Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jail for doing 44km/h over the 120km/h limit

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,643 ✭✭✭✭josip

gctest50 wrote: »
    The energy involved goes up really quickly though as speed increases

Wow, really makes you think when you see something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

CiniO wrote: »
    Perfect.
    I was looking for this kind of data, but couldn't find one.

So if according to that data M5 stops in 110 feet (33.528 metres) from 60mph, than it means it stops in 35.96 metres from 100km/h.
    Clio stops in 43.4 metres.

That makes M5 stopping distance 17.14% lower than clio's.

I agree there is a difference. But I can't agree that it's very significent.

yeah but lets not forget BMW drivers have their head up their arse so big brakes mean nothing, where do you think the Collision Avoidance System was derived from?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Why, and what would you replace it with?

Distance should be on what you can observe and the conditions at the time.

2 seconds is never enough time to observe and react.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Distance should be on what you can observe and the conditions at the time.

2 seconds is never enough time to observe and react.

I disagree. I find it's an effective minimum distance rule of thumb on the motorway, though I'd leave more in many other circumstances. I'd say the majority of drivers give a lot less distance as is so I wouldn't say drivers following it is the cause of accidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

CiniO wrote: »
    How do you imagine Irish person driving such car abroad, and being stuck at 120km/h in places where limits are higher?

In the middle lane no doubt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement