Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apex Legends

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Glad you got sorted, best of luck.

Just off the back of a few hot drops that did not go well.
    An enemy Lifeline and I having a fistfight in a building covered in ammo but no guns. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭eggy81

You can fire your zip line at other players and drag them out of cover towards you too. As I found out while try to throw a grenade I picked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

They crafting metal / Legend points system thing needs an overhaul.
    Rarely have enough crafting metal to unlock anything, especially considering the highest Epics are 1200 metal.

Someone on Forbes bought $100 worth of boxes, and ended up with only 1600 metal, enough for 1 epic.

I Opened 100 'Apex Legends' Loot Boxes And What I Got Was Disappointing
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2019/02/06/i-opened-100-apex-legends-loot-boxes-and-what-i-got-was-disappointing/
    Here’s the full breakdown of what I got:

Weapon Skins (100): Common (24), Rare (66), Epic (8), Legendary (2)

Hero Skins (47): Common (5), Rare (35), Epic (4), Legendary (2)

Banner Poses (13): Rare (10), Epic (3)

Banner Frames (14): Common (3), Rare (9), Legendary (2)

Stat Trackers (25): Common (17), Rare (8)

Intro Quips (15): Common (10), Rare (5)

Kill Quips (30): Common (30)

Finishers (1): Legendary (1)

Crafting Materials (54): Common (39), Rare (11), Epic (4), Total ~1,600 materials

So, a few things to notice here. It’s not a huge total overall because unlike other games, you’re only getting three items per box, which is on the low side of loot boxes generally, which kinds of offsets the lack of dupes a bit since you’re just getting 25% less stuff overall.

We spent $100 on Apex Legends loot boxes, but you shouldn’t

https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/12/18220803/apex-legends-loot-box-economy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

It's only all cosmetics tho. So why bother buying any?

Wait for the season pass. No loot box system is ever any goods imo .

SeantheMan wrote: »
    They crafting metal / Legend points system thing needs an overhaul.
    Rarely have enough crafting metal to unlock anything, especially considering the highest Epics are 1200 metal.

Someone on Forbes bought $100 worth of boxes, and ended up with only 1600 metal, enough for 1 epic.

I Opened 100 'Apex Legends' Loot Boxes And What I Got Was Disappointing
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2019/02/06/i-opened-100-apex-legends-loot-boxes-and-what-i-got-was-disappointing/

We spent $100 on Apex Legends loot boxes, but you shouldn’t

https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/12/18220803/apex-legends-loot-box-economy
    Don't need a reporter to tell me that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I dont see what the big deal is, just play and unlock the cosmetics you like most. Gives you something to aim towards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Been a few levels now without a chest, do they stop entirely at level 50? :(:mad::confused:

EDIT: ah, every 5 levels after level 50 :(

killanena wrote: »
    I dont see what the big deal is, just play and unlock the cosmetics you like most. Gives you something to aim towards.

The problem. is you can't.
    Example.... I want a certain skin for a char or gun... Legendary is 1200 metal.
    .I get a loot box every 2nd level or something.... however I'm not even guaranteed any metal from that... and it's the only way to get metal.

Those people spent 100 dollars...which is 100 crates and only got 1600 metal.... which is only enough to buy 1 Legendary skin... execution or gun skin.

So how am I meant to get say 2 legendary skins that I want without ever payin any money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭fixXxer

.I get a loot box every 2nd level or something.... however I'm not even guaranteed any metal from that... and it's the only way to get metal.

Those people spent 100 dollars...which is 100 crates and only got 1600 metal.... which is only enough to buy 1 Legendary skin... execution or gun skin.

So how am I meant to get say 2 legendary skins that I want without ever payin any money?

You've just found the EA in the free game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Euripides_

Anyone looking for group on PC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Euripides_

It's out a week lol. If you could buy everything instantly people would also be complaining. Give it time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Euripides_ wrote: »
    Anyone looking for group on PC?

Get on discord: https://discord.gg/sfRsW2p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I cannot gel with this game. I'm trying to like it but I hate how the guns feel. Whenever I shoot it feels like I'm playing with a ping of 100+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Try changing your server location. The lads posted a helpful link there a few posts back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Try changing your server location. The lads posted a helpful link there a few posts back.

Nah, it's just the game. I'm coming from a lot of Overwatch and BF5. This just isn't doing it for me and it doesn't feel right. I'm also annoyed at playing with randomers. I prefer to play BR solo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I'm trying to like it but I hate how the guns feel. Whenever I shoot it feels like I'm playing with a ping of 100+

I dont agree. I think the guns and the gameplay is leaps and bounds ahead of PUBG, COD and Fortnite. This is for me the best BG game out at the moment. It comes alive in a squad. Have you tried to play it at all with a 3 man?

Euripides_ wrote: »
    It's out a week lol. If you could buy everything instantly people would also be complaining. Give it time :)
    How is time going to change it? Give it time and wait until you've spend 200, 500, 1000 on it and you might get enough crafting material to change the colour of your gun? It's EA's grubby little hands all over what is otherwise a fantastic game. It also has me quite worried as to how the game is going to be monetized. EA could very very likely screw this all up for Respawn. We will wait and see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

How is time going to change it? Give it time and wait until you've spend 200, 500, 1000 on it and you might get enough crafting material to change the colour of your gun? It's EA's grubby little hands all over what is otherwise a fantastic game. It also has me quite worried as to how the game is going to be monetized. EA could very very likely screw this all up for Respawn. We will wait and see...

Only characters will be ungettable in the packs. So only them need money or the 12k champion creds. I don't see the problem. Free to play game I'm OK with money for skins, if that's how you want to spend money fine it doesn't give you an advantage, in fact some of the skins are easier to see than others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The only things you pay for are cosmetic. The game is free and one of the best I've played in years. Find it laughable that people are giving out about EA. I'll happily buy the battle pass and still be playing a ridiculously cheap game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Find it laughable that people are giving out about EA

Why is that ?

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Why is that ?

Erm, read the rest of my post? Giving out about EA for the sake of it when you could quite easily play this game for free with no disadvantage is ridiculous.

Do you mean EA in general or just in terms of apex?

Ofcourse people cant complain about them re Apex YET !
    But in general they deserve every bit of **** thrown at them and more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Whats the story with the lttle stat cards that pop up before a match - sometimes it'll show the number of kills I got in the last match, other times its zero? and then there are other lads whose kills are up and around 2 or 3 hundred?

Whats the story with the lttle stat cards that pop up before a match - sometimes it'll show the number of kills I got in the last match, other times its zero? and then there are other lads whose kills are up and around 2 or 3 hundred?

It is the amount of kills with THAT character. If you change characters in the next match and have zero kills with them, it will show as zero. If you go back to the other character it will show the kills with that character.

ZiabR wrote: »
    It is the amount of kills with THAT character. If you change characters in the next match and have zero kills with them, it will show as zero. If you go back to the other character it will show the kills with that character.

Ah that explains it, cheers

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Finally got a win last night after a very enjoyable round with plenty of action. Learned that the Devotion LMG pisses through its ammo way too quickly, so probably won't bother with that again :D Have started to use my "Q" ability a lot more no matter who I'm playing as (mostly alternating between Bangalore and Lifeline) and I'm much more comfortable with the mechanics now. I've had a really busy last week or so, so I've not been able to give it the time I want and I just bought the Civ VI expansion, so who knows where I'm gonna find the time? :D

I got my first win last night too. I'm only rank 9, 2 people on my team were rank 20+. I was playing life line.

