Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What steps should be taken to make Ireland great again?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

1. Fix the health service

2. Dissolve Irish rail, go out to tender for a rail provider which actually gives a **** about their customers, stick to the published timetable, make punctuality a condition of the tender, heavily fine any tenderer who isn’t but able to meet their punctuality commitments, use the funds generated to invest heavily in rail infrastructure and supplement it with EU investment, deploy automated trains/gates/signals/infrastructure,

3. Implement a proper Metro system that links the airport, city centre, and major suburbs

4. Build out multiple orbital roads around Dublin to link up suburbs, eg connect trim, kilcock, clane, sallins, and Naas

5. Put bus corridors on these orbital roads and go out to tender for bus services to run regularly (every 30 mins during peak hours) between these suburbs

6. Sack the judiciary and bring in hardasses who will come down hard on fraudsters, gangsters, Freemen, and terrorists

7. Dissolve the Gardai and build it back up from the ground up, encouraging a healthy environment of whistleblowing where people are not afraid to speak up if they see something wrong happening

I could go on

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tiguan Joe

1. Stop pussyfooting around waiting for every other country to legalise marijuana first.Do it now while there is money to be made.

2. Build a wall all around Ireland.2.(b) Put a roof on it.(self cleaning roof) and one that can be opened if need be.

3. Move St.Patricks day to the summer.

4. Increase the price of unhealthy food,use that money to make healthy foods cheaper.

5. Broadband Broadband Broadband.

6. Extraterrestrial welcome centres in every county.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭pgj2015

You have to jump through a few hoops first, it's not that easy.
    They won't approve your application unless you have a good reason to own one and 'home defence' isn't a valid reason.

i like hunting and clay pigeon shooting. next.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

pgj2015 wrote: »

Not much hunting or clay pigeon shooting in Darndale or Blanch though

El_Bee wrote: »
    Not much hunting or clay pigeon shooting in Darndale or Blanch though

just shoot real pigeons there:D

the poster was talking about people in rural areas buying guns to defend themselves from scum that rob and beat them in their own homes.

• Advertisement

All civil servants will be required to clasp a thorny rose between their teeth on the third Wednesday of every month, and only answer questions with the exclamation "Ole!"

This is to teach them gratitude for their pensions, short working hours, and basic rations.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Candie wrote: »
    All civil servants will be required to clasp a thorny rose between their teeth on the third Wednesday of every month, and only answer questions with the exclamation "Ole!"

This is to teach them gratitude for their pensions, short working hours, and basic rations.

Do they get to bring the rose home to make a thin, flavourless soup for the starving children? Or would BIK apply?

I wouldn't want to spoil them AJ, they're entitled enough. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

I'd allow all the refugees in just to see AH eat itself! lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 33,984 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Establish a 32 county Irish Republic as the patriots of 1916 wanted.

A confessional state in thrall to Rome?
    An end to imported foreign west brit sports. So smash the west brit rugby golden circle.

Yeah let's do away with the one international sport this country is any good at :rolleyes:

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Seanachai wrote: »
    Certainly not if they broke into my home, we should be legally permitted to use reasonable force if assaulted and if we feel our lives are in danger, take the next step.

I don't want to kill anybody, even if they were more than willing to kill me or my family, but I couldn't stand by and watch somebody beat somebody the way some of my neighbours have been. Getting into fights with knives and bats and things is way too risky, that's why I'd feel safer with the guns.

And then you end up with a situation like Oscar Pistorius (If we were to believe him) where people think they hear an intruder and shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

We have to somehow get to the youth, kids are seeing the same thing we're seeing, crime pays and if you're caught there's a good chance you won't do time. There's dirtbikes/scramblers going up and down roads and through estates almost 24/7 now, and kids are cheering them on, literally no effort is being made to tackle this. Open air drug dealing, dumping rubbish in the street because you don't want to pay bin charges, anti-social behavior, they're being taught that the laws just don't apply anymore, the Gardai won't bother you as long as your car is taxed & insured.

Grayson wrote: »
    And then you end up with a situation like Oscar Pistorius (If we were to believe him) where people think they hear an intruder and shoot.

find 1 person who does believe him

• Registered Users Posts: 15,782 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

pgj2015 wrote: »

Good for you.

I'd pass a law that during every full moon all people who's age is an uneven number must wear purple from head to toe until 4.17 pm, when they should go naked for a further seven minutes.

This would put an end to people taking themselves too seriously, an epidemic in society today that leads to long-winded self-important posts on social media, flushed faces, terminal constipation, and intermittent savage road rage involving cyclists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Get rid of nepotism

Too right Da.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Legalise the whore houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,031 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

We should build a big beautiful wall, made of solid concrete.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

We should build a big beautiful wall, made of solid concrete.

I've the very man...

05+-+Fawlty+Towers+1975.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Start by removing Ireland’s biggest spoofer, Lieadkar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Start by removing Ireland’s biggest spoofer...

Bertie's been gone years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Start a trade war, with the moon maybe. Build loads of walls, as they rock. Lock everybody up and let hilary free, oh, and make fake tan mandatory

you cant be building walls, as there is too much pyrite in the country......
    or build a wall for life, and let the FAS Lads look after it...

Advertisement