Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

elections and cycling

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

tomasrojo wrote: »
    It confirms what seemed to be in progress a year or two ago: Greens, SDs and Labour aligning on Green-ish issues. Partly, I presume, so they can form a bloc of a dozen or so seats. Hopefully also because they all think it's the right thing to do.
    They'll be hoping 20+ seats between them. It will be interesting where some of the SF surpluses go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Don't think it's absolutely confirmed yet, but Ross is out.

https://twitter.com/WhispersNewsLTD/status/1226539879804305411

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

he's running sixth in a three seater, and wouldn't strike me as being transfer friendly, given the eliminations i'd expect to happen before his.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Don't think it's absolutely confirmed yet, but Ross is out.

https://twitter.com/WhispersNewsLTD/status/1226539879804305411

does this mean that Shane Ross won't be the official starter of the Orwell Randonnee?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'm sure we'll be able to find a Sinn Fein TD to fire the starting shot.... with an AK47

• Registered Users Posts: 8,495 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Good news from Wexford, looks like Verruca Murphy didn't get elected...

Sadly... she just did... :mad: :(

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

She's sixth in a five seater on the first count. I wouldn't rule her out just yet

she's 7th

001393ec-521.jpg

Apologies. That's what I get from squinting at the TV with two toddlers swinging out of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Eamonnator wrote: »
    does this mean that Shane Ross won't be the official starter of the Orwell Randonnee?

Go8kf by the original thread title, is the Orwell Randonee the biggest political causulty of the election? Surely its a massive hit to the foundations of the event to loose its eminent official starter :-)

she's 7th

001393ec-521.jpg

She's now in 5th after the second count.

ross has been officially excluded.

She's now in 5th after the second count.
    much more transfer friendly than the others, seemingly. still only about 200 votes separating 4th and 7th place though; but if she's transfer friendly...

nightmare scenario - a government of many coalition partners and independents, with her clamouring for transport minister?
    come back winston churchtown, all is forgiven.

much more transfer friendly than the others, seemingly. still only about 200 votes separating 4th and 7th place though; but if she's transfer friendly...

nightmare scenario - a government of many coalition partners and independents, with her clamouring for transport minister?

She could scrape the last seat, without reaching the quota.
    Nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I can’t see that happening. We’re getting Fianna Fáil and Sinn Féin by the looks of things.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

ross has been officially excluded.
    Good riddance!

Breezer wrote: »
    I can’t see that happening. We’re getting Fianna Fáil and Sinn Féin by the looks of things.

Paddy Power agrees with you.
    5/2 FF/SF coalition.

ossian smyth elected; he was on here a while back saying he'd arranged for cycle lanes to be swept around blackrock and a few other places, but i never saw sign of it?

roderic o'gorman elected in dublin west, good news for the canal greenway, i suspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,495 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

She could scrape the last seat, without reaching the quota.
    Nightmare.

vote counting until midnight and then tomorrow..

Brendan Howlin, likely to be the next elected with 10,120 votes.

Reminder; the quota here in Wexford is 12,513.

Behind the Labour party leader its:

FF James Browne 8,858

Ind Verruca Murphy 6,664

FG Michael D'arcy 6,610

FF Malcolm Byrne 6,541

FG Paul Kehoe 6,483

i suspect the chances of her *not* getting in are low.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Unfortunately I was in my wife's car, so no dash cam footage/ photo's, but the parking around the Wicklow Count Centre wasn't exactly a great advert for how the political system thinks of vulnerable road users, and wheelchair/ buggy users. Cars dumped any and everywhere, on pavements and cycle lanes, junction corners, double yellows. It's about 300m from the Park and Ride. There's also plenty of on street parking between shoreline and the village centre in the residential areas that would've necessitated minimal walking.

But in better news, Jennifer Whitmore has been one of the more engaged councillors on public transport and bike in my experience. Definitely not the usual "widen the n11" merchants anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭buffalo

Greens have 7 seats now, best ever result I think?

And Murphy elected in Wexford.

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Good news from Wexford, looks like Verruca Murphy didn't get elected...

You jinxed it, she's a TD now.

buffalo wrote: »
    Greens have 7 seats now, best ever result I think?

Another two in the last five minutes in Dublin Central and Carlow/Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Would Verona have any possibility of having a role in Transport in a coalition government?

Would Verona have any possibility of having a role in Transport in a coalition government?

I'd like to think she's too toxic, but if she were to hold the balance of power... I think that's unlikely though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

buffalo wrote: »
    Another two in the last five minutes in Dublin Central and Carlow/Kilkenny.

**** yeah.

Any more members in contention for a seat? Sadly their representative in my area didn't get in.

Advertisement