Throughout the game they had about 6 kills between them, I had 1 kill but at the end. Final 3 squads remaining, 1 squady got killed outright, another one got downed. I managed to kill 2 solo, get my team mate up, heal him and we went on to kill the final 3 just the 2 of us. I was shaking after it haha 

Wingman and R-99 are my favourite weapons so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Shiminay wrote: »
    Finally got a win last night after a very enjoyable round with plenty of action. Learned that the Devotion LMG pisses through its ammo way too quickly, so probably won't bother with that again :D Have started to use my "Q" ability a lot more no matter who I'm playing as (mostly alternating between Bangalore and Lifeline) and I'm much more comfortable with the mechanics now. I've had a really busy last week or so, so I've not been able to give it the time I want and I just bought the Civ VI expansion, so who knows where I'm gonna find the time? :D

Yeah the devotion is great, but the energy ammo is too sparse, majority of the time you're just scrounging for ammo. Check out the spitfire as an alternative, similar gun but only requires heavy ammo, which is easy to come by :)

Anyone else on PS4 here ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No intention of buying anything (I've seen more imagination and creativity in Microsoft clip-art) but this is a skeezy way to price things...

orq2vifr2gg21.png

Resubbed to origin access premier for a month to check out Anthem and got free legendary weapon skin and 1k credits for Apex Legends , better than a kick in the arse :)

Dcully wrote:
    Resubbed to origin access premier for a month to check out Anthem and got free legendary weapon skin and 1k credits for Apex Legends , better than a kick in the arse

I got the same, used the 1k credits to buy 10 packs. Got some nice skins out of them :)

It's kills per character. At end of a game it shows you how many kills in that game, otherwise it's your total count for that character.

Yes, some guys are in the hundreds :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I find I'm getting ambushed a lot. What's people tactics for moving around? Just run from in door to indoor as fast as possible? Skulk around cover slowly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

fixxxer wrote: »
    I find I'm getting ambushed a lot. What's people tactics for moving around? Just run from in door to indoor as fast as possible? Skulk around cover slowly?

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c65850b4b2f6d3363c24ec7

• Advertisement

You need to be aware of things like where other teams are likely to drop, how you're entering the circle etc. If you're moving towards the circle, is there likely to be a team moving in from your left/right/behind you? Can figure this out based on where other named locations are. If there's a named location beside you and only 2 paths to the circle, you know that whatever team survived that location should be coming from that direction. If you've just been in a gunfight, another team will most likely have heard it and will be looking to clean you up after so you'll need to be ready for that. Similarly if you hear a gunfight, its not necessarily good to get instantly involved, maybe wait til you see people go down or wait until its finished to clean the surviving team up!

Other things like blue loot drops/medic loot drops coming in are likely to draw teams to areas at certain times.

All about map awareness and trying to predict where people are likely to be moving.

You also need to remember that if any of them are the tracker guy, they can see you coming :)

This is a game that allows for some very swank and fast movement, so I find that's your best bet - keep moving and making use of the slide to get speed boosts as you do it.

use the russian Kadochnikov system
    https://coub.com/view/19r063

Just had a win there and you couldnt script it lol.
    So we downed a squad and after looting boxes i encountered a bug where i couldnt move apart from crawl speed, it was as if the guy i revived transfered his crawl speed to me but i could still shoot and use abilities etc.
    4 squads left we proceeded toward the final circle.
    Luckily despite our squad taking fire they ignored me and focused on the able bodies guys , on i limp into a building practically un-noticed, tho teams left the guys outside rush, they thought we were only 2 strong but there was I in the corner to finish their last two of as they were sure they had won when they downed me 2 standing buddies :)
    I couldnt stop laughing as we said previously when i got the bug "imagine if we won this" , moral of the story is everyone is looking for fast moving bodies and not the ones they think are downed :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got a sprint bug a few times, it's weird as it's like you've got low FPS but only when trying to sprint as you move normally when walking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Couldn't sleep last night and watching youtubers on this. First watched "Is Dizzy better than Shroud" seriously impressive, at one point he was engaged in a 1v3 while trying to keep his downed team mate alive. He more or less won the game solo, the movement and the awareness is just another level.

Then watched "Shroud's best game #2", which was equally impressive.

