Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

From what I heard from official sources is that B&S sold 9,000 tickets out of the 10,000, so not too bad for the festival.

That is pretty good. If it was the last B&S festival and you were a promoter surely you would be advertising it was "the last ever B&S" to shift tickets would you not? Same with anything else that had it's last ever event anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

MJohnston wrote:
    B&S just sent out a newsletter, and it mentions a 2020 edition is in the planning. Obviously they can easily back out, but it's good to know they're at least not writing it off immediately!

Newsletter starts with quote from Hotpress
    "By embracing raw talent above big name headliners, Body & Soul has once again set the tone for this year's festival season" Hot Press

So although I had a good weekend with their unlikeness to change approach to booking and with having even less bands than before (no acts on Sat till 17.00), that's me out next year after 5 years.

P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

had a great weekend, hey bodhrandude you were pointed out to me by a fellow boardsie, it was at Kneecap I think. Didn't bother go over to introduce myself, wouldn't be able to hear me anyway over the bass :D

One should never meet ones heroes

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

tamarahall wrote: »
    Then we performed at the Woodlands Stage at 10:30pm (Proper Micro NV), enjoyed every minute, hope everyone enjoyed it! Crew were perfect. Mother DJs closed out the night perfectly, brilliant atmosphere and plenty of colour, loved them.

Deadly stuff. Was a really high energy performance and the costume changes were class. Certainly the most unique show all weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Dudes and dude-esses will have blog report up at some time today, I have Friday and Saturday completed and have to just work on the Sunday now, so bare with me. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Dudes and dude-esses will have blog report up at some time today, I have Friday and Saturday completed and have to just work on the Sunday now, so bare with me. :)

get it out before 4pm please, bored as fk in work, want to hear all about your ahem 'trip' ;)

My Body&Soul Festival review, enjoy dudes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Good weekend.
    Main thing first, a tune ID.

Pretty sure I heard this played in a good few places but first time at reckless in love.

Approx 120bpm, male vocals like prince and dr alban its my life. Does that ring any bells with anyone?? It was played multiple times throughout the weekend. Much appreciated whoever gets!

As for festival itself:
    Think I'm too old for it.

Got to see plenty of reckless in love and not much else.

I liked how it was less crowded but felt sorry for festival itself and traders.

They could have not opened so many fields and maybe squeezed the atmosphere in a bit.
    Ive been every year since 2013 and never seen it so empty looking.

My tent got ransacked one of the nights but I had nothing worth taking. Bags were emptied and everything thrown around the place. This never happened before. That was probably the only bad thing. That and only 2 hours sleep on the monday morning. Long week so it was!

Good weekend.

Pretty sure I heard this played in a good few places but first time at reckless in love.

Approx 120bpm, male vocals like prince and dr alban its my life. Does that ring any bells with anyone?? It was played multiple times throughout the weekend. Much appreciated whoever gets!

As for festival itself:

They could have not opened so many fields and maybe squeezed the atmosphere in a bit.

My tent got ransacked one of the nights but I had nothing worth taking. Bags were emptied and everything thrown around the place. This never happened before. That was probably the only bad thing. That and only 2 hours sleep on the monday morning. Long week so it was!

JG009 wrote: »
    Good weekend.

As for festival itself:

Maybe check out the Mother Club DJ setlists or Kelly Anne-Byrne setlists, Mother played quite a few times at Reckless in Love over the weekend and it was probably definitely played at Pride Anthems on Saturday afternoon/evening.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

What is the hype with Mother Djs?Is it a live show or what

bigpink wrote: »
    What is the hype with Mother Djs?Is it a live show or what

What hype? It's a group of DJs that run a clubnight in Dublin called Mother. They play almost every year at B&S.

keithkk16 wrote: »
    What hype? It's a group of DJs that run a clubnight in Dublin called Mother. They play almost every year at B&S.

I hear them mentioned a lot thought it was a live show/original music

bigpink wrote: »
    I hear them mentioned a lot thought it was a live show/original music

They have a big pride party on this weekend and they also have there own festival coming up in August maybe that's why?

They have a big pride party on this weekend and they also have there own festival coming up in August maybe that's why?

Maybe that’s why.I thought it was some big show live thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Good weekend.

Wasn't there this year so this is a complete guess but does have a Prince type vibe to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Good weekend.

As for festival itself:

I wasn't there this year either so completely guessing the tune but I wonder could this have been it, I have definitely heard Kellyanne Byrne and Mother DJs play it before.

I wasn't there this year either so completely guessing the tune but I wonder could this have been it, I have definitely heard Kellyanne Byrne and Mother DJs play it before.

Thanks. That's not it. Along those lines, but it was a newer track and cheesier vocals.

Maybe slightly like talking heads this must be the place too.

It got played to death whatever it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

DJ Koze's Pick Up was played to death last summer. probably not it though based on the male vocals description.
    maybe Camelphat - Be Someone?

Thanks. That's not it. Along those lines, but it was a newer track and cheesier vocals.

Maybe slightly like talking heads this must be the place too.

It got played to death whatever it was.

Can you remember any lyrics from it? Could be a new remix of an oldie

• Advertisement

Its hard to believe it was only a week ago I was wrapping up the tent to come home, I hope some of you enjoyed the review anyways, apart from the odd absinthe review I've been out of action since the last Picnic review.

Can you remember any lyrics from it? Could be a new remix of an oldie

Unfortunately not. Defo a male vocal as described and I think it was around kellie anne B and again on Sunday but not Friday because I was there for Neill Flynn and Cait.

To anyone that cares about the tune ID i asked for.
    Its TIGA - you gonna want me.

https://youtu.be/CCwgUkaDSxc

To anyone that cares about the tune ID i asked for.
    Its TIGA - you gonna want me.

https://youtu.be/CCwgUkaDSxc

Haha a classic!

Does anyone know when early bird tickets come out? I never get any emails from B&S anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Unlikely we'll hear anything until after they're done with their EP weekend.

I bought my 2019 tickets the week immediately after the 2018 festival though, so if they are selling then for next year, they're much later than usual. I fear ATN has killed them off as a standalone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

They should hook up with The Beatyard (who have lost their Dun Laoghaire spot) and form a mega-independent festival on the same weekend and site. Bodytonic ran a festival called Garden Party in Ballinlough for a couple years too!

MJohnston wrote: »
    Unlikely we'll hear anything until after they're done with their EP weekend.

I bought my 2019 tickets the week immediately after the 2018 festival though, so if they are selling then for next year, they're much later than usual. I fear ATN has killed them off as a standalone though.

Hopefully the absence of any statement from them that they are not holding it next year is because they have seen the luke warm reaction to ATN this year, and are weighing up whether they can attract people back next year.

Hopefully if they can get a few good headliners they will be back in business in 2020!
    MJohnston wrote: »
    They should hook up with The Beatyard (who have lost their Dun Laoghaire spot) and form a mega-independent festival on the same weekend and site. Bodytonic ran a festival called Garden Party in Ballinlough for a couple years too!

I think Beatyard are going to come back anyway, they just don't know where. It would be great if Beatyard was on a different weekend, maybe earlier in the year!

Body & Soul @ Electric Picnic 2019 was epic. Thanks for bringing all of yourselves to the party. We're already excited to see you again Ballinlough Castle in June 2020 - MIND ONE ANOTHER

Sounds like they will be back next year!

Sounds like they will be back next year!

I hope they read this thread while they are planning the 2020 festival

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭endainoz

I sent them a message on FB looking for information on volunteering there next year but haven't heard back from them yet. They are probably quiet enough this time of year though?

Advertisement