Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What steps should be taken to make Ireland great again?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭its_steve116

A directly-elected Mayor of Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Miniature Irish flags for some,
    Big black dildos for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I hear Barry O’Bama is free.

That would be pretty funny. Lower taxes, less public spending, less government and all of the media class realising "hold on, this guy is like, far-right"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Brown bread, porridge, Irish stew, cabbage.
    No mobile phones. You have to write a letter. *
    * thanking Granny for that horrible present.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Mandatory jail time for anyone who says "forever home" in relation to social housing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I would host a European Championships in France every summer... we were great, weren't we.. WEREN'T WE WORLD???

*Shuffles off to Joe.ie, "load previous posts" all the way back to Summer 2016*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Klonker wrote: »
    Mandatory jail time for anyone who says "forever home" in relation to social housing.

It's a phrase I seen on a Facebook group which rehomes dogs and cats, when I first seen it used in the social housing context, I was thinking like feral animals so they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

A directly-elected Mayor of Dublin.

How would that make Ireland great?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

RMAOK wrote: »
    How would that make Ireland great?

Because they are going to build a wall around the Pale and make Healy-Rae and Michael Lowery voters pay for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭jhenno78

Ooh, this thread is hilarious. The perfect mix of piss-taking and people who genuinely can't recognise the implications of policy decisions or recognise that people are...what's it called? Human.

Anyway, here's my suggestion.

Build a wall. Make it 100m tall. Make it into kind of a rectangle shape. Make some horizontal wall bits at regular intervals. Divide into smaller sections. Put a roof on top. Fill with things like kitchens and couches. Lay funny little walls nearby that are really short and narrow but tens of km long and come in pairs spaced an even distance apart and have this funny moving wall-boxes that run on top. Build further series of walls nearby that have things like teachers and doctors inside (the doctors will be allowed out after spending less than 24 hours inside in one go). Repeat as needed.

Any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    1 - An end to free movement...

But, but I have a holiday booked!? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭marketty

Every Friday evening we should have a pints raffle.

1st Prize: 45 pints
    2nd Prize: a dozen pints
    3rd Prize: a half dozen pints

Spot Prizes: packets a crips or a few packets eh eh peanuts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

marketty wrote: »
    Every Friday evening we should have a pints raffle.

1st Prize: 45 pints
    2nd Prize: a dozen pints
    3rd Prize: a half dozen pints

Spot Prizes: packets a crips or a few packets eh eh peanuts

All pints to be drank that night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

NuMarvel wrote: »
    24-hour repeats of Glenroe, Where in the World, and Bosco.

Your forgetting Quicksilver and Murphys Micro QuizM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭circadian

I'm seeing loads of far right style posts on AH recently. Where are these people in real life? How come I never come across them? Are you just a bunch of edgelords living in the box room in yer mas gaff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭jhenno78

circadian wrote: »
    I'm seeing loads of far right style posts on AH recently. Where are these people in real life? How come I never come across them? Are you just a bunch of edgelords living in the box room in yer mas gaff?
    Nothing recent about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Start a trade war, with the moon maybe. Build loads of walls, as they rock. Lock everybody up and let hilary free, oh, and make fake tan mandatory

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭circadian

So you're suggesting make Ireland orange again with the fake tan?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

circadian wrote:
    So you're suggesting make Ireland orange again with the fake tan?

Yes, everyone will stand out and look great, this of course will make Ireland great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Agreed. Was watching Schindler's List the other week having not seen it for years. Struck me that the attitude of some people with far right views are still prevalent today with plenty of 'lock up em and throw away the key/put em all on an island somewhere' merchants actually believing and wishing for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Zombie Dev and compulsory dancing at crossroads.
    Wooden spoons for nuns who replace Gardai as peace-keeping force.
    A wall around Leitrim.
    Decommission the IRFU.
    Bring back Switzers and Hector Grey.
    Culchies to apply for points based Dublin work visas.
    A return to just Guinness, Smithwicks and one lager in pubs. Vodka and a dash for wimmin.
    100% tax on wine, 1000% tax for people who call it vino.
    Enforced smoking regime for under-16s.
    Coddle's your only man.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

what is your definition of great,what do you want to go back to ?

thats the problem with stufff like this

if you want to make ireland a better place -- fine by me

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's three or four angry incels with a couple of hundred different accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Paint the external bits, put some pretty flower boxes in prominent spots and hide all the ****e out the back same as TidyTowns. That should do it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

I'm seeing loads of far right style posts on AH recently. .................

May be hope for the future yet.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Miniature Irish flags for some,
    Big black dildos for others.

What about people who already have both? Does that mean they're already great?

Asking for a friend.
    Flaccus wrote: »
    Your forgetting Quicksilver and Murphys Micro QuizM

Sorry. Ancient history isn't my strong suit :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Go back to having a game plan that works with the players we have available. Put 'em under pressure as Jackie used say.

Unroot Irish grannies wherever possible and get as good as we used to be at convincing players to play for Ireland.

Write catchy songs, no matter how unrealistic they may be (be optimistic about winning the World Cup and never getting beaten - it confuses the opposition).

Then we can get back to the glory days of Italia 90!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ireland is great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭ArrBee

valoren wrote: »
    Agreed. Was watching Schindler's List the other week having not seen it for years. Struck me that the attitude of some people with far right views are still prevalent today with plenty of 'lock up em and throw away the key/put em all on an island somewhere' merchants actually believing and wishing for that.

I think that sometimes the "lock em up" comments are less about having a large prison population and more about having a strong no messing attitude to crime so that it acts as an effective deterrent.
    So, it might take generations to trickle down and change behaviors, or it might not at all but it feels like there is a lot minor crime that is "tolerated".

I'm sure at the end of the day, people want to be able to go about their business without dealing with scumbag behavior or the trickle down effects of it.

Advertisement