Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Weighed a day early (yesterday instead of today), 3.5 off :D

WOW! That's fantastic well done! :)

They're having cakes in work today and I said no to one... which I am particularly proud of! :)

I love cakes, but I'm really focused on retraining until Saturday... sure it is only 3 days until Treatmas! :D

I wonder is there anywhere I can get mini yule logs for Saturday... hmmm..

Lately they've been my favourite of all the Christmas treats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Officially finished the last of the treats bought for Christmas now, had about a quarter tube of pringles left which we polished off last night. Weighed myself as well and 2 of the 4 lbs I put on are gone so finally getting back on track. Managed a 10k run last night too... Baltic but enjoyable.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Weighed in last night & no, half of me was not missing :P Was down 2.5lbs and got my half stone award so delighted with that :) Bit disappointed that it wasn't a bit more as I was very focused but I never lose big amounts so it was to be expected. Delighted to have that half stone off though! Get another 7lbs off now and I'll be back to my normal weight & I'll see where I am then :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well done CL!! 2.5 is amazing!! Great work.

Keep going you’re doing great :)

So January is done and dusted, I got 12 gym sessions in that month, happy with that as 12 is probably to total of workouts I did in 2018 :P

I'm going to include tomorrow's WI as a January so I have 4 WI's for January, hoping I can get a double figure loss for the month!

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    So January is done and dusted, I got 12 gym sessions in that month, happy with that as 12 is probably to total of workouts I did in 2018 :P

Wow, Loughc, that was good going! I really need to up the exercise game - I'm just going for a 20-30 minute walk about 4 times a week. I need to do a bit more. I was all set to do some fitness videos off Fitness Blender but once the kids are in bed & I'm ready for the morning myself, it's pretty much bedtime for me. I might have to try and start doing them & maybe getting the kids involved?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Managed 2 runs (max 10k) and 8 spins on the exercise bike (80 minutes per session) in the whole month & am down 2 lbs. Considering I was still eating terribly for most of that & had a couple of nights on the guinness thats acceptable IMO:D
    Will be upping my game now though. Have a half marathon in March & need to get more running done to make sure I do it in anything like a respectable time. All the christmas goodies & the kids birthday are done & dusted so there'll be no junk to munch on either, so no excuses.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

10.5lbs down in January so despite one gain of half a pound this week I’m very happy. Feeling a lot more energetic and have upped exercise from zero to bronze in slimming world. Working on silver this month which is 90 mins a week. Aiming for an overall loss again this month and to not try and stress about individual weigh ins

10.5lbs down in January so despite one gain of half a pound this week I’m very happy. Feeling a lot more energetic and have upped exercise from zero to bronze in slimming world. Working on silver this month which is 90 mins a week. Aiming for an overall loss again this month and to not try and stress about individual weigh ins

10.5 is amazing!! Well done!!

I've notice I'm feeling more energetic too and I've noticed a change in my clothes and how much looser my trousers are :D

Aiming for an overall loss again this month and to not try and stress about individual weigh ins

This is such a good idea! I must try this for Feb!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

CheerLouth wrote: »
    This is such a good idea! I must try this for Feb!

I’m saying it but whether I really mean it.... I can get very scales obsessed lol. I’ve sworn I’m not allowed give up for six months this time. I’m hoping progress will be such that I won’t want to at that stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Taking any weight gains or losses over 4 weeks is just sensible anyway! Our weight fluctuates daily so counting it month by month gives an accurate idea of where you're at :)

Speaking of energy levels and stuff - mine have dropped a bit and my skin has broken out in the few days I've had no refined carbs (only carbs from veg). It's killing me 😂😂

3rd Weigh In this morning,

Week 1: -2lbs
    Week 2: -4lbs
    Week 3: -2lbs

Slow but steady and it’s all moving in the right direction.

Next week I will hopefully be in the next stone bracket weight wise. So far the early mornings are still worth it :)

Week 4: -3lbs

Total weight loss for the month is -11lbs.

To say I’m delighted is an understatement. I was not expecting 3!! Delighted. I could really feel a difference in my jeans and work trousers this week as well!

Week 4: -3lbs

Total weight loss for the month is -11lbs.

To say I’m delighted is an understatement. I was not expecting 3!! Delighted. I could really feel a difference in my jeans and work trousers this week as well!

That's fantastic! Congrats! :D

I fell off the wagon over the weekend! I blame Mr. CL - he bought me Lily O'Briens chocolates home. I told him to be prepared to marry a fat bird if he continues :P

Back on the wagon today! Will hope for a maintain now this week. I always seem to self sabotage after a really good week. I need to try nip that in the bud but not sure how?

I fell off the wagon over the weekend! I blame Mr. CL - he bought me Lily O'Briens chocolates home. I told him to be prepared to marry a fat bird if he continues :P

Back on the wagon today! Will hope for a maintain now this week. I always seem to self sabotage after a really good week. I need to try nip that in the bud but not sure how?

Well I was completely off plan on Saturday and found it hard to get back on track yesterday especially with the Superbowl on, that usually involves loads of treats... held off as much as I could yesterday.

Feeling good about being back on it today tho. And all meals are cooked and prepped until Wednesday dinner.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Fell completely off the wagon this past weekend - it was my birthday so I had birthday cake on Friday, an Eddie Rockets, Afternoon Tea with friends on Saturday and some delicious but very rich Lebanese style food last night. Very bad indeed, I didn't even weigh myself yesterday. Hoping for better things (and more exercise) this week!

miamee wrote: »
    Fell completely off the wagon this past weekend - it was my birthday so I had birthday cake on Friday, an Eddie Rockets, Afternoon Tea with friends on Saturday and some delicious but very rich Lebanese style food last night. Very bad indeed, I didn't even weigh myself yesterday. Hoping for better things (and more exercise) this week!

I have it on good authority that Birthday calories don't count and they're meant to be enjoyed so no harm done there! :)

Back on plan since Sunday, gym done this morning, and even though I was off plan for only one day I could feel it in the gym this morning.

Felt sluggish and drained like I did when I re-joined.

Will need to behave this weekend me thinks! On the upside only 2 weeks before I'm off for a few days.

Right I'm back on track today. Had a rubbish day yesterday - totally my own fault. Today, I'm back on it. Just had SW pancakes for breakfast with lots of fruit on the side & a tbsp of maple syrup (2syns). Have a slimmers burger ready for my dinner which I'll do with some butternut squash wedges & some pepper sauce.

Have decided to start trying to do some yoga as well. I did pregnancy yoga & loved it and wanted to start doing proper yoga but never got around to it. So I've checked out some videos on YouTube & this morning, I did a lovely (easy) 20 minute lesson. I really need to improve my posture & try to take some downtime so hoping I'll keep it up. Am committing myself to doing the 20 minute routine every day for a week and see how that goes.

• Advertisement

Right I'm back on track today. Had a rubbish day yesterday - totally my own fault. Today, I'm back on it. Just had SW pancakes for breakfast with lots of fruit on the side & a tbsp of maple syrup (2syns). Have a slimmers burger ready for my dinner which I'll do with some butternut squash wedges & some pepper sauce.

Have decided to start trying to do some yoga as well. I did pregnancy yoga & loved it and wanted to start doing proper yoga but never got around to it. So I've checked out some videos on YouTube & this morning, I did a lovely (easy) 20 minute lesson. I really need to improve my posture & try to take some downtime so hoping I'll keep it up. Am committing myself to doing the 20 minute routine every day for a week and see how that goes.

Oh very good. Yoga is meant to be fantastic for you. That's the way to go 20 mins is perfect and very easily can fit into your daily routine.

I LOVE the SW Pancakes and I LOVE Butternut squash, I love making butternut squash chips.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Never heard of butternut squash chips, I will have to investigate! Always have some butternut squash at home but it's usually used for a squash and red pepper curry.

In other news, my sister called over with abirthday gift last night that included a giant box of Milk Tray! I'm delighted with the chocs but it's a tremendously large box...of course I opened them while she was there, yum, yum. I need to hide them away for a few weeks now.

Never heard of butternut squash chips, I will have to investigate! Always have some butternut squash at home but it's usually used for a squash and red pepper curry.

Oh they are lovely! Just dice them up, spray them with fry light & bang them in the oven. I normally put them in a hot oven because they do take a while to cook.

They're amazing and simple to make!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I usually eat sweet potatoe fires, they are amazing. Still havent been to the gym since the birth of the elf. Did a 10km yesterday evening to keep ticking over, thats two 10kms and one 6-7km since the 23rd of Jan, not enough.

I got no sleep last night so today I am hoping to catch up with some sleep however I have a BD thing tonight so that will be a few drinks.

Another 3lbs off this week :eek:

I'm over the bloody moon. I've tried extremely hard over the last two weeks so to be rewarded with just under half a stone lost in those two weeks feels amazing

Another 3lbs off this week :eek:

I'm over the bloody moon. I've tried extremely hard over the last two weeks so to be rewarded with just under half a stone lost in those two weeks feels amazing

That’s amazing!!!!

Well done you’re flying it :D

Only 2lbs away from my 5st, and 1st 12 from Target, I'm determined to keep it up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Amazing work Dalomanakora. You're setting the standard.

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    Amazing work Dalomanakora. You're setting the standard.

Thank you very much :D

Just a comment on the setting the standard thing -

I'm honestly probably just incredibly lucky. I've been so strict on my food you wouldn't believe. I've done super low carb for two weeks (carbs don't agree with me anyway).

Any weight loss is good. I'm lucky to be getting big losses at the moment, but for anyone losing a consistent half pound a week, that's just as great and you don't ever have to try force yourself to lose big amounts. Slow and steady wins the race :D

Advertisement