Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Options

Comments

You have a sex, you have a sexual preference. You don't have a gender. Wishing to be something you are not doesn't make it so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Another Sunday, another high level 'no-platforming' by st*newall and it's sneaky usurpers on various committees in the UK.
    Ireland, wake up.

https://twitter.com/BluskyeAllison/status/1264463616524406795?s=20

https://twitter.com/ProfAliceS/status/1264410821943230464?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

What gets them in trouble though, is their insistence that a woman, is an 'adult human female'.

That's radical ? :D

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Another Sunday, another high level 'no-platforming' by st*newall and it's sneaky usurpers on various committees in the UK.
    Ireland, wake up.

https://twitter.com/BluskyeAllison/status/1264463616524406795?s=20

https://twitter.com/ProfAliceS/status/1264410821943230464?s=20

Fair play to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

It's sad that violent rapists are being transferred to women's prisons and that young girls will have to share changing rooms with creepy men in drag, but it's what even sadder is that most women just blindly supported the lgbt movement. I suppose losing your rights is better than being accused of being bigoted.

You made your bed ladies.

Feminists are split on this topic actually and have been for a long time. And then there are plenty of women who don’t call themselves feminists who are concerned. In your schadenfreude, do any of these women get any consideration? You don’t seem to find it that sad. Otherwise you wouldn’t be dismissing the concerns of many women.

• Advertisement

I feel bad for all the young girls who be molested in the changing rooms by trans 'women'. But, most women are liberal and 'progressive' and now you have to deal with a reality where a rapist called 'Karen' was sent to a female prison, where women are not allowed express dissenting opinions and where soon men will dominate female sports.

Maybe you should have listened to us conservative white men? Sorrynotsorry.

Many feminists fought for sex-based rights and spaces. Objecting to biological males in the places protected by sex-based rights is entirely consistent with what they fought for. There’s no conflict there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Many feminists fought for sex-based rights and spaces. Objecting to biological males in the places protected by sex-based rights is entirely consistent with what they fought for. There’s no conflict there.

And many feminists believe that gender is a social construct imposed by a patriarchal society....this split was inevitable in feminism because a large percentage of them had a lot more in mind than "equality".

Feminists also spent years invading male only spaces with great success....if they haven't made this s##tstorm they provided all the wind necessary to take it to mainstream society, here we are!

And many feminists believe that gender is a social construct imposed by a patriarchal society....this split was inevitable in feminism because a large percentage of them had a lot more in mind than "equality".

Feminists also spent years invading male only spaces with great success....if they haven't made this s##tstorm they provided all the wind necessary to take it to mainstream society, here we are!

Like men only golf clubs and the like? Whilst I agree that there should be spaces where men can congregate without women and things like men only clubs should be allowed, it’s a bit different to having single sex spaces based on the physical differences between males and females (a physical difference that very few people have ever denied). The people opposed to the erosion of sex-based spaces are a varied bunch: men, women, some feminists, left-wing people, right wing people. With such a wide spread of objectors, it’s almost like this is a snafu of big proportions. Petty politics being brought up is pretty churlish when you consider that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I think men only and women only clubs should be perfectly acceptable to be honest. I remember attending a gym years ago, curves I think it was called, that was women only.
    If men want to have a men only golf club, I don’t see the big deal. I mean we have itsforwomen car insurance now they legally have to insure men too, but if a company set itself up as it just being for me there would be uproar. This isn’t equality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Like men only golf clubs and the like? Whilst I agree that there should be spaces where men can congregate without women and things like men only clubs should be allowed, it’s a bit different to having single sex spaces based on the physical differences between males and females (a physical difference that very few people have ever denied). The people opposed to the erosion of sex-based spaces are a varied bunch: men, women, some feminists, left-wing people, right wing people. With such a wide spread of objectors, it’s almost like this is a snafu of big proportions. Petty politics being brought up is pretty churlish when you consider that.

It's actually churlish to dismiss the impact of a lot of feminist gender theory in this issue, they have played a massive part in all of this...it is dividing the UK Labour Party as we speak...we can expect to see a bearded lady winning olympic gold in the not too distant future....they are already in womens prisons in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,681 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I feel bad for all the young girls who be molested in the changing rooms by trans 'women'. But, most women are liberal and 'progressive' and now you have to deal with a reality where a rapist called 'Karen' was sent to a female prison, where women are not allowed express dissenting opinions and where soon men will dominate female sports.

I don’t know where you get the idea that most women are liberal and progressive? For example in the US Presidential election, half of the voters who voted in favour of Donald Trump as opposed to Hillary Clinton were women -

The real 'shy Trump' vote - how 53% of white women pushed him to victory

Maybe you should have listened to us conservative white men? Sorrynotsorry.

Like who, Caitlyn Jenner?

No, I didn’t think so.

It's actually churlish to dismiss the impact of a lot of feminist gender theory in this issue, they have played a massive part in all of this...it is dividing the UK Labour Party as we speak...we can expect to see a bearded lady winning olympic gold in the not too distant future....they are already in womens prisons in the UK.

I’m well aware of all that. You were the who brought up male spaces. You can’t bring it up and expect the comparison to be left unanalysed. You know well that the concerns are about women in vulnerable situations.
    Too late. If you speak out now you're a 'terf', you're a bigot. If you're JK Rowling and you've made millions then you're safe but for the average woman, well it could be game over for your career.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the trans cult but it's part of the progress you wanted.

I don’t think it’s too late at all. There are actually people starting to speak out. Not just JK Rowling. There’ll be a tipping point where people will be fed up of it all and speak out en masse. They can’t all get fired. We don’t need to accept this. And weirdly, just at a time when feminism had achieved its goals, it’s now needed again due to the erosion of sex-based rights by trans rights activists, even bringing women who were long since disillusioned with feminism back into the fold.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I’m well aware of all that. You were the who brought up male spaces. You can’t bring it up and expect the comparison to be left unanalysed. You know well that the concerns are about women in vulnerable situations.

I don’t think it’s too late at all. There are actually people starting to speak out. Not just JK Rowling. There’ll be a tipping point where people will be fed up of it all and speak out en masse. They can’t all get fired. We don’t need to accept this. And weirdly, just at a time when feminism had achieved its goals, it’s now needed again due to the erosion of sex-based rights by trans rights activists, even bringing women who were long since disillusioned with feminism back into the fold.

It is starting to happen, thankfully, but those who speak out need to be brave. Look what happened to Martina Navratilova. Sharron Davies has been targeted too. They both dug in though, and thats whats important. TRAs are dangerous people, so it would be much easier to back down and recant. These women need to be supported.

keano_afc wrote: »
    It is starting to happen, thankfully, but those who speak out need to be brave. Look what happened to Martina Navratilova. Sharron Davies has been targeted too. They both dug in though, and thats whats important. TRAs are dangerous people, so it would be much easier to back down and recant. These women need to be supported.

The thing is, they do seem to have a lot of support amongst the general public but they are fighting institutions and that’s what makes it hard. But in the last few weeks, there have been some positive developments, with the questioning of what primary school children are being taught about gender identity in the UK being met with pushback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

I don't see how feminist theory of social construction has caused any of this, it seems to come from a different space altogether. After all Caitlyn Jenner was both biologically and socially constructed as a male.

FVP3 wrote: »
    I don't see how feminist theory of social construction has caused any of this, it seems to come from a different space altogether. After all Caitlyn Jenner was both biologically and socially constructed as a male.

I think, think, that the argument that Caitlyn Jenner was always a woman but Bruce was a man?

But that's the nebulous interpretation quagmire surrounding such things. For one hundred different examples, there can be 100 different expectations of how people would prefer to be addressed, treated or what specific sex based rights/benefits they expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

A wise man once described the whole thing as transubstantiation but for humans.

I’ve also heard it described as LARP, which I had to google. :pac::o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I don't attend mass because i can not bring myself to believe patently impossible things.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to lie to myself and the world around me in order to validate a tiny amount of people's view of themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Our own Greens, captured by an ideology cannot mention either girls or women in this lovely piece.
    I remember when the word 'period' was unmentionable, now it's factually biologically observed women/girls that are the 'unmentionables'
    Must keep up the delusion, must earn those points.

Of course, this applies to every single main party in Ireland captured by an illiterate, unscientific delusionary very much minority supported 'be kind but fcuk the clash of rights' ideology.
    https://twitter.com/cathmartingreen/status/1266038986864287744?s=20

• Advertisement

Honestly, the idea of there being a World Menstrual Hygiene Day makes me a tad queasy. Like, I doubt there’ll ever be an World Anal Cancer Day! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Our own Greens, captured by an ideology cannot mention either girls or women in this lovely piece.
    I remember when the word 'period' was unmentionable, now it's factually biologically observed women/girls that are the 'unmentionables'

Of course, this applies to every single main party in Ireland captured by an illiterate, unscientific delusionary very much minority supported 'be kind but fcuk the clash of rights' ideology.
    https://twitter.com/cathmartingreen/status/1266038986864287744?s=20

Makes me shiver but I also kinda like at the same time that it’s a reminder to those “guys” who want everyone to believe they are women that they are not and they never ever ever will be :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Theres no men at that celebration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Theres no men at that celebration

Did you just assume gender you obnoxious asshole??? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

Only worshipped within the TQ community. Plenty of gays, lesbians, and bisexuals are becoming fed up with the transgender movement for multiple reasons, not least because their definition of homosexual and subculture partially lies in the act of sex, which involves biological sex (penis vs vagina).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

What's the issue here? Its a biological issue amongst women which can cause pain and discomfort and impact on their quality of life - where's the problem raising the issue, maybe having some discussion around the availability and pricing of sanitary products?

Don't get me wrong, the issue is far more acute in poorer parts of the world where access to simple sanitary products is far more difficult and that has various health implications, but I see no issue with the topic being raised here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

What's the issue here? Its a biological issue amongst women which can cause pain and discomfort and impact on their quality of life - where's the problem raising the issue, maybe having some discussion around the availability and pricing of sanitary products?

Don't get me wrong, the issue is far more acute in poorer parts of the world where access to simple sanitary products is far more difficult and that has various health implications, but I see no issue with the topic being raised here.

She says it affects people in the tweet and avoids the use of women/girls, as in trans activists circles men can menstruate too (they can't). It's not the topic itself that people have a problem with.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

She says it affects people in the tweet and avoids the use of women/girls, as in trans activists circles men can menstruate too (they can't). It's not the topic itself that people have a problem with.

if i'm being charitable i think they might be thinking of f2m folk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

Ah I see, a most unusual hill for one to die on I would think.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Gotta be a troll job surely...
    The funniest part is that not a single person within that woke circle jerk is able to bring themselves to point out the sheer ridiculousness of a man who imagines himself to be a woman impoverishing himself by buying sanitary products for his imaginary period.

https://twitter.com/mxspiderthem/status/1266423587881332736

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement