Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What everyday food makes you gag?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

goat2 wrote: »
    I also despise Ketchup, and don't like when I put a steak or prime rib on for dinner and a certain member of family asks where the tomato sauce is, as there is usually a nice gravy or jus to go with the dinner,
    It feels like an islult, the person does not eat food without his ketchup

They must prefer ketchup to gravy or thin gravy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

goat2 wrote: »
    I also despise Ketchup, and don't like when I put a steak or prime rib on for dinner and a certain member of family asks where the tomato sauce is, as there is usually a nice gravy or jus to go with the dinner,
    It feels like an islult, the person does not eat food without his ketchup

I wouldn’t be insulted if I was the cook in that situation. I’m not that precious about the food I cook. It’s just food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Bananas
    Strawberries
    The inside bit of tomatoes
    Celery
    Cucumber
    Cream
    Kinder chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Cucumbers
    Garlic
    Coffee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Eggs, cooked any way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Radishes
    Mustard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Bell peppers. They have such a strong flavour, I can taste a tiny shard of pepper in anything. The smell, the taste...ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭safeasparagus

Not so much everyday but licorice , absolutely desperate . Stomach churning .

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

lambs liver.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not quite every day, but any "fancy" event has smoked salmon these days, which I can't even go near to. Had to eat some out of politeness once and could taste it all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

I have a deep hatred of all things egg.... well all except the chocolate variety.

Also hate that every pre made sandwich seems to be covered in mayonnaise. Why can't they just use some butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Raisins, dates, sultanas... eugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

Tinned beans or spaghetti

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Gherkins

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Quiche, it's for depraved perverts IMO...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Dried apricots . Just why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Marmalade or pâté

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

bastard mushrooms.

they are the devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Aubergines.
    Artichokes.

Filth

• Advertisement

Everyday food where I live: Coriander.

I'm one of those people for whom it tastes like soap. Far too often, they forget and add it cause pretty much everyone eats it.

It drives me crazy if I miss lunch cause of it. Your only white customer ever who's speaking your language isn't memorable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Everyday food where I live: Coriander.

I'm one of those people for whom it tastes like soap. Far too often, they forget and add it cause pretty much everyone eats it.

It drives me crazy if I miss lunch cause of it. Your only white customer ever who's speaking your language isn't memorable enough.
    if it's just fresh coriander can you just remove it? or does the taste stay in the broth?

if it's just fresh coriander can you just remove it? or does the taste stay in the broth?

If the broth gets stirred and flecks of it get stuck to anything else, then no. And if it's there's a decent amount in a banh mi, then usually no. I got a meal last week where it was sprinkled on the cabbage and even the grilled ribs.

I do try to remove it instead of starving, but it's mostly pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 santry

Corn
    Celery
    Rhubarb
    Raisins/sultanas/currants
    Blue Cheese
    Cottage Cheese

All vile

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Eggs. The absolute only way I’ll eat eggs is on French Toast. Other than that, no way

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Whiskey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Whiskey
    That’s one I forgot about ... can’t stand the stuff. I have tried to like it. It’s not like I don’t like spirts , I love rum and will drink it straight but whiskey is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Cottage Cheese.....Huuurrrrrrppp...looks like something that came out of a boil :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Bananas sometimes make me involuntarily gag (and no, it's not a sexual reference in any way). They always have, even though I don't mind the taste of them.

I thought I was the only one, I feel really nauseous after eating one and I don't mind the taste either. Weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Can eat almost anything even if I don't care for it, I'm not picky

Can't abide the taste of Parmesan though.

Advertisement