Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas out of season 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Meeting in work today with all the directors to run through the current job list and we're into the time of year when christmas is being referenced frequently on programmes/schedules... remember that happening last year and thanks to the workload the weeks flying by, judging by this year's workload it's looking like being even busier this year... so crimbo before you know it.

The old double edged sword!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Elf number 1 running round the house singing ‘I wish you a Merry Christmas’ as I’m checking the Christmas forum, it’s as if she knows :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

All the usual sweet "tins" are in Dunnes at the moment fror €7.

Rumours of a 2kg tin of Quality Street going on sale this year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,125 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    All the usual sweet "tins" are in Dunnes at the moment fror €7.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/9745869/costco-is-selling-giant-2kg-quality-street-tins-for-a-bargain-price/

Hope they're available over here too!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh my god, I hope so!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Heard my first Christmas ad on the radio this morning. A hotel is looking for bookings for their Christmas parties (I think it was the Carlton).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I spotted this n Lidl tonight take it's from last year tough.

69242067_2382698925386048_1011217850473381888_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQnTY67iyXVoeVCKX4kel9btjHbxkGlat8vgrXuZBkTwmCUBiL5zIiCCCG-5aB67l9s&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=68bccc7c2e414bc2ab7b0e4d5476c161&oe=5E0CA11D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Starbucks declares August 27 as “first day of fall” to bring back its cult-favourite pumpkin spice latte
    https://www.straight.com/food/1291736/starbucks-declares-august-27-first-day-fall-bring-back-its-cult-favourite-psl

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The anti Christmas threads have started in After Hours another sure fire way Christmas is coming :)

The anti Christmas threads have started in After Hours another sure fire way Christmas is coming :)

Saw that. Was tempted to post but decided to stick to here for Christmas chat.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Saw that. Was tempted to post but decided to stick to here for Christmas chat.

Good call. Ah as I said there. It’s ok to like what you want and just as importantly to not like what you want as long as you don’t try and force your opinions and views on other people.

But still this is the safe zone.

Good call. Ah as I said there. It’s ok to like what you want and just as importantly to not like what you want as long as you don’t try and force your opinions and views on other people.

But still this is the safe zone.

The internet is a strange & scary palce at times & so many people seem angry all the time, I get enough of that in the real world that I try to avoid the confrontational stuff online if at all possible, After Hours is one of those places that attracts the 'I have to be right, all the time' brigade' (along with some witty, funny people too I have to admit) so when it came to something like christmas no way am I getting involved over there as you just know its asking for some crusader to tell you you're wrong for liking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Jude13

And just as I was about to start a thread in the weather forum about the chance of a white christmas and one on the motor forum about winter tyres (Ive seen some people get very uptight in the past about winter v summer tyres on there).*

That's why I love this place, Christmas mad all year round.

I had elf on the selection on my flight this week. Cant put up a pic as my photobucket is full.

*I am joking and won't be starting such threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Oh my gosh, please be true!!!!! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Jude13 wrote: »
    And just as I was about to start a thread in the weather forum about the chance of a white christmas and one on the motor forum about winter tyres (Ive seen some people get very uptight in the past about winter v summer tyres on there).*

Runs off to the weather forum to see if the Annual White Christmas thread is live yet... :pac:

Runs off to the weather forum to see if the Annual White Christmas thread is live yet... :pac:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058007595

The winter thread is, always a good read if you're a weather fan... :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Three things:

1. A month ago, my friends' children found that their elves on the shelves had mysteriously returned and were hiding at the bottom of their mother's wardrobe. They were told that Santa made them come back to make sure the kids were still behaving, because he had heard some unpleasant reports and he wanted to investigate. :D

2. I was in a café at lunchtime today, and they had a rake of Christmas decorations up (garlands made with pine cones with snow, fake fir, fake red berries, fake holly, fake snow frosting and even gold bits). When asked, they said they're up all year and they most definitely weren't Christmas decorations. Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

3. Apparently Tubbercurry will be covered in Christmas decorations very shortly, as they're going back to film another bit of "Normal People". I don't know what the heck they're gonna do with all the leaves in the trees, but I sincerely hope they'll be removed "photoshoply" and not stripped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

The Christmas thread in AH has made me realise it's time to follow the Christmas forum again.....so hi everyone :D

The Christmas thread in AH has made me realise it's time to follow the Christmas forum again.....so hi everyone :D

He who dares wins Del Boy.... He who dares!! :D :pac:

And welcome :)

• Advertisement

The Merry influx has commenced... its getting near folks;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

I’ve my pre-Christmas trip to New York already booked. Nothing like NYC at Xmas :)

Welcome, DelBoy!

This time next Christmas we'll be millionaires. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Just saw this on my twitter feed....

Dont forget guys, GBBO starts back tonight, not specifically Christmas related but mentioned on the countdown thread.

Dont forget guys, GBBO starts back tonight, not specifically Christmas related but mentioned on the countdown thread.

Always reminds me of the run-up to Christmas too! :)

GBBO with some serious Christmas cakes straight out the bat in episode one.

Yes, there was certainly a festive touch to proceedings! :D

Sone fantastic cakes for the first week. Could see a really high standard this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Technically not Christmas, Mr. Price in Ashbourne have off-white mugs with snowflakes on them for 99c.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement