the Titanfall games where the player-base just seemed to suddenly drop. I always felt it was due to lack of content, so hopefully they will be adding content regularly (I know they have a road-map outlined).

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

I wouldn't read too much into the Titanfall connection, it's there but I don't think will have much to do with the success or otherwise of the game.
    My fourteen year old daughter asked me to download it for her as all her friends are playing it now instead of Fortnite, she has never played and has no knowledge of Titanfall previously.

Respawn might just have got their timing and product just right here. The gunplay is far and away the best of the BR games. If they keep iterating and developing, and judging by one bunch of teenagers opinions... it could be "zeitgeisty" huge.

James74 wrote: »
    I wouldn't read too much into the Titanfall connection, it's there but I don't think will have much to do with the success or otherwise of the game.
    My fourteen year old daughter asked me to download it for her as all her friends are playing it now instead of Fortnite, she has never played and has no knowledge of Titanfall previously.

Respawn might just have got their timing and product just right here. The gunplay is far and away the best of the BR games. If they keep iterating and developing, and judging by one bunch of teenagers opinions... it could be "zeitgeisty" huge.
    There is one thing blocking it from being as huge as Fortnite and that's the Pegi rating 16. Fortnite is 12's but a lot of parents are ok to let younger kids play 12's, 16's not so much. That and also that child accounts (under 13) are physically blocked from the servers due to EA policy to outright block under 13's rather than put the effort in to implement child protection policies.

I honestly can't see this being as huge as Fortnite without all the kids on board. Even though a lot of kids will have been setup on adult accounts and will be allowed to play it, there will be enough to fragment friend groups and without all your friends on board groups of kids are less likely to get hooked like Fortnite.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

If it means no stupid dances making it into mainstream life, I'm all for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

After a huge number of 2nd and 3rd place finishes over the past few days I finally got a win. Partly because I was in a proper 3 man for the first time and we got lucky with the Jump.

Still convinced I am to old for these games now :D Its a great game though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Anyone on PS4 that wants to group up? None of my PS4 mates seem to be playing it.

Advertisement