Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What everyday food makes you gag?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Not so much an everyday food- Paté.
    Had a bad experience at a function once. Had a woeful metallic taste. 27yrs later the mere thought will send a shudder through me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

Bananas ....the texture of them makes me sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I misread the title as "what everyday food makes you gay?"

Cucumber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Coriander - soapy yuk
    Scrambled eggs, don't mind eggs cooked other ways

I hate omelettes. I'm fine with eggs any other way.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Rhubarb crumble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

Eggs-Yes all types poached, scrambled, fried, boiled, omelettes etc all make me want to puke:(

Tinned tuna. Should be banned from staff canteens. It smells, looks + I'm guessing tastes like cat food. Stinks out the sink+ canteen. Evil stuff.

Any variety of quiche. Pasta with chicken.. they don't go together. I feel ill thinking about these.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Porridge....I’ve tried, believe me. But I just can’t.
    Mutton
    Fennel
    Tapioca - revolting
    Kiwi fruit
    Pâte
    Liver or kidney
    Avocado (though I do like guacamole)

Allergic to all seafood so that’s a no no. Even the smell of most fish makes me retch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Leeks, make my stomach do somersaults.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Beans !

seriously... theyre the devils poo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Onions. Fine if liquidised and a minor ingredient. Pickled silverskins will cause me to retch. Scallions are OK.

Cauliflower stinking up a fridge is gross.

Yellowman is sooooo much better than dulse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Rhubarb crumble

Cries :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

eviltwin wrote: »
    Milk. Can't even bear to look at it.

This so much. The way it clings to the side of a glass makes me nauseous. If someone is drinking it I can't look at them especially if they have a milk moustache. I can tolerate a little in tea or coffee and can eat yoghurt and cheese but I can't eat cereal as I hate it so much:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I gag at the sight of peas. I can't even look at a picture of mushy peas.

I also automatically vomit when drinking regular milk. Strawberry, Chocolate any other flavour, I like. Not regular milk though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

XsApollo wrote: »
    Cucumbers

You're supposed to chop them up. No wonder you gag.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

dohboy wrote: »
    Baked beans for me. Contemptible.

Agreed. Have to leave the room when they're being cooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Liver. Even handling the stuff gives me the heebie jeebies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Onions. Fine if liquidised and a minor ingredient. Pickled silverskins will cause me to retch. Scallions are OK.

Cauliflower stinking up a fridge is gross.

Yellowman is sooooo much better than dulse.

I love cauliflower. It's my favorite veg. I don't know any veg that stinks, not in it's raw form anyway. I keep fresh cauliflower in the fridge and if it's completely fresh I eat it raw. Cauliflower is the one veg that is high in protein. You can't eat anything more healthy that cauliflower.

Also, I love onions. I hate having to peel them but it's worth it. They are so nutritious and tasty. I hate peeling garlic as well but again it's worth the trouble.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Custard
    Cream
    Rice pudding
    Mushy peas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Mushrooms......the smell texture even visually they just make me gag.....the Effin things are thrown into everything these days.....waiting to find a desert with them soon....!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

AllForIt wrote: »
    I love cauliflower. It's my favorite veg. I don't know any veg that stinks, not in it's raw form anyway. I keep fresh cauliflower in the fridge and if it's completely fresh I eat it raw. Cauliflower is the one veg that is high in protein. You can't eat anything more healthy that cauliflower.

I don't mind cauliflower, like an old gratin dish of it actually. But never would have thought to eat it raw. Do you eat it plain, or is there flavouring you add when eating it raw?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭AllForIt

quickbeam wrote: »
    I don't mind cauliflower, like an old gratin dish of it actually. But never would have thought to eat it raw. Do you eat it plain, or is there flavouring you add when eating it raw?

I eat it raw. But only if it's completely fresh. The quality of cauliflower is hit and miss. I don't know why this is but there you go.

When I cook it I eat it with some kind of cheese sauce. Either made out of cream or a classic bechamel. White sauce basically. I do sometimes mix it in a stir fry as well.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Melted cheese makes me feel like puking. Not great with crackers either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Brown sauce.
    Horrendous stuff.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Mushrooms. They are fcking disgusting.

Mayonnaise. Jesus that stuff is horrible.

Tomatoes. There is nothing to like about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Tea, onions, and any cereal with milk on it. I've always had to eat my cereal dry, or I just can't get it down and I end up puking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Cottage cheese. I'm a big fan of cheese in general, but the texture of cottage cheese is all wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Mayonnaise
    Mushrooms
    Melted cheese
    Celery
    Liver
    Salad cream
    Fat on meat
    Cottage cheese
    Eggs
    Coffee
    Soup