Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marian Finucane Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,133 ✭✭✭plodder

Callan57 wrote: »
    Jesus that law guy is a terrible lick ... a whole new level of smarmy. I'm off for a walk couldn't listen to any more of this
    I hate it when people use every opportunity to plug their company, or their book. He must have mentioned the name of the law firm twenty times in a short enough slot. Then, the next woman on, kept going, "and in my book, I say ...."

Gah! It's so annoying and off putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,063 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Uncharted wrote: »
    Jaysus,Marion sounds like she had a late one last night.

Cough,wheeze,splitter,nasal drawl.

Couple of 100k a year for that standard ??
    She sounds like Eamonn Dunphy in drag.

40 major and a bottle of JD for lunch Maz ?

Couple………………:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Couple………………:confused:

Yes. A couple as in 2.

Isn't she on approx 250k per annum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Jaysus,Marion sounds like she had a late one last night.

Cough,wheeze,splitter,nasal drawl.

Couple of 100k a year for that standard ??
    She sounds like Eamonn Dunphy in drag.

40 major and a bottle of JD for lunch Maz ?

She's on a lot more than €200k per annum and should have been shown the door years ago along with Duffy, Darcy and many others but it's RTE, home of nepotism and Shinners.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/four-rte-stars-earn-over-300k-via-private-companies-471892.html

Yes. A couple as in 2.

Isn't she on approx 250k per annum.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/rte-ryan-tubridy-ray-darcytelevision-13725224

Those are 2016 salaries.... has she dropped 50k?

Maybe you are correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Radicalised by Facebook my hole

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

sligojoek wrote: »

Must have been all those funny dog videos that sent her over the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

It seems like the only purpose of the Marion Finucane show these days is to fill the Irish people's minds with their Anti Brexit propoganda. The first time that RTE has cared about the North since Bloody Sunday.

I missed the bit with the Jihadi, I'm guessing they all thought that she should be welcomed home with open arms? Was anybody brave enough to go against the consensus?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

It seems like the only purpose of the Marion Finucane show these days is to fill the Irish people's minds with their Anti Brexit propoganda. The first time that RTE has cared about the North since Bloody Sunday.

Has she stopped her trump bashing then?

My rusty Irish hole, Joe.

Never heard such crap.

Shows you the spanners that are out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭serfboard

Del.Monte wrote: »
    RTE, home of nepotism and Shinners.
    Nepotism I'll give you - but where are you getting Shinners from?
    Radicalised by Facebook? No. Radicalised on Facebook? Possibly - but she would have to have been leaning that direction anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

My God I'm gobsmacked by the dignity, understanding & the sheer Christianity displayed by that Bloody Sunday relative. Amazing man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Who is this woman on now? Her idea of what is discrimination based on class is hilarious, youd think she was raised in a tenement!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Dear God, that thing with Marion reading out the lyrics with the deliberately altered punctuation is painful. I mean all you have to do is put the lyrics in Google with whatever punctuation you like and it will find the song for you.

Why don't they just record a less obvious section of the songs (without lyrics) and play them out, then ask for the song names. Marion could got out and have a fag or get some cough syrup while they are doing this, so it's a win/win situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Is there a premium on entering? If so it wouldn't be in their interest to make the Qs difficult.

Preview of next programme - someone is going to stop Brexit with telepathy and Cormac Ó hEadhra asks Marion who it is...."some nutter" she says and bingo, it is Uri Geller. First time I've agreed with Mammy in a long time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Marian currently making a fool of herself showing her thick as pig sh1t ignorance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Storm 10

No mention of the disgraceful salary she is on for 4 hours work and she is off in the Summer, and Christmas. Now her salary needs looking into

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

This happy-clappy discussion on refugees & immigration is disingenuous in the extreme.
    That guy talking about all the European cities where it's all multicultural nirvana totally ignores the fact that most, if not all, of those cities have huge no-go areas of deprivation & violence mainly housing immigrants.

Callan57 wrote: »
    This happy-clappy discussion on refugees & immigration is disingenuous in the extreme.
    That guy talking about all the European cities where it's all multicultural nirvana totally ignores the fact that most, if not all, of those cities have huge no-go areas of deprivation & violence mainly housing immigrants.

I notice it every week on her show. They outdo themselves to give the “right” trendy opinion.

Terrified they’ll be blacklisted unless they give the establishment line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

David Mc Williams was insufferable today , still giving lectures on a synopsis of whatever popular economics book he has been reading .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Storm 10 wrote:
    No mention of the disgraceful salary she is on for 4 hours work and she is off in the Summer, and Christmas. Now her salary needs looking into

In fairness to her, she was the first big name in RTE to volunteer to take a pay reduction after the crash. Others had to be bullied and shamed into it but she was the first to volunteer. Many of the other big names blame her for starting the wage reduction that they all did eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭applehunter

Oops69 wrote: »
    David Mc Williams was insufferable today , still giving lectures on a synopsis of whatever popular economics book he has been reading .

I remember McWilliams warning how immigration disproportionately affects lower income families by driving down wages and putting pressure on local services.

This morning he is saying we need to be preparing for a population made up of 25% foreign born nationals.

He was also quoting Bernia Sanders economic policies and referred to Democrat congress member Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez as AOC. Who in Ireland knows who AOC is unless they have taken a big interest in American politics?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭emo72

I remember McWilliams warning how immigration disproportionately affects lower income families by driving down wages and putting pressure on local services.

This morning he is saying we need to be preparing for a population made up of 25% foreign born nationals.

He was also quoting Bernia Sanders economic policies and referred to Democrat congress member Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez as AOC. Who in Ireland knows who AOC is unless they have taken a big interest in American politics?

Alex Oxlade Chamberlain plays for Liverpool, he's just recovered from injury, can't wait for him to start lashing them in again.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    In fairness to her, she was the first big name in RTE to volunteer to take a pay reduction after the crash. Others had to be bullied and shamed into it but she was the first to volunteer. Many of the other big names blame her for starting the wage reduction that they all did eventually.

I’m all broke up here.........:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Anyone with half an eye on the mid-term results should know who AOC is. Youngest ever elected, ousted a long-term encumbent, relentlessly trolled by Fox news.
    A bit more coverage of the likes of Saunders, AOC and Warren - democrats not in thrall to Wall St - would be welcome instead of the persistent coverage of every tweet from Trump.

Anyone with half an eye on the mid-term results should know who AOC is. Youngest ever elected, ousted a long-term encumbent, relentlessly trolled by Fox news.
    A bit more coverage of the likes of Saunders, AOC and Warren - democrats not in thrall to Wall St - would be welcome instead of the persistent coverage of every tweet from Trump.

Lads apologies for this and nothing personal but.......

Let’s nip this in the bud RIGHT NOW.

It’s Bernie Sanders........S A N D E R S.

His name is going to come up a lot, so please, pretty please, with sugar on, let’s get it right .

Let’s not go down the Saunya O’ Sullivan road pleaseeeeee.

Raunt over :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I wouldn't have had Delaney down as part of Marian's "dinner and fags" clique but she came out some scutter in bland defense of Delaney.

She thought it was a great idea to pop us in the hat as an extra team? John delivered the Aviva stadium in rude financial health? And her remarks were allowed to go unquestioned?

She explains her high salary away because she does endless hours of research during the week. Yep. Sure thing.

humberklog wrote: »
    I wouldn't have had Delaney down as part of Marian's "dinner and fags" clique but she came out some scutter in bland defense of Delaney.

She thought it was a great idea to pop us in the hat as an extra team? John delivered the Aviva stadium in rude financial health? And her remarks were allowed to go unquestioned?

She explains her high salary away because she does endless hours of research during the week. Yep. Sure thing.

Yep. She really showed how thick as pig sh1t ignorant she is yesterday

• Advertisement

humberklog wrote: »

Just the "Golden Circle" - what would you expect? Has she had her old buddy Seanie Fitzpatrick on recently to begin the rehab process or Bertie - if not it's only a matter of time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement