Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starbucks in Tallaght Hospital

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,765 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Sounds depressing as fcuk

Well us old wans grew up with a plain ol cup of tea and a cake or a biscuit in the hospital cafe or plain sandwich and we didn't turn out too bad now, what makes you think the snowflakes of today couldn't survive without a Costa or Starbucks if they visited someone in hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Sounds depressing as fcuk

Well us old wans grew up with a plain ol cup of tea and a cake or a biscuit in the hospital cafe or plain sandwich and we didn't turn out too bad now, what makes you think the snowflakes of today couldn't survive without a Costa or Starbucks if they visited someone in hospital?
    True

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Chinasea wrote: »
    See if they sell full-stops, capital letters and the odd coma.

Rule 1 when playing grammar police. Know how to spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hoboo wrote: »
    Rule 1 when playing grammar police. Know how to spell.

Gave me a smile on a bad day though !

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

lawred2 wrote: »
    What's the problem?

If you're that bothered, go to the supermarket before the hospital.

He would no t have so much fun as starting this thread though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Omackeral wrote: »
    Honestly, it gets worse. Here's the thread. Starts off saying it's only banter but ends up fully believing a regular customer should be entitled to a freebie after spending his hard earned dosh. Whole thread is a car crash.

Ah some sensitive soul went and nuked this entire thread from existence. How touchy!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Why are you calling people snowflakes? Who said they wouldn’t survive? Times move on Andy. The only one on here complaining and lamenting for times gone by is yourself so remind me again who the snowflake is.
    No one is stopping you from setting up a fairy cake stall if that’s what your heart wants

Ah some sensitive soul went and nuked this entire thread from existence. How touchy!

There’s still this gem though..
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057923814/1
    No a&e for self inflicted injuries but at least you’ll get a fairy cake on arrival before you’re turned away

There’s still this gem though..
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057923814/1
    No a&e for self inflicted injuries but at least you’ll get a fairy cake on arrival before you’re turned away

Jaysis! Andy, why not get this one deleted as well, it's as bad as the stingey coffee banter one!

Jaysis! Andy, why not get this one deleted as well, it's as bad as the stingey coffee banter one!

are you back at primary school next week Omackeral ? - you must be because you sound so childish, and what you are doing seems childish :D

i dunno what fun you are getting out of going of topic and re-posting - please do explain to me what fun you are getting so i can try understand how your mind works?

• Advertisement

are you back at primary school next week Omackeral ? - you must be because you sound so childish, and what you are doing seems childish :D

i dunno what fun you are getting out of going of topic and re-posting - please do explain to me what fun you are getting so i can try understand how your mind works?

Have a fairy cake and some stewed tea and relax

Oh sick burn girlfriend! Just asking if you're going to get all your past threads deleted. Simple enough enquiry.

Have a fairy cake and some stewed tea and relax

i am quite relaxed thanks - if i were any more relaxed i would be asleep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭SteM

Like it or not Andy, in my mind anyway, you have become synonymous with a certain style of posting on Boards that transcends threads. Someone was going to point it out sooner or later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Id imagine based on your posting style that I'm probably older than you and you know what?

When I was stuck in hospital, it was a bloody godsend having a coffee shop I could slowly hobble down to or have a family member bring me in a chair to, to get a coffee when I chose instead of when nurses came around, and to get out of the room for ten minutes.

It's not just about visitors. Getting out of the poxy hospital room for twenty minutes is amazing when you're incapable of walking around for most of the day.

Have you started any threads on your dreams yet? Could be an idea...

Like most of us here so

if its OK with you Omackeral (God) I think I might nuke some more of my threads I have started on Boards in the past - is that OK with you, only I do want to check with you first before I do ;)

if its OK with you Omackeral (God) I think I might nuke some more of my threads I have started on Boards in the past - is that OK with you, only I do want to check with you first before I do ;)

That's Mr. Omackeral to you.

Id imagine based on your posting style that I'm probably older than you and you know what?

When I was stuck in hospital, it was a bloody godsend having a coffee shop I could slowly hobble down to or have a family member bring me in a chair to, to get a coffee when I chose instead of when nurses came around, and to get out of the room for ten minutes.

It's not just about visitors. Getting out of the poxy hospital room for twenty minutes is amazing when you're incapable of walking around for most of the day.

i'm not disputing that fact - every hospital must have a public canteen/cafe.

I am saying personally (and I dont expect everyone to share my views of course) - I just dont think a Hospital (especially a HSE one) should have a franchise of a Starbucks / Costa or whatever in it - just an independant run one maybe at reasonable prices and value for money food and drink.

So was it the Starbucks one you hobbled to?

• Advertisement

I am saying personally (and I dont expect everyone to share my views of course) - I just dont think a Hospital (especially a HSE one) should have a franchise of a Starbucks / Costa or whatever in it - just an independant run one maybe at reasonable prices and value for money food and drink.

Do you think they they should give out free refills if you spend over 5 Euro? For customer service relations like.

I just dont think a Hospital (especially a HSE one) should have a franchise of a Starbucks / Costa or whatever in it - just an independant run one maybe at reasonable prices and value for money food and drink.

If you’ve ever had the misfortune of being in hospital, been on their system or just visiting someone inside I can assure you that being pissed off that there’s a Starbucks on site would take up approximately 0% of anybody’s list of things to get annoyed about. You know you can just walk straight past if it’s no interest to you? You’re a strange fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Pass by Starbucks and go down to A and E and see patients lying on a cold corridor on trollies and use your energy on being enraged for them . Seriously just get a grip because their are real reasons to get annoyed at the HSE

If you’ve ever had the misfortune of being in hospital, been on their system or just visiting someone inside I can assure you that being pissed off that there’s a Starbucks on site would take up approximately 0% of anybody’s list of things to get annoyed about. You know you can just walk straight past if it’s no interest to you? You’re a strange fish.

Your strange too. Save you 'what is wrong with the HSE" for another discussion why don't you. I am discussing about the cafes in hospital. Am sure there are plenty of other discussions on boards about beds in corridors and no hospital beds available. If you don't like my threads or don't agree you can always walk on by lol ;) (or whatever the equivalent you do on boards when you don't agree with something)

Your strange too. Save you 'what is wrong with the HSE" for another discussion why don't you. I am discussing about the cafes in hospital. Am sure there are plenty of other discussions on boards about beds in corridors and no hospital beds available. If you don't like my threads or don't agree you can always walk on by lol ;) (or whatever the equivalent you do on boards when you don't agree with something)

Haven’t you somewhere to be? Those fairy cakes won’t make themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Jaysis, all the An(d)imus on this thread.

mug-throw-big-lebowski.gif?ssl=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Nope it wasn't Starbucks, I wouldn't drink that muck. It was just as expensive though. Those few minutes each day kept me sane, I'd happily pay as much as a tenner for that the next time I'm stuck in hospital.

I'd actually love if they had a Costa in my hospital when I go back for my next operation, at least I like their coffee :D

Do you think they they should give out free refills if you spend over 5 Euro? For customer service relations like.

no, i shouldnt think such a company like that would....

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Pass by Starbucks and go down to A and E and see patients lying on a cold corridor on trollies and use your energy on being enraged for them . Seriously just get a grip because their are real reasons to get annoyed at the HSE

yes and I have already said that its a totally different discussion and there are plenty of threads on boards about the state of the HSE and trollies in corridors and have indeed discussed my views and annoyances on them boards threads ...

• Advertisement

Haven’t you somewhere to be? Those fairy cakes won’t make themselves

you have some kind of sick fantasy in your head about me making cakes ... go'wan admit it! :D

Advertisement