Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Jmk725

swalsh86 wrote: »
    We never received a pack with our letter. Just a valuation report to get filled out. They said in the letter we need to get an engineers report, drains report and valuation report as well as up to date bank statements and payslips. Wonder why we never got sent out a pack.

Contact them and get them to send you a letter/email detailing exactly what you need to send them and if they have any forms that they need for you to fill out.
    I had 2 forms and numerous letters from GP, employer, valuation, engineers report, bank statements, payslips, mortgage agreement, DD Mandate, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Evenstevens

We never received a pack with our letter. Just a valuation report to get filled out. They said in the letter we need to get an engineers report, drains report and valuation report as well as up to date bank statements and payslips. Wonder why we never got sent out a pack.

I'm with DCC but knowing councils they probably all have their own ways of administering the scheme and all do it differently! Best thing is just to ring them and advise you've gone sale agreed and where should you go from here. I had to get a letter from work to state haven't been sick for more than 3 weeks, same from GP, survey, valuation survey, bank statements etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bakerie

Now that the central bank have given their blessing, what are we waiting on now for this scheme to start up again? Whose court is the ball in now?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

bakerie wrote: »
    Now that the central bank have given their blessing, what are we waiting on now for this scheme to start up again? Whose court is the ball in now?

Dept of Public Expenditure & Reform, I suspect. If you were cynically minded, you could surmise that the govt are stalling it until nearer the local elections to give their candidates a boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bakerie

Dept of Public Expenditure & Reform, I suspect. If you were cynically minded, you could surmise that the govt are stalling it until nearer the local elections to give their candidates a boost.

What would the reason be? That they are going to cancel it and don't want negativity around the elections?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

It's very unlikely to be cancelled - it's a good scheme for the govt and not that expensive as a housing support - it's not like they're dumping money into something that's never to be seen again. Its possible they're leaving the announcement of further funding to nearer the election day to try to boost positivity around FG. The wisdom of that can be debated if it's actually the case. The many many people left in limbo for months may not appreciate the wait :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shaun__90

Hi, I've currently sent off my joint application, in my main job i am earning €28,000 not including overtime which brings me up to around €35,000, I also am a retained fire fighter and i'm averaging €30,000 a year but i'm only guaranteed €11,000 (retainer) a year as the rest is made up from call outs (averaged based on my last 3 p60s). Does anyone know do they average out your p60s/payslips or is it calculated only on guaranteed income? i also have the 10% deposit saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shaun__90

Hi, I've currently sent off my joint application, in my main job i am earning €28,000 not including overtime which brings me up to around €35,000, I also am a retained fire fighter and i'm averaging €30,000 a year but i'm only guaranteed €11,000 (retainer) a year as the rest is made up from call outs (averaged based on my last 3 p60s). Does anyone know do they average out your p60s/payslips or is it calculated only on guaranteed income? i also have the 10% deposit saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭elizunia87

Hi Everyone,

I have a question, might sound silly. For the Rebuilding Ireland, once we meet the criteria for the scheme, do we get help? Of course if there is still budget within co. Can we be excluded for any other reason?

Can someone tell me how is the situation in Dublin 8/ 12 with bids with the houses less than 300k? We are interested only in this area and we do not know how many people is looking for the houses in this part of the city

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 13 delboy08

hi All

Iv gone sale agreed today. Im with DCC. Can anyone recommend who i can get for a valuation report and an engineers survive? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 swalsh86

Hey folks i've got a drain report and engineers report sorted but need a valuation report as well. Rang around various places and they couldn't do it as they said they weren't on the council list???

Hey folks i've got a drain report and engineers report sorted but need a valuation report as well. Rang around various places and they couldn't do it as they said they weren't on the council list???

What council are you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Quinnciara

delboy08 wrote: »
    hi All

Iv gone sale agreed today. Im with DCC. Can anyone recommend who i can get for a valuation report and an engineers survive? Thanks

Hi, try your estate agent and ask him for recommendations that he might no of. That's what I did, he pretty much sorted it for me

How are people's applications going now. My cheque has been sent out should be with my solicitor tomorrow, wondering how long until I've to wait now until my keys.

Quinnciara wrote: »
    Hi, try your estate agent and ask him for recommendations that he might no of. That's what I did, he pretty much sorted it for me
    Thanks. ill give that a go. great to hear your at the end line. are you with DCC?

delboy08 wrote: »
    Thanks. ill give that a go. great to hear your at the end line. are you with DCC?

Yeah do, they always have experienced people on hand to do it. My agent got me his friend who is actually retired now so I can't recommend him. Yeah I'm with Dublin CC it was a long journey to be fair, applied November sale agreed Feb, signed contracts about 5 weeks ago and about 500 hurdles inbeteeen hoping to have the keys in the next few days. May I ask what estate agent you are buying from? Did they have any issue with it been a rebuild Ireland loan?

Yeah do, they always have experienced people on hand to do it. My agent got me his friend who is actually retired now so I can't recommend him. Yeah I'm with Dublin CC it was a long journey to be fair, applied November sale agreed Feb, signed contracts about 5 weeks ago and about 500 hurdles inbeteeen hoping to have the keys in the next few days. May I ask what estate agent you are buying from? Did they have any issue with it been a rebuild Ireland loan?

Flynn. No actually. What i done was offered my amount, told them Im first time buyer and ready to go. he got back to me then to tell me my offer was accepted and to send over my approval letter. which he sent on to the vendor. the next day (sleepless night) he got back to me and said the vendor is happy so i can send on the booking deposit. Now before he could get them words out i had that sent over.
    Im not just getting surveyors, medical reports, bank statements, ready. ect.
    Did you have to have proof of funds for solicitors aswell?

Sounds like you're almost there. I'm hoping to go back to DCC with all the Form 3 docs. Have had a nightmare trying to get access to get surveys done but finally got them. Did you have a lot of issues after you handed back all the Form 3 stuff?

Im getting a building report done. iv just noticed there about €650. I taught this is very expensive. anyone get a cheaper price for DCC? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 swalsh86

What council are you with?

Cork City Council.

• Advertisement

Cork City Council.

I'm with DCC and they don't appear to have a set list of valuers, at least I hope not. I just approached an estate agent who does valuations and they were happy to do it. Not all estate agents appear to offer that service though.

Sounds like you're almost there. I'm hoping to go back to DCC with all the Form 3 docs. Have had a nightmare trying to get access to get surveys done but finally got them. Did you have a lot of issues after you handed back all the Form 3 stuff?

Yeah hopefully nearly there the cheque was lodged today so fingers crossed the stress is over. Take copys of everything you are given to them. And keep on them to make sure you sent everything in correctly we had to sign the mortgage protection form 4 times and make sure you send your draft family declaration form in to them and just make sure your solicitor is reliable that's so important. Feel free to message me anytime if you have questions it's so stressful so it's nice to have support

Yeah hopefully nearly there the cheque was lodged today so fingers crossed the stress is over. Take copys of everything you are given to them. And keep on them to make sure you sent everything in correctly we had to sign the mortgage protection form 4 times and make sure you send your draft family declaration form in to them and just make sure your solicitor is reliable that's so important. Feel free to message me anytime if you have questions it's so stressful so it's nice to have support

Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dob6487

Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone applied for the rebuilding Ireland home loan. I'm in the process of putting in an application. I have a question regarding proof of rent. I am renting for the last 9 months but was paying rent in cash until a few weeks ago. Is there anything I can do or will it be a problem when submitting the application?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Dob6487 I have merged your question with the existing thread on the subject.

Dob6487 wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone applied for the rebuilding Ireland home loan. I'm in the process of putting in an application. I have a question regarding proof of rent. I am renting for the last 9 months but was paying rent in cash until a few weeks ago. Is there anything I can do or will it be a problem when submitting the application?

You should be able to provide a copy of your rent book to show the payments made for rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dob6487

Jmk725 wrote: »
    You should be able to provide a copy of your rent book to show the payments made for rent.

The problem is I don't actually have a rent book.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 harmarsuperstar

I would create a rent book in that case.

Buy one, fill it in and get your landlord to sign it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DamoNolan

How long did people wait to get the final acceptance letter after the second meeting.im with fingal.Been 3 weeks now and I'm still waiting.

Advertisement