Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Brian? wrote: »
    Are you saying everyone should force themselves to think critically up to the point where they take a moral stance? Generally interested

Nope. You literally quoted in your post where I said you needn't take a moral stance at all - I'm saying not engaging with an issue because you think (rightly or wrongly) it might require the adoption of a moral stance is cowardly

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Please do.

Either...

1) You genuinely see no issue here with the exploitation of a vulnerable child for the sexual titilation of grown adults

As I said, I don’t believe the child is being exploited for the sexual titilation of adults.

If I did I would say it’s wrong and also be angry.

Gay men are not aroused by children any more than straight men or women are aroused by children.
    ]

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Here's the number for the Department of Social Protection if you think someone you know might be open to letting their children gyrate on a stage for tips for a group of adults

(01) 462 9400

Nope. You literally quoted in your post where I said you needn't take a moral stance at all - I'm saying not engaging with an issue because you think (rightly or wrongly) it might require the adoption of a moral stance is cowardly

Ok. Fair enough. Let me think about that.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

As I said, I don’t believe the child is being exploited for the sexual titilation of adults.

If I did I would say it’s wrong and also be angry.

Gay men are not aroused by children any more than straight men or women are aroused by children.
    ]

But some are actually aroused by children ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Probably has been said already but just wanted to point out this is degenerate nonce behaviour and the young lad’s parents need a box.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

batgoat wrote: »
    Yep, this sort of strikes me in the same vein as child beauty contests and teenagers going go-go dancing. It's incredibly bad parenting to send their kids out to clubs doing this stuff but it's not got anything to do with being LGBT.

Absolutely.
    The so-called Beauty Pagents give me the heebie geebies.

Trying to find clothes for my granddaughter that weren't all cutesy with a touch of sexy but were warm and gave her the option of climbing a tree or kicking a ball or being in anyway physically active used to drive me to distraction.
    People would say - oh, your dressing your granddaughter like a boy because you are a lesbian (wut?!?). It was even suggested I was trying to turn her into a lesbian (WUT?!?!). She was wearing jeans and wellies ffs because she liked playing outside.

I hate the sexualisation of children. Let them be children.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Actually why was a mod warning put in place can anyone tell me

"The truth is, Desmond is a professional drag performer. No one forces him to perform, performing is what he loves to do and has always loved to do."

The truth is, Desmond is a child and is gyrating and twerking in front of adult customers while being let down monumentally by his parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Zorya wrote: »
    Have you seen other threads on transgender children. There are more than one or two on boards who believe in very few limits to what children can do. There is quite a cohort actually.

Sick people everywhere. That's why children have to be protected. There's a cohort trying very hard to pull down the boundaries. We all need to be alert.

• Advertisement

FTA69 wrote: »
    Probably has been said already but just wanted to point out this is degenerate nonce behaviour and the young lad’s parents need a box.

That's really the whole lot summed up.

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Why do you think it’s wrong?

You think it's wrong also. I can guarantee you you do. You are just looking to be the thread protagonist at this stage. Sadly it is working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

I don’t think they less sexualised. They just confirm to heterosexual norms in terms of sexualisation.

They are less sexualised. No half naked twerking. The bill Barry kids aren’t sexualised at all. They just perform.
    I was being a bit glib in my argument. But I firmly believe what really makes people uncomfortable is the face it’s a young boy and gay audiences. It grates against current social norms. There is still a wide spread association between bring gay and being a pederast, which is completely inaccurate.

What makes people uncomfortable is the hyper sexualisation of the child, not “heterosexual norms”. Whatever that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

So I’m insane by your implication?

i reminded of Dara O'Briain's comment "There's a line in the sand and you can't even see the line in the sand!" :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

Define predators?

Boards.ie should really consider if Brian is the type of person they should have 'moderating' topics like this.

Define predators?

Like Aliens, but with dreadlocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Why do you think it’s wrong?

Because it’s the sexualisation of a child for f*ck’s sake. During one act he was mimicking a stripper and the crowd were throwing dollar bills at him, at 4am in the morning.

Is that the sort of environment you think an 11 year old should be in? Come on man. If it was a little girl parading on stage too to hooting men throwing money at her I’d be equally as disgusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Omackeral wrote: »
    The truth is, Desmond is a child and is gyrating and twerking in front of adult customers while being let down monumentally by his parents.

That's your version of events that doesn't make it the facts or the truth in this case. Despite what you may believe the truth or facts of the situation are.

They are less sexualised. No half naked twerking. The bill Barry kids aren’t sexualised at all. They just perform.

What makes people uncomfortable is the hyper sexualisation of the child, not “heterosexual norms”. Whatever that means.

I was joking about the Billy Barry kids.

You seem interested in genuine debate, unlike most. But I’m too tired. So I’ll apologise and leave it here. Sorry.

they/them/theirs

You think it's wrong also. I can guarantee you you do. You are just looking to be the thread protagonist at this stage. Sadly it is working.

''Answering'' a straight up question with a question instead of just having the courtesy to oblige.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Ultros

Some real twisted sickos in this world, I think this thread is evidence of that.

Boards.ie should really consider if Brian is the type of person they should have 'moderating' topics like this.

He's not moderating this, thankfully. Would be very worrying if he was.

I don’t moderate topics like this. Thankfully.

So you can calm that bit of outrage down.

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Maybe because it's what he wants to do and he's pursuing that by performing as a drag queen.

"The truth is, Desmond is a professional drag performer. No one forces him to perform, performing is what he loves to do and has always loved to do."

Ha! You honestly believe a kid that has just turned 11, has been proclaimed by his parents as gay from the age of 3 and moulded into this lifestyle of crossdressing and dancing half naked in gay nightclubs has had no inkling of influence by a certain 2 people in his life!

I’m off to sleep. That’s what I think.

they/them/theirs

Omackeral wrote: »
    That's your version of events that doesn't make it the facts or the truth in this case. Despite what you may believe the truth or facts of the situation are.

Actually, the first part is pretty much absolute fact. He's a child. He's twerking in front of adult customers. They are facts whether you or the questionable Brian like it or not. The second part about his folks letting him down is my opinion.

I was joking about the Billy Barry kids.

You seem interested in genuine debate, unlike most. But I’m too tired. So I’ll apologise and leave it here. Sorry.

That auld tolerance takes it out of you! Sweet dreams of twerking kids pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

I don’t moderate topics like this. Thankfully.

So you can calm that bit of outrage down.

Do I sound outraged? Opinions are all valid to a point, but it shows a very worrying side to your personality that you are defending that video. I would question anyone who thinks that it is reasonable behaviour and I would hate to think that they have the power to moderate any conversation when their worldview is so skewed. Sickening.

Do I sound outraged? Opinions are all valid to a point, but it shows a very worrying side to your personality that you are defending that video. I would question anyone who thinks that it is reasonable behaviour and I would hate to think that they have the power to moderate any conversation when their worldview is so skewed. Sickening.

Yes. You do sound outraged. The “sickening” at the end is a real give away.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Ha! You honestly believe a kid that has just turned 11, has been proclaimed by his parents as gay from the age of 3 and moulded into this lifestyle of crossdressing and dancing half naked has had no inkling of influence by a certain 2 people in his life!

Yes I do, how do you know he hasn't been doing some kind of performance from an early age? and now he has been given the opportunity to perform for other people and potentially earn a living from it. You're assuming his parents are responsible for all of this yet you have no proof of this, why is it so hard for people to believe that this is what he wants to do and isn't being forced into doing it by his parents.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement