Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas out of season 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Penneys is smashing it this year with Christmas jumpers in the shops already. And L’Occitane has advent calendars.

Heading up to the blanch sc tomorrow so must pop in and have a look so.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Waiting for supervalu to start their Christmas stock.. I get groceries delivered and they are the only big shop. But I was pleasantly impressed at how they have risen to the challenge from the "big 4" and their online shopping website is wonderful. No chance of any of the other shops for me.. did enjoy it last year! ah well! We are so blessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Saw my first Christmas tree over the weekend. It was in Manchester in a Beefeater pub, they had it up to advertise their Christmas parties.
    Got my picture taken with it and all :)

Channel 369 on sky, Christmas Starz, the first music channel up and running on October 1st.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Channel 369 on sky, Christmas Starz, the first music channel up and running on October 1st.

Love it!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This is the last out of season month!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »

So are we going to officially close this on 1 Nov boss??

TRS30 wrote: »
    So are we going to officially close this on 1 Nov boss??

Usually around then, yeah :)

Usually around then, yeah :)

Straight into Christmas Tree pics thread :)

Only 30 days to the tv adverts!!

• Advertisement

Only 30 days to the tv adverts!!

To get you in the mood

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/christmas/christmas-adverts-best-john-lewis-sainsburys-marks-and-spencer-coca-cola-a8622341.html

'Holidays are coming, holidays are coming..........' (don't like the term 'Holidays' however love the song/ad)

To get you in the mood

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/christmas/christmas-adverts-best-john-lewis-sainsburys-marks-and-spencer-coca-cola-a8622341.html

'Holidays are coming, holidays are coming..........' (don't like the term 'Holidays' however love the song/ad)

Some good ones in there, but, you cant have a christmas top ten adverts list without the guinness one, otherwise its null and void!!!

On a more serious note, dont agree with the order of that list, but some are genuine classics.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

To get you in the mood

I've never seen the one with the Polish man learning English before! What a lovely ad

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

5605_c093_600.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Christmas songs on Sky already on channel 369

A pro tip for everyone, if you have room on your Virgin Media/Sky boxes, make sure you record a top 40 Christmas songs show on one of the music channels and record a regular show in December, that way you can have Christmas music and ads to rewatch all throughout 2020 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

A pro tip for everyone, if you have room on your Virgin Media/Sky boxes, make sure you record a top 40 Christmas songs show on one of the music channels and record a regular show in December, that way you can have Christmas music and ads to rewatch all throughout 2020 :)
    I'll have to delete the 64 episodes of The Pioneer Woman I have recorded so. :pac: She made mini Santa cheesecakes on the one I watched last night.

Having a coffee with that xmas music channel on in the background before heading to a site meeting, couldn't resist!!

Shaking Stevens on at the mo.... gas!

Already done last Christmas. :cool:

Posy wrote: »

Ditto.

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Ditto.

This is why I love ye guys :D

Was in the local Lidl and there had a fair few Christmas things :)

n31Lgeg.jpg?1

ZFqXVHp.jpg?1

mtKZ6u5.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Was in the local Lidl and there had a fair few Christmas things :)

https://ibb.co/YDp01j5 [url]

https://ibb.co/p2S3p8M[/url]

https://ibb.co/dp9Sb43

Ps. Can people see the pictures or just the links?? Am new to this photo uploading malarkey!

Just links for me!

Ps. Can people see the pictures or just the links?? Am new to this photo uploading malarkey!

Just the links for me too, & I'm sat at a PC FTR.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Links only.

You have to right-click on the images, select "copy image location" or whatever the equivalent is for your browser, then click on the little icon that looks like a painting of mountains and a yellow sky, and in the box paste the link you just copied. Make sure you have "https://" only once. Click ok, save, and Bob should be your uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I bought two ornaments for the tree today. Yes!!

New Home wrote: »
    Links only.

You have to right-click on the images, select "copy image location" or whatever the equivalent is for your browser, then click on the little icon that looks like a painting of mountains and a yellow sky, and in the box paste the link you just copied. Make sure you have "https://" only once. Click ok, save, and Bob should be your uncle.

Thanks.

Can you see them now??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They're blocked for me, but I'm at work.

Thanks.

Can you see them now??

Nope, no links or pictures now.

• Advertisement

I've fixed them up there now. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement