Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starbucks in Tallaght Hospital

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,612 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Thermos flask

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

no, i shouldnt think such a company like that would....

Just Spar and Starbucks? What about Costa? Where do you stand on them? Or Caffe Nro. Who do you want the freebies off again? I know it was in your other thread but you got that zapped so I can't remember where you think it's ok to beg or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Omackeral wrote: »
    Just Spar and Starbucks? What about Costa? Where do you stand on them? Or Caffe Nro. Who do you want the freebies off again? I know it was in your other thread but you got that zapped so I can't remember where you think it's ok to beg or not.

dont concern yourself so much with it lad ... toddle off and play with your scalextric you got for christmas .... :D

dont concern yourself so much with it lad ... toddle off and play with your scalextric you got for christmas .... :D

Tell your missus I said thanks for that btw, very thoughtful of her. I'll give her a fairy cake to take home for you next time she pops around.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Inside Andy’s brain

tenor.gif

Reality

ba3573bc19f447baab5756c43a9221db.gif

• Advertisement

Tell your missus I said thanks for that btw, very thoughtful of her. I'll give her a fairy cake to take home for you next time she pops around.

she's back at kindergarten next week you can give her the fairy cake the ....

You realise that makes you sound like a nonce. Good man Andy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

tenor.gif?itemid=5126158

You realise that makes you sound like a nonce. Good man Andy.

in your head / Omackeral's world...

you sound insane though so no-one will believe you ...

I hate it when mummy and daddy fight.

Or daddy and daddy. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Dude.

Time to get off the internet.

When you get to the stage of calling yourself a paedophile in order to slag someone else off, it's gone beyond time to log off for the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Candie wrote: »
    I hate it when mummy and daddy fight.

Or daddy and daddy. :(

Me too. It makes my tummy feel funny. :( Just shtaaahhhhhppppppp, would ye.

in your head / Omackeral's world...

you sound insane though so no-one will believe you ...

9Ssmn4e.gif

Ha ha ha you are priceless. Catch you on the next phenomenal thread. Shine on you crazy diamond!!!

It's only the 4th of January and you've already ruined Christmas!

Andy, maybe have a long think about your threads before you start them. Or before you talk about your Mrs going to kindergarten.

sick in the head people - I meant as in my mrs being a Kindergarten teacher !

I really dont know how some peoples minds are wired! :confused:

Stop digging. Seriously.

You remind me so much of Teddy Tedson (if I remember his username correctly). :pac:

sick in the head people - I meant as in my mrs being a Kindergarten teacher !

I really dont know how some peoples minds are wired! :confused:

People know that, it's just a little ribbing that you weren't taking in.

Do have a good mull over potential threads though, it can't be fun having to backtrack on your meaning all the time! There's a new year resolution for you!

Stop digging. Seriously.

Ku_bFkdE-Q-t4wLkg7La2Mg-qtA=.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

highdef wrote: »
    I don't think the purchase of coffee is mandatory when visiting someone in hospital. I've never bought a coffee in a hospital. Have brought stuff in with me alright but never felt compelled to use the facilities within any hospital campus.
    True, and them being there is a benefit to those who want/need them - if they serve no purpose, they'll just close it down. I've taken multiple trips to ER over here in Canada with a health issue the girlfriend has been having in recent months, some in the evenings/nights and without time to prepare stuff, and was extremely grateful to see a Tim Hortons/2nd Cup/etc on site or directly across the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Dont know about here, but in the UK the Coffee Chains pay the NHS good money the set up in their hospitals, not that anyone is being forced to buy from them or any of the other hospital coffee docks or resturants, be it maintained/supplied/managed by in or out of house managment.

Infact, nothing to stop you bringing in your own food/tea/coffee, hence why you will often see a microwave or two for your own use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Yours are especially sh*te and mundane though. People need to know. Some examples;

"Being woken up by the birds"

"People wearing glasses that don't suit them"

"Should people who have colds wear masks?"

:):D Love it ;)

i'd like to explore this 'no-one is forcing you to use it' - if the other eating establishments are closed (say like the volunteer cafe or whatever it is) and the only thing open to you is the Starbucks one then you have no choice if you are dying for a cuppa and a bite to eat ... well yes you could bring your own food in say a flask and a tupperware container , but I would hardly see any place up there allowing you to get out your sarnies and eat them in the cafe where they already sell food ... that is the norm normally.

So, options are find the vending machine and see if its working or walk outside the hospital across the road and eat there . - I personally will be trying to avoid the restaurant next time i am up there if i can but that's just me , i am just glad i have been fore-warned by some people who said it was not only expensive but cr@p quality food and quality.

Its not my job to tell people where to eat and who to avoid or what to do with their lives - I am as usual just sharing my findings and giving just my point of view. Just seems some people are getting their knickers in a twist over it so much that I dunno why I bothered contributing (listens to cries of 'no, we dont know why you bothered as well Andy" ) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Andy, you must have very little to worry about if you're so passionate about this.

But Andy you want Starbucks gone from the hospital. That'd mean after 3pm, people have NO options at all if they're hungry or want coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭SteM

So what are your requirements Andy? You mentioned earlier an independent coffee shop but any vendor that opens in a place like a hospital will have a high rental cost leading to high prices.

Honestly, if you're in the car then the square is 2 minutes drive away and has a choice of places to eat and drink (including a starbucks) so just go there.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Andy, you must have very little to worry about if you're so passionate about this.

no, please peeps try and get the terminology right ... I am not worried about it ! -- not even passionate about it either. - I am just discussing that I think the likes of these type of coffee places should be confined to shopping centres, retail parks for when people go out for a days shopping. I personally still do not think they are places for hospitals .. but if others think they are suitable , then fair enough. Be stupid if we all had the same views about everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

But Andy you want Starbucks gone from the hospital. That'd mean after 3pm, people have NO options at all if they're hungry or want coffee.
    Shop there sells coffee until they close at 10pm.

nope - if you read a few posts up I said maybe they could have put the tender out to an independent / cheaper non chain coffee shop business

Sometimes I do get the impression people hear what they only want to hear .. or just read something and make up their own version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I feel like Andy is getting a hard time here. Although I think it’s nice to have a selection of eating/drinking outlets in a hospital, the arrival of Starbucks and similar brands does feel only a small step away from adverts on hospital trolleys and operations sponsored by McDs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭SteM

nope - if you read a few posts up I said maybe they could have put the tender out to an independent / cheaper non chain coffee shop business

They put the location up for tender, are you saying it should only be up for tender to non-chains? Why do you think that would make things cheaper? Generally things are dearer in independent shops, don't see why a coffee shop would be different?

Advertisement