Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Jmk725

DamoNolan wrote: »
    How long did people wait to get the final acceptance letter after the second meeting.im with fingal.Been 3 weeks now.

I never even had a meeting.
    Did everything through email, post and phone.
    I had to wait a month though to get approval.
    Best thing is to contact them and ask them when it will be decided, get it in writing also, that way you have proof of what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DamoNolan

Jmk725 wrote: »
    I never even had a meeting.
    Did everything through email, post and phone.
    I had to wait a month though to get approval.
    Best thing is to contact them and ask them when it will be decided, get it in writing also, that way you have proof of what they say.

We had a final meeting where they went thru everything and then it would be signed off and a final letter of acceptance would be posted out and we would have to sign it and send it back.i this k the next stage after that is that its passed to there solicitors..I think that's what she said.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lococo

Hi all just wondering if people are successful with approval and find a house.. how long before mortgage was released? also some coco funding has frozen. Is there an up to date with funding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭trudy2222

Hi all, has anyone been approved on probation?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

https://www.thejournal.ie/rebuilding-ireland-south-dublin-4628664-May2019/

I missed this in the news from Friday. Does that mean the rest of the councils will be receiving top up funds too?

• Advertisement

lococo wrote: »
    Hi all just wondering if people are successful with approval and find a house.. how long before mortgage was released? also some coco funding has frozen. Is there an up to date with funding?

Requesting funds this week, will let you know how I get on. Monaghan Co. Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bakerie

What's going on with these news articles? It appears as if the local authorities are sick of waiting for government funding and are raising the funds themselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Curlysue2

Hi all, has anyone ever had any luck ringing their CoCo looking for an update or was it the case of just wait for the letters in the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jonny_b1

Curlysue2 wrote: »
    Hi all, has anyone ever had any luck ringing their CoCo looking for an update or was it the case of just wait for the letters in the post?
    Yup,only just rang today requesting an update on their engineers report. Very helpful. Have also had email correspondence too.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Quinnciara

Good afternoon everyone. Our sale just closed today on our house and the keys were released to us.
    To brief up my experience, we applied for rebuild Ireland in November after having countless ridiculous bank offers. We applied to Dublin City Council. Heard back mid January after after about 8 weeks. We then went sale agreed in February and although it seemed like we were always waiting for something, the council my solicitor and my agent were always on hand to help. We signed contracts 5 weeks ago and our solicitor received the cheque last Wednesday and the sale closed today.
    Exciting times ahead. Good luck to everyone in their journey and I really felt this thread was more than helpful

• Advertisement

Quinnciara wrote: »
    Good afternoon everyone. Our sale just closed today on our house and the keys were released to us.
    To brief up my experience, we applied for rebuild Ireland in November after having countless ridiculous bank offers. We applied to Dublin City Council. Heard back mid January after after about 8 weeks. We then went sale agreed in February and although it seemed like we were always waiting for something, the council my solicitor and my agent were always on hand to help. We signed contracts 5 weeks ago and our solicitor received the cheque last Wednesday and the sale closed today.
    Exciting times ahead. Good luck to everyone in their journey and I really felt this thread was more than helpful

Congrats on finally getting it all completed and keys being received.
    Currently requesting funds myself and expect to have keys within next 2 weeks.
    Its been a long journey, going back to July 2018, and I will be glad to have it all done.

Currently 5 weeks into waiting for approval and I’m extremely nervous so it’s good to hear positive outcomes!!

Currently 5 weeks into waiting for approval and I’m extremely nervous so it’s good to hear positive outcomes!!

Is that 5 weeks waiting for final approval..which council are you with??

Is that 5 weeks waiting for final approval..which council are you with??

No we’re way back at the start just looking to be approved for the loan. We had originally applied in January but I changed jobs so that meant starting the process all over again!

We’re with Fingal, rang today and they said the application is still with the underwriters so they can’t say how long it will be.

No we’re way back at the start just looking to be approved for the loan. We had originally applied in January but I changed jobs so that meant starting the process all over again!

We’re with Fingal, rang today and they said the application is still with the underwriters so they can’t say how long it will be.

Ah right I'm waiting for final approval taking longer than I taught it would but so did most of the process so far.my application was rejected 1st time but then I appealed and got approved took about 8 weeks.im also with fingal.i find there quite quick to answer any questions you may have.hopefully you get good news soon.

Ah right I'm waiting for final approval taking longer than I taught it would but so did most of the process so far.my application was rejected 1st time but then I appealed and got approved took about 8 weeks.im also with fingal.i find there quite quick to answer any questions you may have.hopefully you get good news soon.

Do you mind if I ask why you were rejected initially? Great to see that you got a successful appeal, I’d imagine it was quite stressful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Milenauno

Really? We are waiting for approval as well and my husband changed job. Do you think we have to start all over again even if has no probation?

Do you mind if I ask why you were rejected initially? Great to see that you got a successful appeal, I’d imagine it was quite stressful.

They rejected it on the basis of unstatisfactory savings record and source of equity..I rang them and they said they need more information which I provided and then got an offer.Yes was stressful waiting to know the answer after that but thankfully was good news and now getting towards the end it's just a slow process.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bakerie

What counts as an unstatisfactory saving record? You have me worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Evenstevens

Quinnciara wrote: »

Good news. I just handed in all my Form 3 stuff yesterday so hoping it goes smoothly from here on in but I'll assume it won't. I applied in October. Was approved end of November but didn't find anywhere until early April so it'll be a long enough process I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 JessC1987

Hi All,

Myself and partner submitted our application in person to DCC on the 17th April. I called them yesterday (4 weeks after submitting) and was advised that we have been approved by the underwriters. The guy said he had no idea when our application might go on to the Credit Committee and couldn't say how long until we would be officially approved. Has anyone applied early on this year with DCC and got fully approved?

JessC1987 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Myself and partner submitted our application in person to DCC on the 17th April. I called them yesterday (4 weeks after submitting) and was advised that we have been approved by the underwriters. The guy said he had no idea when our application might go on to the Credit Committee and couldn't say how long until we would be officially approved. Has anyone applied early on this year with DCC and got fully approved?

We applied on the 07/03 to DCC and got our approval package on the 24/04.

Oh ok, that was pretty good going. Here's hoping we hear back just as quick. Thanks so much for your reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

JessC1987 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I might be wrong on my timings, but you applied after the funding has supposedly dried up? Are taking applications all the way to the point of approvals, and then leaving them there until/if, they get more funding?

givyjoe wrote: »
    I might be wrong on my timings, but you applied after the funding has supposedly dried up? Are taking applications all the way to the point of approvals, and then leaving them there until/if, they get more funding?

That's what I am wondering. I questioned the funding the day we applied and the guy in DCC said all applications are being processed as normal (this was on the 17th April, after the funds had dried up). I'm really hoping that they won't leave us hanging and that funding is sorted ASAP! I was fairly shocked when he had told me yesterday that our application was approved by underwriters I was half expecting to be told that it was still with them.

We called FCC yesterday and our file is still with the underwriters. This will be our 5th week, fingers crossed no news is good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Does ne1 know?

We had a meeting Mid Feb with GCC and it was to go to Dublin for 4-8 weeks for credit check etc. and we still haven't heard anything back, probably not a good sign if people are hearing back from their councils with approval within a month...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jasik01

We had a meeting Mid Feb with GCC and it was to go to Dublin for 4-8 weeks for credit check etc. and we still haven't heard anything back, probably not a good sign if people are hearing back from their councils with approval within a month...

We applied for this in mid Feb with Louth CoCo , 25.04 we got a letter saying that "council has not received confirmation in relation to the allocation of funding for the 2019 RIL applications. Your application is on hold"
    How people are getting approval if there is no money yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Maurice Yeltsin

Something I wondered when I saw that Roscommon had secured more funding for their scheme.

Why are the government giving this scheme to people living in low price counties?

Three and four beds in Athlone and Carrick on Shannon start around the 100k mark.

It's essentially impossible for even a low wage couple in these areas not to qualify for a bank mortgage. 10 grand deposit plus 30k combined income- a minimum wage earner and his part time worker spouse can qualify. Why is the government distributing funds in rural areas needed more by buyers in high price areas?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Something I wondered when I saw that Roscommon had secured more funding for their scheme.

Why are the government giving this scheme to people living in low price counties?

Three and four beds in Athlone and Carrick on Shannon start around the 100k mark.

It's essentially impossible for even a low wage couple in these areas not to qualify for a bank mortgage. 10 grand deposit plus 30k combined income- a minimum wage earner and his part time worker spouse can qualify. Why is the government distributing funds in rural areas needed more by buyers in high price areas?

The backlash from rural TDs and Councillors would be the main reason tbh. Everyone has to have a piece of the pie.

Advertisement