Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CheerLouth wrote: »
    This was my mantra on my run just now :P

haha love it, it's so true! You feel like you've worked extra hard for it too. Very rewarding, fair play on going out for a run on a day like today!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

3rd Weigh In this morning,

Week 1: -2lbs
    Week 2: -4lbs
    Week 3: -2lbs

Slow but steady and it’s all moving in the right direction.

Next week I will hopefully be in the next stone bracket weight wise. So far the early mornings are still worth it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Loughc, that's bloody fantastic! Healthy loss is 1-2lbs a week so you're doing amazingly well! :D

I had a very bad week and skipped my weigh in on Wednesday oops. Back on track since Wednesday though, 1200-1400 calories daily, extremely low carb (carbs don't always suit me as I have PCOS), lots of veggies and low GI berries, 3L of water daily. I'm hoping for a pound or so off on Wednesday if I'm lucky enough to undo the damage I no doubt did last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jude13

Fair play loughc thats good going. We had our little elf last Wednesday so I was in the hospital Wednesday - Saturday, and slept there. I didn't each much but what I did wasn't good. there was a Chinese next to the hospital so I had quite a bit of rice and cans of coke (my weakness). We got a pizza Saturday night as we got home and had burger and chips last night (not bun lettuce wrap).

I am terrified to weigh myself. I did a 6km run yesterday with the dog, I was like a zombie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Jude13 wrote: »
    We had our little elf last Wednesday
    Congrats Jude and Mrs Jude for the arrival of Baby Jude !!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Cheers, a new elf in the grotto. For Christmas this year I will write to santa for some sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We had our little elf last Wednesday

Oh my goodness, congratulations Jude & Mrs. Jude! What wonderful news :D Hope all is well!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Congrats to you both Jude, delighted all went well!! Christmas will move onto a whole new level now!!

On the weight score... I as predicted had a bad weekend, didnt eat that much but went out on Saturday & had a few Guinness, weighe dmyself this morning & was still 4lbs up from my pre christmas weight. Have nothing planned for the next few weeks so will use today as my springboard to consistent exercise & eating patterns, determined to gte that 4lbs back ASAP now.

Well done on the 8lbs Loughc, thats a fantastic achievement.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Ah that’s great news Jude. Congrats to you both.

Congrats Jude to hell with the bold eating ye deserve all the celebratory dinners!!

Congrats on becoming Santa to your little elf!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

A huge congrats Jude.... I thought you had gotten quiet...and I was hoping all was going well. Best of luck
    with the sleep......

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Congratulations Jude and Mrs Jude!! :):)

I've already planned my first day off plan, it'll be my first off-plan day in a month.

I'm planning on having a Christmas Gorging day on Saturday.

I have the house to myself, so I'm going to gorge on some leftover Christmas treats that night while watching 2 Christmas movies I didn't get to watch over the holidays.

I'll keep my meals on plan and will pop to the gym that morning but I won't be counting calories/syns for my treats that night and I'm so excited for it already, it's going to feel so Christmassy!! :D

I'll prob will feel sick after a minute of eating bold :P

That sounds amazing Loughc! Enjoy!

Mr. CL ate the last of the pringles last night & I made him remove the After Eights from the house (they are two syns each! The size of them :eek:) I've been super on plan all week, posting my meals on our group FB page, tracking everything. Haven't gone over 6 syns any day this week so when I get on that scales this week, half of me better be missing :pac::pac::pac:

CheerLouth wrote: »
    That sounds amazing Loughc! Enjoy!

Mr. CL ate the last of the pringles last night & I made him remove the After Eights from the house (they are two syns each! The size of them :eek:) I've been super on plan all week, posting my meals on our group FB page, tracking everything. Haven't gone over 6 syns any day this week so when I get on that scales this week, half of me better be missing :pac::pac::pac:

Remember regardless of what the scales say... hard work ALWAYS pays off!

So if you don't get the weight loss you want this week, stay the course and it'll show the following week.

But I think you'll have a great WI this week! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Cheers, a new elf in the grotto. For Christmas this year I will write to santa for some sleep.

That’s great news Jude. Congratulations to tou both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Congratulations Jude. Great news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Congrats Jude!!

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Jude! Delighted for you both :D

CheerLouth, nice one on being so well on plan! I'm sure the scales will reflect it, but one thing I will say is to look at your loss over a month or even two weeks. Sometimes, it doesn't immediately show! Some weeks I've been brilliant and maintained, but got the deserved loss the following week! Best of luck for your weigh in, when is it?

Been strictly on plan all week. I don't actually know if I've lost anything, I'll be weighed tomorrow. I'm genuinely not too fussed though. I found out last week that I'm having my next operation in the next 6 weeks, so my main focus right now is eating healthy food to aid my body in recovering because it's a quite invasive op with a long recovery period.

I also quit smoking to aid with the recovery period and I'm actually impressed with myself because I didn't replace smokes with food, I stuck to low GI berries (mainly blueberries) as snacks :D

Thanks Guys! I'm sure weigh in will be grand and sure regardless, I do feel a lot less bloated these last few weeks. I'm not a big bread eater but I did go a bit bread crazy over Christmas and could definitely feel it around the middle!

We just had SW pancakes for breakfast cos I'm WFH so I treated me and Mr. CL. Gosh, they are soooo nice!
    I also quit smoking to aid with the recovery period and I'm actually impressed with myself because I didn't replace smokes with food, I stuck to low GI berries (mainly blueberries) as snacks :D

Wow, well done! I've never been a smoker but it seems to be so tough to give them up! Fair play to you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Congrats Jude & Mrs Jude....that's great news

Well done on giving up the smokes. I’ve never smoked but I’ve seen people go through the giving up process it’s hard stuff!

Well done sticking on plan as well.

As I said earlier I’m having an off plan day on Saturday the first one in a month which involves leftover Christmas treats.

I’m dubbing it Treatmas :D

Only 4 days to treatmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I've discovered that shopping in Aldi rather than Tesco makes me much less likely to pick up treats. Two trips in past ten days and not a chocolate, jelly or crisp bought. I'm not one for biscuits and cakes either so fingers crossed this switch is good for my pocket and good for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,873 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Congratulations Jude , hope Mrs Jude and Baby Jude are doing well :)

Oh , and welcome to the World Of Never (ever) Sleeping Properly Again :D

Got back on the buzz after work with Mrs Jude being a legend and even though I was at work for the day I got to go for a run. I planned on doing 4km, 2 laps of the lake beside our house but it ended up doing a 10km, pretty slow but got it done.

The little one tends to speak in her sleep, not actually speak obviously, so I am currently wondering how many cals are in a nesspresso as that's what I am surviving on.

Caranica wrote: »
    I've discovered that shopping in Aldi rather than Tesco makes me much less likely to pick up treats. Two trips in past ten days and not a chocolate, jelly or crisp bought. I'm not one for biscuits and cakes either so fingers crossed this switch is good for my pocket and good for me!

Oh wow, fair play! I always find the opposite! If I go to Aldi, I get loads of rubbish! But now I do my shopping online with Tesco, not only does it save me a shed load of time during the week but I also don't buy as much rubbish.
    The little one tends to speak in her sleep, not actually speak obviously, so I am currently wondering how many cals are in a nesspresso as that's what I am surviving on.

Don't worry, Jude - it gets better :D They do sleep eventually & the first few weeks are really awful (in sleep terms) - there's a reason why sleep deprivation is a form of torture :pac:

Weighed a day early (yesterday instead of today), 3.5 off :D

Well done Dalomanakora. Thats just brilliant.
    We were up early as usual yesterday, and my OH was fasting for routine bloods. With the rushing and out of sympathy, I did.nt have
    breakfast either. On way back from GP at 10.30, we said we.d get 2 breakfast rolls, to save time when we got home as we had a
    lot planned... OMG, dont know how some people eat them every day. The rolls sat in our stomach.s like lead for the day...
    It was like the song from your man in the D.unbelievables...2 rashers, 2 sausages, etc..... ....
    Lovely porridge with honey, cinnamon, seeds, and blueberries as usual this morning...yum.

• Advertisement

Just saw DejaBoo has a Forum Request in for a Meditation and Relaxion thread if anybody wants to support the request.....

Advertisement