Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,225 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

silverharp wrote: »
    There is certainly something iffy with parts of the Trans movement, kids are getting radicalized by the internet and sent down paths by so called professionals that they ought not be

It will go full circle. I'd say a large number of kids will take legal action against these groups when they are adults.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

silverharp wrote: »
    There is certainly something iffy with parts of the Trans movement, kids are getting radicalized by the internet and sent down paths by so called professionals that they ought not be

Yeah for sure giving kids puberty blockers is wrong imo.

Yeah for sure giving kids puberty blockers is wrong imo.

Puberty should not be suppressed due to the belief of a child.

Where does the line end when it comes to allowing a child to make life altering decisions?

Amputation? Tattoos? Cosmetic surgery?

Even contemplating allowing a child to choose their "gender" and modifying their body to conform to that is absurd at best and criminal at worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Puberty should not be suppressed due to the belief of a child.

Where does the line end when it comes to allowing a child to make life altering decisions?

Amputation? Tattoos? Cosmetic surgery?

Even contemplating allowing a child to choose their "gender" and modifying their body to conform to that is absurd at best and criminal at worst.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=513873&stc=1&d=1590145955

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Plus numerous hysterical posts calling me a Groomer and Paedophile and suggesting I actively support child abuse were deleted. It's laughable the attempts to deny this hysteria now.

You would be an apologist for any trans-movement regardless if it was or wasn't. I mean you think it's ok for men to be locked up with women as long as they self id as female, even if these self-id'd women are sex offenders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,873 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You would be an apologist for any trans-movement regardless if it was or wasn't. I mean you think it's ok for men to be locked up with women as long as they self id as female, even if these self-id'd women are sex offenders.

:pac::pac::pac:

You're making lies up

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

:pac::pac::pac:

You're making lies up

I am not. You are in favour of self-id'd trans-women (regardless of whether they have transitioned) being allowed to be housed with female inmates are you not?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,873 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I am not.

You are lying about me. :rolleyes:

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I’m pleasantly surprised if you do recognise that transgender rights and sex-based rights are in conflict in some areas.

Ofcouse you have selectively edited my post so as to not answer the question. I knew you would, because you are ok with biological male sex offenders being housed with women. You just don't want to admit it. Simple as.

When it comes to anything trans you are an apologist. It doesn't matter what an individual does or a group does, you will make excuses and engage in all kinds of deflection, which as someone earlier on pointed out does far more harm to your cause then good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I’m gay and a fan of drag and think this is disgusting. And you’ll find a lot of drag queens don’t agree with it at all and have said many times that drag is not for children to watch or partake in.

I’m gay and a fan of drag and think this is disgusting. And you’ll find a lot of drag queens don’t agree with it at all and have said many times that drag is not for children to watch or partake in.

It’s just... weird. I don’t care if that makes me sound like Helen Lovejoy. Maybe it’s coloured by the fact that drag queens are just not my thing. I don’t really enjoy the whole schtick. But I don’t think that’s it. It’s that it just seems like adult entertainment to me. People often say “but what about pantomimes!” but the difference is more in the words than the appearance. Drag acts generally make bawdy jokes. I have no doubt Desmond was exposed to a lot of age-inappropriate material. And another difference between pantomime characters and drag queens is that with drag queens, the costumes are way more sexualised.

It’s just... weird. I don’t care if that makes me sound like Helen Lovejoy. Maybe it’s coloured by the fact that drag queens are just not my thing. I don’t really enjoy the whole schtick. But I don’t think that’s it. It’s that it just seems like adult entertainment to me. People often say “but what about pantomimes!” but the difference is more in the words than the appearance. Drag acts generally make bawdy jokes. I have no doubt Desmond was exposed to a lot of age-inappropriate material. And another difference between pantomime characters and drag queens is that with drag queens, the costumes are way more sexualised.

Yeah you’re right. Pantomime is silly and the jokes are aimed at kids (I assume. Never actually seen one). Drag is overtly and inherently sexual in my opinion and should not involve kids.

Yeah you’re right. Pantomime is silly and the jokes are aimed at kids (I assume. Never actually seen one). Drag is overtly and inherently sexual in my opinion and should not involve kids.

And proud of it. :pac: Theres nothing wrong with it but it’s for adults!

With the whole drag queen story time, I just don’t know what being dressed that way brings to the storytelling. I once heard a library storyteller weigh in on this topic. She put it really well. She said that the storyteller is the frame and the story is the picture. She said she sometimes uses props but only sparingly. The focus should be on the story. I also heard a drag queen storyteller say that being dressed up helps to keep children interested. I thought “Mate, if you can’t keep children absorbed in the story, then it might not be the right job for you”. The best storytellers, who are the people who should be reading to kids, are able to hold their interest without gimmicks. Indeed, being dressed loudly might pull children out of the story. I just don’t get it. I guess this makes me Mary Whitehouse.

And proud of it. :pac: Theres nothing wrong with it but it’s for adults!

With the whole drag queen story time, I just don’t know what being dressed that way brings to the storytelling. I once heard a library storyteller weigh in on this topic. She put it really well. She said that the storyteller is the frame and the story is the picture. She said she sometimes uses props but only sparingly. The focus should be on the story. I also heard a drag queen storyteller say that being dressed up helps to keep children interested. I thought “Mate, if you can’t keep children absorbed in the story, then it might not be the right job for you”. The best storytellers, who are the people who should be reading to kids, are able to hold their interest without gimmicks. Indeed, being dressed loudly might pull children out of the story. I just don’t get it. I guess this makes me Mary Whitehouse.

Actually the drag story time or whatever I think is nothing other than parents falling over themselves to make themselves look more progressive than other parents. The kids don’t care, it’s the parents who care. It’s exclusive to certain areas in America and just wouldn’t happen here as it makes no sense and no one would be interested. I don’t think kids would even realise it was a drag queen telling the story unless the parents told them, they wouldn’t question it.

Actually the drag story time or whatever I think is nothing other than parents falling over themselves to make themselves look more progressive than other parents. The kids don’t care, it’s the parents who care. It’s exclusive to certain areas in America and just wouldn’t happen here as it makes no sense and no one would be interested. I don’t think kids would even realise it was a drag queen telling the story unless the parents told them, they wouldn’t question it.

Oh, it was going to happen here! But I believe it didn’t go ahead in the end.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/drag-storytelling-event-for-children-cancelled-due-to-degrading-comments-1.3861377?mode=amp

https://amp.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/dublin-council-criticised-after-cancelling-drag-storytelling-event-917953.html

The Irish Times seemed to go with the slant that it was cancelled due to bigotry.

Maybe bigotry, maybe lack of interest. Either way I’m glad it didn’t go ahead!

Maybe bigotry, maybe lack of interest. Either way I’m glad it didn’t go ahead!

I do think that lack of interest could be a big factor. I don’t know anyone who would bring their kids to that event. I agree it’s more about the parents than the kids.

Quite a few have happened in the UK though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

https://www.thejournal.ie/drag-storytelling-4592228-Apr2019/

They tried to do it here but thankfully it was cancelled.

The library behaved pretty poorly from start to finish. They only cancelled after pressure from parents. When they cancelled, they sent out an entirely reasonable tweet saying "Glitter Hole" were not the type of act they wanted in the library. A few hours later, that tweet was deleted and the story of "online abuse" emerged as the reason for cancellation. Someone obviously got to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

UK civil service is beginning to speak out publicly about the total capture and underhand nature of that capture by the likes of st*newall and the myriad now publicly funded 'trans' exclusive 'LGBT+++' orgs
    Govt, unis, police and corporates chasing paid 'badges', paid 'courses' and crushing of any dissent are being held to account and queried publicly.
    'Trans Toolkits' about to be delivered by 'trainers' of these orgs in UK schools now deemed possibly illegal and now being dropped by education councils across the UK - that one took a 14 year old girl with her parents backing to achieve despite the absolute pillorying of her in the alphabet soup media and twittersphere.
    Exposure of exactly who, what, where and why designed the 'diversity' sex training for schools is happening.
    The upsurge in TRA calls for *women* questioning the cult within Labour UK to be expelled no less, is ramping up.

Hopefully, genuinely dysphoric people will get the varied and correct treatments instead of the the blind affirmation prompted by an erroneous underhand queer theory backed cult which has so blurred the term trans that AGPs, transvestites, fetishists etc are now considered to be covered by actual law. (Hint, they aren't)

After all, if they abolish sex (which they erroneoulsy omit in their countrywide 'training'), women cannot be heard from again.

Ireland really needs to step up to the plate.

PS Not forgetting the blatant homophoibc gaslighting of LGB people - telling them they are 'transphobic' for being same-sex attracted.
    The new st*newall term is 'gender-attracted'.
    These are not for LGB people.

• Advertisement
  • Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: Last batch of off topic posts removed. If you're going to accuse someone of lying or misrepresenting the truth, back it up with some form of evidence or don't post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

Yeh Pantomime and men dressing up as women ( generally ugly sisters) is a long running tradition with no overt ( but some covert for the adults) sexuality. It's fine.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    UK civil service is beginning to speak out publicly about the total capture and underhand nature of that capture by the likes of st*newall and the myriad now publicly funded 'trans' exclusive 'LGBT+++' orgs
    Govt, unis, police and corporates chasing paid 'badges', paid 'courses' and crushing of any dissent are being held to account and queried publicly.
    'Trans Toolkits' about to be delivered by 'trainers' of these orgs in UK schools now deemed possibly illegal and now being dropped by education councils across the UK - that one took a 14 year old girl with her parents backing to achieve despite the absolute pillorying of her in the alphabet soup media and twittersphere.
    Exposure of exactly who, what, where and why designed the 'diversity' sex training for schools is happening.
    The upsurge in TRA calls for *women* questioning the cult within Labour UK to be expelled no less, is ramping up.

That girl and the three teenagers in Connecticut going to court over their sex-based rights have my full admiration. Especially the Connecticut girls who have put their names out there. No doubt they have received hate for it.

But isn’t it kind of shitty that it’s come to this, where it’s left to teenagers to challenge this stuff? Where the hell are the adults gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

That girl and the three teenagers in Connecticut going to court over their sex-based rights have my full admiration. Especially the Connecticut girls who have put their names out there. No doubt they have received hate for it.

But isn’t it kind of shitty that it’s come to this, where it’s left to teenagers to challenge this stuff? Where the hell are the adults gone?

Well...straight white men can't touch it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

They're in the library.

And not in a good way.

Well...straight white men can't touch it...

We are now at the stage where radical feminists can't touch it either.

'TERF' - what a load of ordure.

The TERF slogan is so moronic. As is the accusation that if you oppose any of this, you are either a TERF or far-right. If you look at the (few) people who speak out, some are old school lefties, some aren’t feminists of any description. Yes, there are some radical feminists and right wingers too but the people interested in fighting for the preservation of sex-based rights are greatly varied.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Don't radical feminists believe that gender is a social construct?...a social construct imposed by the patriarchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,686 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

It’s not being left to teenagers to challenge this stuff? They’re being represented by their mothers who have now been joined by an organisation called Alliance Defending Freedom in taking their case against Connecticut Association of Schools to the District Court in Connecticut -

ADF sues Connecticut for letting trans girls compete in high school sports

Using your own rationale, it’s equally shìtty that teenagers are having to argue that according to both equality legislation in Connecticut and Title IX federal law, they have a right to compete in female athletics and not be subjected to sex discrimination (neither Connecticut equality legislation nor federal law makes the same distinction you do between sex and gender).

All of the teenagers involved have had their names put out there, and no doubt all of them will have received hate, and indeed as demonstrated above - plenty of people falling over themselves to support them too.

• Advertisement

Don't radical feminists believe that gender is a social construct?...a social construct imposed by the patriarchy.

What gets them in trouble though, is their insistence that a woman, is an 'adult human female'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement