Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man child video gamers

Options

Comments

Meh, I treat trolls like practice. Got to keep those skills sharp for the actual idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

B0jangles wrote: »
    When you really think about is it any more productive to spend your free time winding up Gamers than to actually be a Gamer?

Is the committed Gamertroll simply a parasite which exists to feed off the Gamer population?

Will there ever be a thread created to troll Gamers that is so blatant, so obvious, that they manage to resist the urge to post defensively about their hobby, even though they know by posting they are giving the OP exactly what he/she wants?

Some us just like arguing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Sounds like he's angry at his Dad for bailing on him.

Marriages break up all the time for various reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Cordell

Marriages break up all the time for various reasons.

Videogames rarely, but playing wrong games with the wrong player. Or practicing your instrument too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Read
    Practice guitar
    Go for walks
    Go to the pub

I don't vegitate in front of the computer screen.

I think you need to quit going to the pub, very unhealthy hobby!

I play video games, watch Netflix, run marathons, practice keto and IF, read books, read comic books ( this must make me a child I suppose!). I seem to fit all these things in along with raising a family of 3 kids, working, paying a mortgage and manage to fit plenty of time in with the missus to go to restaurants and the cinema and a little bit of travel too and we are all very healthy and happy.

OP - I think you need to accept that people can have many hobbies (including ones you deem to be immature, which imo shows your maturity tbh) and be sensible enough to fit all the other important things in too. Stop worrying about what others are up to and just enjoy the things you like without judging others, you’ll be much happier then ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Read
    Practice guitar
    Go for walks
    Go to the pub

You're such an NPC.

I'd actually park my bicycle across your walking path while you were ten meters away, watch you tangle yourself up in the handlebars and then suddenly change direction towards the nearby foliage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Mr E wrote: »
    Idiotic thread (the opinion of a gamer in his 40s who lives a full life, is physically fit, has lots of friends, a close family and is in a healthy relationship)

False: a 'gamer' wouldn't have time for such follies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

OP, shut up, or I'll beat you up.......

On mortal kombat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

BeerWolf wrote: »
    What is this, the 80s?

I wish!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Tazzimus wrote: »

Some us just like arguing :D

Oh no we dont ,.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Read
    Practice guitar
    Go for walks
    Go to the pub

I don't vegitate in front of the computer screen.

I game. Read over fifty books last year. I do lots of running. Occasionally go to the pub and enjoy cooking as well. Then there's my arduino projects and other programming projects. Some beer brewing too. So yep, most gamers live perfectly healthy and normal lives.

batgoat wrote: »
    Read over fifty books last year.
    9781405274050_3_Z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Pac1Man wrote: »
    9781405274050_3_Z.jpg

I just realised, each individual story is about an incredibly unhealthy obsession..... :O So much darker now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It's awful that all these rereg troll threads of late must have discovered how to operate VPNs the past while as there is a serious upsurge of them reappearing here since January 1st for some reason...

The poor mods have their work cut out for themselves...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Some of us would rather get into a decent game than practice wonderwall or drink ourselves into oblivion.

Morrowind was better.
    What about a grown man playing Tony Hawkes game on the PS?
    Everyone knows real men play Tony Hawk on the Dreamcast, brah.

batgoat wrote: »
    I just realised, each individual story is about an incredibly unhealthy obsession..... :O So much darker now.

Yep, and not one Mr. Gamer in sight!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Fieldog wrote: »
    It's awful that all these rereg troll threads of late must have discovered how to operate VPNs the past while as there is a serious upsurge of them reappearing here since January 1st for some reason...

The poor mods have their work cut out for themselves...

I’m beginning to think After Hours is the most negative place on the internet. All it seems to be is “I don’t like X...whoever likes X is stupid” threads or how everyone else is inferior and/or scum. Serious lack of empathy too.

The “toddler hit by truck” headline with thread title “truck driver’s weekend ruined” being a particular example.

I’m no happy clappy individual and am fairly cynical but I would hate to think everything in life that others do would annoy me so much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Sonic Youth

Why do adult gamers get so touchy? You're free to do as you please and others are free to judge you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Cordell

I get a bit frustrated when I see so much hate towards one of the greatest of modern arts. And I feel sad for people who are missing out, especially when they do it voluntarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i got it in the neck for saying this before in similar threads...but here goes...

video games are for kids/teenagers

anyone over the age of 25 who play video games on a regular basis is sad, imho

i mean get a life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

fryup wrote: »
    i got it in the neck for saying this before in similar threads...but here goes...

i mean get a life

I've a girlfriend. I have a decent job. I socialize every weekend I want to and travel multiple times a year.

I also play video games.

Guess I do have a life and play video games.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Mr E wrote: »
    Idiotic thread (the opinion of a gamer in his 40s who lives a full life, is physically fit, has lots of friends, a close family and is in a healthy relationship)

It's a troll thread ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

People should do whatever makes themselves happy. Used to play the PlayStation for hours on end in my teenage years but wouldn't be able to play for more than 20mins now. I still do have an occasional round of tiger woods on my old Xbox 360 that is used pretty much exclusively for Netflix.

One thing is though, if I'm at a gathering at somebody's home and they break out FIFA, I'm out the door and looking for human conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

i mean get a life

That's awful judgemental of a man who enjoys bird watching. I mean, get a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Jesus can people not have different interests without others saying get a life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

i mean get a life

Ah blissful ignorance, I presume you think Rock n' Roll is the devil's music too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

i mean get a life
    This is just a bland, thought-free thing to say though. Think for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I'm just waiting for my maturity to spawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Not healthy in my opinion as these people want control of everything. They can’t seperate real life from their gaming life.
    Should adults who play games be audited?

Wat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I game occasionally. It's a form of entertainment for me. I also:

- Play Guitar
    - Have 2 kids
    - Married
    - Own my own house
    - Have a good job
    - Go on regular holidays
    - Go to the pub

If that's the life of a gamer, I'd hate to see the life of a non-gamer!

Advertisement