Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ulster v racing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Defunkd wrote: »
    There is precedent for racial slurs being used by fans at Ravenhill, but usually by one or two. Not trying to say it's endemic.

There is?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

The only occurrence of supposed racism I recall was friend to all Delon Armitage making a claim in a game between Ulster and LI about a decade ago. Matt McCullough called him a spide and Armitage accused him of calling him a spade.

McCullough was cleared of all charges following a hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Buer wrote: »
    The only occurrence of supposed racism I recall was friend to all Delon Armitage making a claim in a game between Ulster and LI about a decade ago. Matt McCullough called him a spide and Armitage accused him of calling him a spade.

McCullough was cleared of all charges following a hearing.

Yeah I wondered if that was what he was referring to

Fair enough... Although it was 12 years ago, but still as I say I hate racism so if any Ulster fan is guilty of it, ban them for life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I was back from the pub for this match - no TV and no stream - had to listen to it on the radio and only just got to see the highlights on YouTube. Stockdale is some man for one man! Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Zzippy wrote: »
    Lol. Is he asleep?

Probably watching netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Watched recording of match having been at the game. How on earth can Austin Healy say that pass to Imhoff near the end of the game (from which Imhoff scored) was not forward? Replays showed it was forward by some way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Watched recording of match having been at the game. How on earth can Austin Healy say that pass to Imhoff near the end of the game (from which Imhoff scored) was not forward? Replays showed it was forward by some way.

He's on a complete wind up. Healey gets off on people reacting. There's no coincidence that he called Ludik's pass "a mile forward" for Stockdale's first and then said the Imhoff one wasn't forward. You couldn't make out the Ludik pass at all properly (although a good chance it was slightly) but you could clearly see the Imhoff one in open space.

He does it for a giggle and finds himself hilarious. As long as people keep reacting, he'll keep at it.

Buer wrote: »
    He's on a complete wind up. Healey gets off on people reacting. There's no coincidence that he called Ludik's pass "a mile forward" for Stockdale's first and then said the Imhoff one wasn't forward. You couldn't make out the Ludik pass at all properly (although a good chance it was slightly) but you could clearly see the Imhoff one in open space.

He does it for a giggle and finds himself hilarious. As long as people keep reacting, he'll keep at it.

https://twitter.com/IamAustinHealey/status/1084206686993350659?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭BoardAtWork

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if there is truth behind the allegations.

There is a cloud of sexism hanging over rugby around the province, and racism isn't all that much of a leap from there. There are also previous allegations of racism surrounding the province also afaik.

The booing was bad/embarassing enough. Racism is a step too far. You would hope that any and all involved are banned for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

With everyone videoing everything these days, there would surely be recording of any racist comments going viral already.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

awec wrote: »
    Jacob Stockdale can ride my wife. No bother.
    PM'd you:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Are you all sure the fans just weren't saying Boo-aloucoune?

CatFromHue wrote: »

Ulster have a guy called Boo-urns at 10

Anywhere to watch highlights?

That's a great win - haven't seen the game but surely final 8 is on the cards now ?

That's a great win - haven't seen the game but surely final 8 is on the cards now ?

VM1 right now

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

CatFromHue wrote: »

I was saying Boo-urns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Virgin Media one have highlights of all Irish teams in action tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if there is truth behind the allegations.

There is a cloud of sexism hanging over rugby around the province, and racism isn't all that much of a leap from there. There are also previous allegations of racism surrounding the province also afaik.

The booing was bad/embarassing enough. Racism is a step too far. You would hope that any and all involved are banned for life.

There is a cloud of sexism hanging over rugby in general, so it's hardly fair to single out Ulster. And the allegations that Armitage forwarded ages ago were dismissed weren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Watch the Ulster haters jump on Zebos statement.

Wonder which country is the 2nd most racist in the Eu.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

If anyone gave Zebo racist abuse, I hope they are found out and banned from Ravenspan for life. Racism is vile; a pox on our society.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

ClanofLams wrote: »
    With everyone videoing everything these days, there would surely be recording of any racist comments going viral already.

If it wasn't a home game maybe, but its highly unlikely that someone at a home game would video some of their fellow supporters being racist and circulate it on social media.

I would say this, though. There have been baseless and conniving accusations of bigotry against Ulster fans before.

You would only have to look at the Guardian having to pay half a million to Patrick Bamford because they ran the story of Trevor Brennan’s da hoping everyone would just assume the Nordies are bigoted monsters and he could fling about whatever accusations he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

I was at the game..zebo was booed by large sections of the crowd as the panto villain. Only thing I heard shouted at him was ...."where's your finger now.." after Ulster scored.

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    I was at the game..zebo was booed by large sections of the crowd as the panto villain. Only thing I heard shouted at him was ...."where's your finger now.." after Ulster scored.

I would 100% have shouted “UP YOUR HOLE” after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

I would 100% have shouted “UP YOUR HOLE” after that.

Lol...it did cross my mind.

• Advertisement

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    Lol...it did cross my mind.

I am a simple child, and I’m alright with that.

Advertisement