One of the (many) things that sets these guys apart is the decision making. They immediately know who to focus ion. I haven't played this but typically when I stumble upon multiple enemies, more often than not I'll evenly distribute bullets between them all. The ability not to panic must be a great skill to possess.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Couldn't sleep last night and watching youtubers on this. First watched "Is Dizzy better than Shroud" seriously impressive, at one point he was engaged in a 1v3 while trying to keep his downed team mate alive. He more or less won the game solo, the movement and the awareness is just another level.

Then watched "Shroud's best game #2", which was equally impressive.

One of the (many) things that sets these guys apart is the decision making. They immediately know who to focus ion. I haven't played this but typically when I stumble upon multiple enemies, more often than not I'll evenly distribute bullets between them all. The ability not to panic must be a great skill to possess.

A lot of the time, it seems like their enemies are absolutely hopeless, they seem to get ample time to back off and heal or reload. I know the lads I seem to come up against have no qualms about chasing me down and killing me at the first sign of weakness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

aye maybe it's just heavy editing :)

A lot of the time, it seems like their enemies are absolutely hopeless, they seem to get ample time to back off and heal or reload. I know the lads I seem to come up against have no qualms about chasing me down and killing me at the first sign of weakness.

That's because its easier to follow the smell of a dirty nappy when you sh*t yourself in the middle of a fire fight, when you realise you have no med kits or ammo left :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Haven't played an online game properly in about 5 years.

So I started my first match, landed, and realised I have zero weapons on me. The other two lads that were with me had weapons on them.

Am I missing something? Why did I start the game with no weapons?

I am sooo confused and such a noob. Everything I learned playing online games the last 15 years is just gone on me.

Everyone spawns with no weapons or gear, its a race to find weapons and gear more than anything else in BR games.
    There are different loot tier areas you can drop to and an airship, its high risk high reward concept in full flow here :)
    Gear you find is tiered in rarity/quality.
    White/Blue/Purple/Gold white being the weakest Gold being the strongest.
    Weapons you find use different ammo types.
    Heavy/Light/Shotgun/Energy [could be more but thats off the top of my head]
    You will also find attachments or mods for these weapons that improve the weapons handling and damage in the case of the wingman pistol mod the skull splitter for example.
    You also find items to regenerate health and shield capacity.

Hope that helps atleast a small bit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Dcully wrote: »
    Everyone spawns with no weapons or gear, its a race to find weapons and gear more than anything else in BR games.
    There are different loot tier areas you can drop to and an airship, its high risk high reward concept in full flow here :)
    Gear you find is tiered in rarity/quality.
    White/Blue/Purple/Gold white being the weakest Gold being the strongest.
    Weapons you find use different ammo types.
    Heavy/Light/Shotgun/Energy [could be more but thats off the top of my head]
    You will also find attachments or mods for these weapons that improve the weapons handling and damage in the case of the wingman pistol mod the skull splitter for example.

Hope that helps atleast a small bit :)

Ah jesus ridin' christ that sounds way more complicated than it should be :pac: I'll give it another go over the weekend but if it doesn't stick I'll probably just delete it.

I just can't do online games nowadays. I prefer the old system where it was TDM on COD, Conquest on Battlefield and Warzone on Gears.

Never played a BR game before - this would be my first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Played a really enjoyable game with a guy who had a significant kill count and XP level who I learned several useful tips and tricks from and who I'd managed to revive early after he got ganked when we landed. Took 2 of the opposition team down with melee after he'd softened them up and then revived him so he was a happy camper and then later on when I lagged behind as he and our other team mate were running towards the circle and I got caught by a squad of 2, he went way out of his way to go back and get my banner to revive me which was really cool of him as he had to run through the circle to get away from the 2 who had got me (he had our other squaddie's banner with him too). I said to him that it was grand, I'd bow out and he said "naw mate, fuk it, I'll get you, you got me at the start" :D We ended up third after running headlong into a well dug in team and trading shots with them whilst the other team flanked us and cut us down from behind.

A fun experience and a rarity in random public internet games, but a core part of the game's mechanics and so all the more rewarding for it I feel. The people in Respawn are really a lot more on the ball than people might first have realised :)

Not sure what I dislike more, metal itself or the facial expression that go hand in hand with it :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement