Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

FFS Brian? Step away from the computer and have a long walk and a good think to yourself.

No. How about you make an actual point instead of trying to be a moral authority?

I made a joke. Everyone needs to stop being so ****ing outraged by things they don’t like or agree with.

Some people are entertained by a young fella dancing around pretending to be Gwen Stefani. Get over it. You can dislike something without the outrage.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

This shıt is bananas

Brilliant.

they/them/theirs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Brian? wrote: »
    Some people are entertained by a young fella dancing around pretending to be Gwen Stefani. Get over it. You can dislike something without the outrage.
    Does it take much effort to be that blinkered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

No. How about you make an actual point instead of trying to be a moral authority?

I made a joke. Everyone needs to stop being so ****ing outraged by things they don’t like or agree with.

Your making excuses as to why the whoring out this 11 year old boy is ok.

By comparing it with the Barry Kids on the late late toy show, it's so ridiculous and you want me to try and make a point as to why it isn't. Cope on.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    In fairness, there are lots of comments made about those too. In fact, I would say most people would be against those. I can't imagine an article proclaiming how great the pageants are appearing in a mainstream media source or the participants and their parents being lauded on national television. They are usually the subject of ridicule, if not outrage, and rightly so imo.

How come it's ok to question child beauty pageants but questioning this means you're a raging right wing bigot?

Who’s accusing people of being right wing bigots?

Child pageants are stupid. This is stupid. People on this thread are outraged about one. That’s stupid.

I find neither entertaining and neither outrageous. It’s incredibly hypocritical to say if it was a girl the more left wing amongst us would be outraged when critiquing this young fella. When pageants continue with little outrage. This is my point.

I do envy his ability to dance like Gwen Stefani though. I wish

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jumbo2018

I don’t think they less sexualised. They just confirm to heterosexual norms in terms of sexualisation.

I was being a bit glib in my argument. But I firmly believe what really makes people uncomfortable is the face it’s a young boy and gay audiences. It grates against current social norms. There is still a wide spread association between bring gay and being a pederast, which is completely inaccurate.

So a young girl wearing very little and dancing in front of a crowd of men who are throwing money at her would be perfectly acceptable?

cdeb wrote: »
    Does it take much effort to be that blinkered?

Nah. It simple enough. You just don’t get outraged by stuff you see on the internet. It’s really that easy.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Dancing around pretending to be Gwen Stefani.

Doesn't matter who he's impersonating ,he's a young boy being used a sudopeodo entertainment in a gay club ,
    This is not pageantry this is pure man /boy fantasy ,
    I don't agree with pageants or anything like it either and this is nothing to do with straight Vs gay ,
    This is wrong on every level

Nah. It simple enough. You just don’t get outraged by stuff you see on the internet. It’s really that easy.
    So you apologise for it and then afterwards claim you were only joking?

Gotcha

Can't believe people are actually trying to defend this.

• Advertisement

Your making excuses as to why the whoring out this 11 year old boy is ok.

I am not. If the child was being whored out I’m be extremely angry no one was arrested for it. This child isn’t being whored out though is he?

You can’t change the meaning of a word to fuel your righteous indignation.

By comparing it with the Barry Kids on the late late toy show, it's so ridiculous and you want me to try and make a point as to why it isn't. Cope on.

I’m coping well thanks. A little heart burn, but otherwise good. You?

It was a joke. Turn down your outrage

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

We maybe in the minority but we believe there is nothing wrong with what he is doing.

Jumbo2018 wrote: »
    So a young girl wearing very little and dancing in front of a crowd of men who are throwing money at her would be perfectly acceptable?

I’m not a moral authority. It’s not up to me what’s unacceptable. If it’s legal, what can I do?

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

So in summary; we aren't allowed to get angry by this as we shouldn't be outraged by things we read on the internet. Even though it's a factual story regarding an eleven year old boy dressing in drag and dancing for a club full of adults.

Can people be that blinded by their ideology?

So in summary; we aren't allowed to get angry by this as we shouldn't be outraged by things we read on the internet. Even though it's a factual story regarding an eleven year old boy dressing in drag and dancing for a club full of adults.

I think the outrage is a bit much. Yes.
    Can people be that in blinded by their ideology?

What ideology?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Not quite that simple though is it? Where is it taking place. Why are they throwing money at him in the same seedy fashion that a stripper gets it?

It is outrageous tbh and I'm glad the majority on here feel the same way. Restores your faith a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

We maybe in the minority but we believe there is nothing wrong with what he is doing.

So you would also be ok with an 11 year old girl performing for adult men in a club who were throwing money at her? After all that's the norm in strip clubs isn't it? Why do you think there is nothing wrong with the sexualisation of children?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It's the usual story.. ideology and the need to show "progressive" they are, over basic cop on.

Anyone trying to defend the subject of this thread needs to have a serious look at themselves. These are impressionable and vulnerable children that are being exploited, end of.

It's wrong, and investigations and charges should follow. No amount of virtue-signalling crapology will change that

Damn right you're in the minority.

Thankfully it's literally one or two people only. Thankfully.

• Advertisement

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    So you would also be ok with an 11 year old girl performing for adult men in a club who were throwing money at her? After all that's the norm in strip clubs isn't it? Why do you think there is nothing wrong with the sexualisation of children?

No because it is not the same thing, in this case he is performing as a drag queen I don't see how a girl can perform that role since it involves a male dressing up as a female and performing for an audience. I don't see him performing as the sexualisation of a child therefore, I see nothing wrong with it.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Not quite that simple though is it? Where is it taking place. Why are they throwing money at him in the same seedy fashion that a stripper gets it?

Yes it is, IMO. In a gay club in the Bronx, or so someone said earlier. Because that’s how drag performers earn money in NY clubs.
    It is outrageous tbh and I'm glad the majority on here feel the same way. Restores your faith a bit.

It being outrageous is a matter of opinion. Not an objective fact.

they/them/theirs

So in summary; we aren't allowed to get angry by this as we shouldn't be outraged by things we read on the internet.

Yeah, that was a real weak style of debate from that poster actually. News,events and social happenings illicit reactions and responses all the time.

. But I firmly believe what really makes people uncomfortable is the face it’s a young boy and gay audiences. It grates against current social norms.

I think most people would react the same if an 11 year old girl was dancing & grating sexily for an audience of grown men.
    Nothing to do with gay, straight or whatever, everything to do with child protection

No because it is not the same thing, in this case he is performing as a drag queen I don't see how a girl can perform that role since it involves a male dressing up as a female and performing for an audience. I don't see him performing as the sexualisation of a child therefore, I see nothing wrong with it.
    Why isn't he performing as a table dancer, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jumbo2018

Yes it is, IMO. In a gay club in the Bronx, or so someone said earlier. Because that’s how drag performers earn money in NY clubs.

But this is an 11 year old boy.

Bit different than a regular drag performer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Omackeral wrote: »
    Thankfully it's literally one or two people only. Thankfully.

Have you seen other threads on transgender children. There are more than one or two on boards who believe in very few limits to what children can do. There is quite a cohort actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

I
    So in your opinion, it isn't outrageous? Nothing wrong with it either?

What had paedophilia got to do with this thread?

FFS Brian. It's a valid point to explore and discuss. You're being obtuse.

• Advertisement

cdeb wrote: »
    Why isn't he performing as a table dancer, eh?

My knowledge of strip clubs is fairly limited barring a few adventures as a young man. Maybe you could enlighten me?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement