Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Ukelele! wrote: »
    I did. My application was denied and they gave the reasons why they were denying it. And i just sent them a letter and evidence showing that their argument basically made no sense, and about 4 weeks later, I got a letter to say my appeal was successful

Thanks for the quick reply Ukelele, glad to hear that it worked out for you. Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Jmk725

sarah88 wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully appealed a decision? I'm going through this at the moment and wondering how long it usually takes. Thanks in advance.

Same as above. Once you appeal it they have to respond within 4 weeks.
    I was originally denied, appealed and won.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Emma237

Hi I'm a planning to make a single application this month. I'm a primary school teacher and each month pay approximately 220 euro towards pensions, voluntarily avcs, salary protection etc this makes my monthly take home pay much lower than my salary. Would this be taken into account during the application or should I reduce some of my voluntary payments? I'm worried that these payments will influence the affordability check.
    Any advice would be appreciated,
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bakerie

Hi,

Does anyone know what's happening with this scheme?

I seen that the central bank said everything with the scheme looked good and they would be happy to keep it going, but nothing seems to have happened since then.

I went to apply to the local coco and was told that they could take the application but none are being processed as they are waiting for word from above.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Quinnciara

Everything set in stone with the vendors and solicitors since last week , my solicitor requested the cheque last Monday and I sent over insurance details and I've emailed every day aswel as called and still no update from DCC . So frustrating that they can't just give you an update. Supposed to close today then it was moved to next Wednesday now I don't know when it will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 bubbles46

Quinnciara wrote: »
    Everything set in stone with the vendors and solicitors since last week , my solicitor requested the cheque last Monday and I sent over insurance details and I've emailed every day aswel as called and still no update from DCC . So frustrating that they can't just give you an update. Supposed to close today then it was moved to next Wednesday now I don't know when it will be.
    Similar to me,CoCo solicitor advised that they can drawdown the money last Friday. My file was sent to the finance Dept. this week and they say that cheque should be ready by next Friday,hoping to get the keys the week after that. My solicitor seems confident of that anyway. Its a long process but we're almost there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Emma237

bakerie wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know what's happening with this scheme?

I seen that the central bank said everything with the scheme looked good and they would be happy to keep it going, but nothing seems to have happened since then.

I went to apply to the local coco and was told that they could take the application but none are being processed as they are waiting for word from above.

I'd love to know this too. What council did you apply to? I'm planning to apply to Kildare. I would love to know if anyone has got approval since all the fuss in February and March??

Hopefully they will provide funding...best of luck with your application!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭swarmberg

Emma237 wrote: »
    I'd love to know this too. What council did you apply to? I'm planning to apply to Kildare. I would love to know if anyone has got approval since all the fuss in February and March??

Hopefully they will provide funding...best of luck with your application!

Kildare haven't been processing applications since October. They were the first county to run out of money. Even if more funding is approved it will do well to cover the existing applicants that have applications pending for over 6 months. Just a word of warning you will be at the bottom of a fairly big pile at this stage.

I got my initial approval from Fingal at the end of February but there have been no updates from the underwriters etc since.

Thanks Emma, same to you!

swarmberg wrote: »
    Kildare haven't been processing applications since October. They were the first county to run out of money. Even if more funding is approved it will do well to cover the existing applicants that have applications pending for over 6 months. Just a word of warning you will be at the bottom of a fairly big pile at this stage.

I got my initial approval from Fingal at the end of February but there have been no updates from the underwriters etc since.

Thanks for the info swarmberg, that's extremely depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Slavi Pavlov

Hi Ciara, judging by my experience if the council has the funds ready to go for you, you should be getting a call from them to schedule a date to visit them and sign your direct debit mandate that is the final step of getting your funds and last time you’ll be visiting them. After you sign your documents it’s a matter of hours for funds to go from the council to the council solicitor and then it’s all about communication between both yours and theirs solicitor to get it sorted but you can imagine that will not take more than a day.
    I hope all goes quick for you and you’ll have it sorted soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Evenstevens

a query on the Family Home Declaration form for DCC. My solicitor has just sent me a draft of that document. Not witnessed yet etc.Is that sufficient for giving back to the council for the Form 3 stage?

a query on the Family Home Declaration form for DCC. My solicitor has just sent me a draft of that document. Not witnessed yet etc.Is that sufficient for giving back to the council for the Form 3 stage?

Yes my solicitor just emailed me over a draft, I sent it onto them and that was fine. I signed the actual form when I was signing contracts

Yes my solicitor just emailed me over a draft, I sent it onto them and that was fine. I signed the actual form when I was signing contracts

Great. Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Dawido

Can anyone quickly tell me something,

I saw that there is requirement to be rejected from 2 banks. What's the point of applying if the bank can't offer enough money (I earn 32,600 per year) which means maximum I'd get is 114,100 - property I want costs 160/170??

Also I suspect the medical thing where you buy insurance will not work for me cause I think I am pretty sick and unhealthy but wot can you do, can you go without with Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan?

Thanks guys

Dawido wrote: »

I saw that there is requirement to be rejected from 2 banks. What's the point of applying if the bank can't offer enough money (I earn 32,600 per year) which means maximum I'd get is 114,100 - property I want costs 160/170??

Because demz da rules.

It's a pain in the absoloute hole as the banks make it difficult to get the letters as they don't want to be seen as refusing mortgages.

Bank of Ireland will not deny any mortgage application, but instead will supply you with a mortgage of 114k instead of refusing you. Which as you pointed out is useless. I certainly won't ever bank with the ***** after that. I spent ages with them.

AIB was sound about it (big plus one for them, will be using them for everything else in future).

KBC require you go through a full blown mortgage application which is a right pain, but at least they will go through it for you. Be warned that the standard letter that KBC will give you only states that they couldn't supply you with a mortgage and does not state the amount you applied for (this is listed as a requirement on the RIHL website). I haven't been approved yet, but my local coco was sound enough about this as I was able to show them the mortgage application I submitted.

^just some helping tips if you're going looking for letters.

Also I suspect the medical thing where you buy insurance will not work for me cause I think I am pretty sick and unhealthy but wot can you do, can you go without with Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan?

Thanks guys

It's just a hoop that has to be jumped through. It's not really a rejection anyway in many cases it's really just an official statement of what the bank will actually give you so the council can consider you for the higher amount. I did the AIB one online and that was sufficient. Had to do the full blown KBC one but has to be done. It's worth it though if longterm you succeed in getting the loan you need.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Thanks guys

You need insurance to cover your mortgage repayments in the event of death or disability. There's a group scheme which it sounds likely you wouldn't qualify for, in which case you need to find equivalent independent cover

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Stekell

Thanks guys

You need to confirm insufficient offers of finance from the bank. So if you get offered 114,100 its below what your applying to RI for so that will do. We applied with BOI and Ulster Bank over the phone and they emailed us the figure they were offering subject to approval, council said that was perfect when we applied

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭GlowStick

Did everyone have to get a medical cert from your doctor to say you're ok for the mpi? I thought i remembered people saying here that their doctor had to sign off on something to say they had no major illnesses.

I'm nearly at the end of this whole thing (getting keys next week) and i never had to do that, so was just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Jmk725

GlowStick wrote: »
    Did everyone have to get a medical cert from your doctor to say you're ok for the mpi? I thought i remembered people saying here that their doctor had to sign off on something to say they had no major illnesses.

I'm nearly at the end of this whole thing (getting keys next week) and i never had to do that, so was just curious

I had to get a letter from my GP stating I haven't been out sick in last 3 years apart from back ache, flu or influenza.
    In my case it said I wasn't with my GP since 2013.

Congrats on getting keys next week.

• Advertisement

After been given a closing date of 26th of April then it been pushed forward to tomorrow, there is still no sign of the cheque. I sent over my insurance 2 weeks ago. All my emails were ignored last week. My solicitor requested the cheque 2 weeks ago. He rang the council on Monday to be told I never sent over my insurance details, I had to resend them literally on the same email thread they were sent on 2 weeks ago. Then to be told today on the phone that my mortgage protection form needs to be resigned AGAIN for the 3rd time but she sensed my frustration and said she will request the cheque today any way... Only today after them telling my solicitor 2 weeks ago they had requested it. Anyway apart from the rant this is just to remind people to make sure everything is in order then check again then check with the council every few days because they will not tell you unless you call them that there is an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 delboy08

thanks for the heads up. we are after getting our offer accepted today. so I now have to get all the forms sorted. Tomorrow im putting my booking deposit down and also iv to send my mortgage approved letter to the estate agent. i hope they dont get put off because its RBI loan. 😑.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KeithChicken

After been given a closing date of 26th of April then it been pushed forward to tomorrow, there is still no sign of the cheque. I sent over my insurance 2 weeks ago. All my emails were ignored last week. My solicitor requested the cheque 2 weeks ago. He rang the council on Monday to be told I never sent over my insurance details, I had to resend them literally on the same email thread they were sent on 2 weeks ago. Then to be told today on the phone that my mortgage protection form needs to be resigned AGAIN for the 3rd time but she sensed my frustration and said she will request the cheque today any way... Only today after them telling my solicitor 2 weeks ago they had requested it. Anyway apart from the rant this is just to remind people to make sure everything is in order then check again then check with the council every few days because they will not tell you unless you call them that there is an issue.

Sorry to hear that. I have been told by DCC that my cheque is being sent out next Tuesday. Anyone know who long it takes to drawdown on? Like if my solicitor receives the cheque on Wednesday could we realistically close on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ukelele!

Sorry to hear that. I have been told by DCC that my cheque is being sent out next Tuesday. Anyone know who long it takes to drawdown on? Like if my solicitor receives the cheque on Wednesday could we realistically close on Friday?

My funds arrived to my solicitor on a Friday and i got my keys the following Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ukelele!

Just a question for anyone that's finished the whole process... I've got my home insurance and the council are looking for a copy of the fire cover documents. Anyone know what part of the home insurance this is? Or is it something extra I should've gotten? I did get the council indemnified on the policy and thought this was sufficient, but now I'm not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

Just to say I've appreciated everyone's contribution to this thread, I've read the majority of the back and forth. I delivered my own forms in to my local council (DLR) a week ago today. Although I was told not to hold my breath as there has been no update from our Government on funds for 2019. Let's hope we hear something soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 swalsh86

Just went sale agreed on our house yesterday. Now for all the paper work etc.

Any information on the next steps after going sale agreed is much appreciated :-)

swalsh86 wrote: »
    Any information on the next steps after going sale agreed is much appreciated :-)

Basically now you need to get moving on the documents listed on Form 3 of the pack you would have got out with your offer letter. There's a number of different things (bank statements, surveys etc). I'm just getting the last of those together and have to head into council next week with them along with Form 1 , 2 and 3 filled out.

• Advertisement

Basically now you need to get moving on the documents listed on Form 3 of the pack you would have got out with your offer letter. There's a number of different things (bank statements, surveys etc). I'm just getting the last of those together and have to head into council next week with them along with Form 1 , 2 and 3 filled out.

We never received a pack with our letter. Just a valuation report to get filled out. They said in the letter we need to get an engineers report, drains report and valuation report as well as up to date bank statements and payslips. Wonder why we never got sent out a pack.

Advertisement