Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options
1787980818284»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

6lbs is amazing even if some of that is water loss cause that loss is still a loss and when you're eating better you won't retain or regain that water weight again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Week 6 weigh in: 2lb, total loss of 9.5lb

Im delighted,had a good food week with no eating out so it wasn't difficult.

Not too sure how I'll do this coming week. I'm out at a conference,out for food at the weekend and I think there's talk of meeting up with friends.

Post edited by Aisling(",) on

Week 7 weigh in: Maintained, total loss of 9.5lb

This is well deserved. I ended up with cake and sambos on the Friday, a Chinese takeaway on the Saturday, McDonalds on the Sunday, boojum on Monday and then conference food on Wednesday. I'd have deserved it to be a gain.

I'm going away in 3 weeks and I'm pure hoping that'll be the first gain and that I can lose an lb or 2 before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Never got a chance to weigh in over the weekend, did so this morning & have lost a further pound, so down 7lbs in total since cutting out the junk & snacking. More happy that i havent crept back up TBH as feared it was just water loss in he first week & expected a small gain if anything.

Happy to keep it going now.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Had my second weigh in at the gym today - down .6kg in a month. Happy with that as can see that my muscle mass is better as is my percentage body fat. And more importantly, I'm making gains in terms of how I feel energy wise etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Jude13

At the tail end of a 48 hour fast, I know I will bounce back up a bit but down 2kg.

Managed to squeeze back into one of my slim fit work shirts this morning, was delighted with myself!! Mad that losing just half a stone is the difference in being able to wear a shirt or not.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

But can you sit down in it without the belly being seen?

I can indeed & not a single pop of a button!! 🤣

Funnily enough, for me its never been the gut, its always been the bottom of my ribcage and upper torso that was the issue closing shirts. Either way, no need to bin them (for now anyway 😀)

Week 1 weigh in: 1 lb loss, total loss of 10.5lb

I'm into double digits!! I was a little bit disappointed because this is the week where I'm starting to really feel it in my body. Some of my clothes are looking a bit sloppy when I throw them on and I'm fitting into some old bits comfortably.

Only 2 lb to my goal(well the first one I'm hoping to hit). Not sure how this week will go. I'm supposed to be at a party on Saturday and it's likely to be heavy on the drink so I think I'll just drive to avoid the temptation. I'm off to Spain in two weeks and much happier to be going now that I feel and (I think) look better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Starting a 6 week challenge with the OH today. Calorie counting and no takeaways for 6 weeks be interesting how it goes, first WI done and dusted, hopefully next Monday will show a good result.

Week 9(?) weigh in: 1.5 lb loss, total loss of 12lb

Only 0.5lb off this target and hitting the round stone number . buzzing about it today.

Heading off abroad on a hens for all of next weekend so won't be weighing in at group because I'll be on a plane. I think I'll hit the goal by next Thursday though.💪🏻

Great work, you can be very proud of yourself. 12lbs is a fantastic achievement.

Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Anyone doing this chair yoga stuff?

am struggling loosing weight on my chest ..

any tips?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

I don't do chair yoga but I do weekly gentle yoga classes and I use the down dog app a few times during the week. I usually do vinyasa (which is what you think of when you imagine yoga) but they have loads of options on it including gentle, strength flow and chair yoga.

I know Yoga with Adrienne (who is supposed to be great) has chair yoga videos on her youtube page.

Starting week 3 of my 6 week challenge.

Week 1 = -2lbs

Week 2 = -2.5lbs

Just calorie counting and no takeaways for 6 weeks and it's working. I haven't gotten time to get out for any walks other than the usual walks with kids and dogs, so I was worried the loss would be affected.

What's really interesting is my resting heart rate went from 69 to 60 after week 1, I always thought it was the exercise that brought that down, I never realised the impact diet had on resting heart rate.

Week 12 weigh in: +1lb total loss 11lb.

After two weeks of drinking, takeaways, chocolate and eating whatever and whenever I want I managed to get off incredibly lightly. I know it might come back to bite me next week as a delayed increase but such is life.

I'm a bridesmaid in 4 weeks and bringing the dress in to be taken in next week so I'm focused on staying mainly on plan till the big weekend.

Week 13 weigh in:+ 0.5lb total loss 10.5lb

I was all over the place this last week. Having good food in the house doesn't help when there's impromptu plan changes. Not surprised at the gain and I'm not upset because I enjoyed myself. I've a quieter week ahead so we'll see how it goes.

10.5lbs is not to be sniffed at well done.

• Advertisement

Week 14 weigh in:- 3.5lb total loss 14lb

I've lost a stone 🥳 I was aiming for 1.5 this week so I've smashed it. My first goal was 12.5lb so I've reassessed and I've set it to the next half stone which is 5lb to go.

I feel great. I've a wedding I'm going to in 2 weeks but if I can stay as I am till then I'm more than delighted. After that I'll get working again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

I am starting on the road again. Day 1.

I am dealing with a hip/knee issue so sadly its food/diet based mainly. Pray for mojo

So after 6 weeks I lost 9lbs. I’ll take it.

All diet driven. No time for exercise between work and the kids but hopefully that will even out soon.

Great stuff! It gives me hope as I will be following a similar model.

Injury and time restrict walks and runs. I will get to the gym sporadically so not much in that. Its all down to will power and diet. I have one query though, no takeaways? We usually have takeaway Friday nights. I dont think I can go without it.

When I lost 18kg almost three years ago (crying inside) I still had my takeaway, two lettuce wrapped burgers but I had them accounted for in my tracker. I am not sure I am willing to be that disciplined this time.

I had a takeaway 3 times in the 6 week. We alternated between a takeaway and a fakeaway on a Saturday night

What fakeaways were you doing? I need some recipe inspo!

Today is my last day with my existing gym & I'm so sad, I don't want to leave but they've put the price up to €200 a month & as much as I love it, I can't justify giving them that amount of money. Need to sign up to a new place over the weekend as I'm in the habit of going now and I don't want to lose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Wow, that’s very expensive. Didn’t realise gyms had become that dear.

It's one of those places that do personal training in small groups so you always have the instructor close by telling you what to do & making sure that you don't bust yourself. But yes, definitely gone too dear - think they are aiming it at 20-somethings who do nothing but work out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement