Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What everyday food makes you gag?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

BK92 wrote: »
    I can't think of anything more vomit inducing than hard boiled eggs

The smell... Just how could they be food

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

milk

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Bit surprised at the level of hate for mushrooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Bit surprised at the level of hate for mushrooms.

I am a mushroom hater also. Even if there is a trace amount in food I can smell and taste it.

Fecking vile things.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Tea.
    Supermacs.
    Digestive biscuits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

you know the way we see colours differently? like when we look at a blue car with both call it blue but your brain may perceive a different shade than what I perceive. I think it must work the same with taste because some of the foods mentioned here are so bland and ubiquitous that I can't for the life of me understand the hatred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Cocks.

May or may not be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

prinzeugen wrote: »
    I am a mushroom hater also. Even if there is a trace amount in food I can smell and taste it.

Fecking vile things.

I love them, but I know many adults have a problem with them so we give our kids a pass when they leave them at the side of the plate, because it's not the same thing as them not wanting to eat their greens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Tomatoes. Vile sour fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

killanena wrote: »
    Fresh Tomatoes, I don't mind the sun dryed ones, or if they are made in into a sauce or even if they are just grilled/fried.

Just fresh in a sandwich or salad makes me gag.

I cant stand a big wet slice of tomato on a sandwich. On a burger it is even worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I cant stand a big wet slice of tomato on a sandwich. On a burger it is even worse.

Why oh why put any kind of fruit in a sandwich. Sour or not. Turns many a nice crisp sandwich soggy. Avocado is the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I can eat most anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I eat them in a smoothie but cannot eat apples on their own without being physically sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

The very trendy avocado. I've tried it a few times but it's horrible. I think it might be the texture more than the taste that horrifies me.

And I don't trust anyone who doesn't like cheese. Or eggs.

I like guacamole because the avocado is mixed with yummy things but avocado on its own, I just don’t get. Unpleasant texture, not much taste.

killanena wrote: »
    Fresh Tomatoes, I don't mind the sun dryed ones, or if they are made in into a sauce or even if they are just grilled/fried.

Just fresh in a sandwich or salad makes me gag.

Yup, exact same. The gross juice that comes of raw tomatoes - yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

For some reason it’s Pork for me ...it’s nothing to do with taste or texture as I quite like it to eat but for what ever reason every time I eat pork I get violently sick.. I am fine with bacon products.
    I love steak and all other meats and I am quite adventurous food wise, but pork just doesn’t agree with me.

One other thing that turns the stomach is a house where they cook cabbage regularly and cook the **** out of it and the stench of the whole house of old boiled cabbage. I have an old aunt who’s house is constantly stinking of over cooked veg.
    Not a place to be with a banging hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Bananas - hate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Parmesan cheese. Literally like bits of dried vomit being shredded over your spaghetti bolognese in restaurants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

XsApollo wrote: »
    Cucumbers ,
    I can smell them f*ckers a mile away.

Snap.
    Gagsville

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Yup, exact same. The gross juice that comes of raw tomatoes - yuck.

Cannot stomach tomatoes at all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cabbage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Cheaper canned baked beans....full of added sugar content, acne in a can. Makes me wanna puke!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Salt&Vinegar snacks... just the thought of them... urgh!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Custard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Soft-boiled egg.....revolting.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

Oranges, milk (as a drink on it’s own), blue cheese. All vile. Don’t mind orange juice though.

Tinned Tuna.

Manky.

YES. How can anyone eat it? The stink! I love fresh fish. Tinned tuna and other stinky tinned fish varieties hurt my soul. Fish shouldn’t strongly smell fishy when being eaten. It’s well past its best if it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Scrambled eggs. Even making them for my kid makes me feel a bit dodge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

I must have a cast iron stomach. I love almost all of the things mentioned above.

I'd be a bit put off by the trip and drisheen someone brought up, but sure how bad can it be? We eat plenty of other parts of cows.

There are a few things that just don't agree with me, like I can't touch coffee or chorizo but I love the flavour of both of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Ketchup, you guys must hate food to put that stuff on.
    I also despise Ketchup, and don't like when I put a steak or prime rib on for dinner and a certain member of family asks where the tomato sauce is, as there is usually a nice gravy or jus to go with the dinner,
    It feels like an islult, the person does not eat food without his ketchup

Advertisement