Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Such a fun show this week! I think stepping back from the layout of just 1 match after another and throwing in some more speaking and backstage segments added to it, I don't want a carbon copy of Raw but mixing it up a bit made it all more exciting and I thought all of the non wrestling segments absolutely landed in spades.

In ring it was tremendous, Hangman vs Pac being the highlight of the show. There was just a feeling of unpredictability about the show this week that made it unmissable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

I don't think WWE really care about the head to head ratings with AEW. They simply want to split the audience to put a dent in AEW's momentum. AEW would be doing over 1 million viewers a week if not for NXT, it looks like. AEW would be beyond satisfied to say they have a million viewers each week, and they would be shouting it out in every press release they could. But they have NXT picking away at the potential audience. WWE don't really care that they are losing against AEW, this is a move to hinder their competition, not improve themselves.

It's similar to when World of Sport hired JR for the pilot episode and then WWE signed JR simply so ITV couldn't use him for their show. WWE were willing to pay JR all that money and have him sit at home, just so they could harm WOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think wwe will care more if the aew ratings will start to reach raw or smack down levels

They definitely don’t want to be losing to them at all tho

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Nick Jackson vs Fenix on the next Dynamite is now the match I'm most interested in in all of wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1195507435181658112?s=19

This looks fantastic on paper. Don't read the comments to this as I can sum it up with one pic from South Park instead.

4231406_2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Jesus, Fenix vs Nick could be MOTY, not even overreacting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Should be a stomper of a show, some PPV quality matches, really looking forward to Allin/Mox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Can I ask what the major curiousity in Fenix-Jackson is?

We've seen Bucks - Lucha's all summer. We know what it is. Spot spot spot spot spot spot spot. If that's your taste it'll be fun, but I'm not sure what makes it exciting per se, given we've seen them a zillion times together in tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Monokne wrote: »

We've seen Bucks - Lucha's all summer. We know what it is. Spot spot spot spot spot spot spot. If that's your taste it'll be fun, but I'm not sure what makes it exciting per se, given we've seen them a zillion times together in tags.

Kind of answering your own question to a degree IMO. It's interesting to see how they'll work without their partners. Only one base to work off as opposed to two, or even three. Can they carry off a different psychology? What way will things differ. Rey Fenix I've seen before in singles and he's a beast. Nick Jackson selling the leg last week was probably the first time he's done anything that's stood out character wise for me. What else can he offer.

I'm interested to see it anyway.

If you're looking for exciting restholds that make no sense, watch the other company.

Nick hasn't wrestled a singles match since 2004, he's one of the best wrestlers on the planet. Fenix is easily top 5 in the world. It's AEW, there won't be a lame stupid finish, they'll be allowed to do whatever they want.

It's a big deal.

• Advertisement

If you're looking for exciting restholds that make no sense, watch the other company.

Nick hasn't wrestled a singles match since 2004, he's one of the best wrestlers on the planet. Fenix is easily top 5 in the world. It's AEW, there won't be a lame stupid finish, they'll be allowed to do whatever they want.

It's a big deal.

What? WHAT? Did you read what I said? Or just decide in your head I hated AEW & loved WWE because you disagreed with something I said?

Nowhere have I said anything about preferring WWE to AEW. Nowhere have I said I enjoy restholds. Nowhere have I said literally ANYTHING other than the Bucks-Lucha Brothers matches are spot heavy. Even the most ardent fan can recognise that is what they bring to the table, that's their specialty. There's a huge market for it. More power to them, and I mean that. I like vanilla, you can still like chocolate.

I watch Dynamite & NXT. Those are the best two wrestling shows on TV. There's a lot I like on each, and some I don't. I'm not crazy on guys who are so spot heavy there is little else to their match, nothing to allow me emotionally invest, no music between the lyrics - whether that be Lio Rush on NXT or the Lucha's on AEW.

Think before you post dude, Jesus.:eek:

Omackeral wrote: »
    Kind of answering your own question to a degree IMO. It's interesting to see how they'll work without their partners. Only one base to work off as opposed to two, or even three. Can they carry off a different psychology? What way will things differ. Rey Fenix I've seen before in singles and he's a beast. Nick Jackson selling the leg last week was probably the first time he's done anything that's stood out character wise for me. What else can he offer.

I'm interested to see it anyway.

The Bucks match at the PPV was the best one I've seen. The selling was great. It was such a refreshing change of pace for them.

I understand what you mean. I would not have high hopes. The Lucha Brothers don't do much in the way of psychology. Listening to JR & others talk about how they are trying to get them to start using actual tags in their matches instead of just coming in and out at will, lucha style, is funny. :D

What? WHAT? Did you read what I said? Or just decide in your head I hated AEW & loved WWE because you disagreed with something I said?

Nowhere have I said anything about preferring WWE to AEW. Nowhere have I said I enjoy restholds. Nowhere have I said literally ANYTHING other than the Bucks-Lucha Brothers matches are spot heavy. Even the most ardent fan can recognise that is what they bring to the table, that's their specialty. There's a huge market for it. More power to them, and I mean that. I like vanilla, you can still like chocolate.

I watch Dynamite & NXT. Those are the best two wrestling shows on TV. There's a lot I like on each, and some I don't. I'm not crazy on guys who are so spot heavy there is little else to their match, nothing to allow me emotionally invest, no music between the lyrics - whether that be Lio Rush on NXT or the Lucha's on AEW.

Think before you post dude, Jesus.:eek:

Jesus Christ almighty! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 17,006 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

That's how you do a post-ppv show.

200k bump in the viewers, and they gave them a number of reasons to tune in next week.

Your post seemed a little condescending with this line is all.
    We know what it is. Spot spot spot spot spot spot spot. If that's your taste it'll be fun

Apologies if I took you up wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

It's a big deal.
    Christ! Talk about OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Christ! Talk about OTT.

That's a different company

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Omackeral wrote: »
    That's a different company

Touché

Christ! Talk about OTT.

Why is it? He asked why people might be excited over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Where’s the best place to watch AEW?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

mdwexford wrote: »
    Where’s the best place to watch AEW?

ITV4 show it on Friday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

We've seen Bucks - Lucha's all summer.

If you did their interactions were easily a highlight of them. That's why people are excited about a match between them as crazy as that sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Its been a few weeks into AEW now and NXT going live and no katter what your taste, its fanastic for the fan.

Both delivering week in week out. Neither show is perfect but both deliver satisfaction week in week out.

NXT has stepped up a gear since going live. Their weekly show was stale for a while, well not stale but never anything myst see. Now its must see every week.

AEW is a refreshing change of pace. New talent, great production, the lack of a formula helps as it means the structure of their show is fresh. Theyve been doing most things right.

Do I like everything I do.... no..... but as a whole its a a much need alternative.

Its win win for the viewer and Im lapping it up. Ive probably enjoyed the in ring NXT has just a shade better but Ive loved the character development of AEW.

Not at all buddy. And I apologise if my retort seemed a little OTT :D

I recognise the talent these guys have. Just not my taste.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its been a few weeks into AEW now and NXT going live and no katter what your taste, its fanastic for the fan.

Both delivering week in week out. Neither show is perfect but both deliver satisfaction week in week out.

NXT has stepped up a gear since going live. Their weekly show was stale for a while, well not stale but never anything myst see. Now its must see every week.

AEW is a refreshing change of pace. New talent, great production, the lack of a formula helps as it means the structure of their show is fresh. Theyve been doing most things right.

Do I like everything I do.... no..... but as a whole its a a much need alternative.

Its win win for the viewer and Im lapping it up. Ive probably enjoyed the in ring NXT has just a shade better but Ive loved the character development of AEW.

I can't argue with much of this.

It is a great time to be a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,327 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It read more than a little condescending to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

RIGHT! I've had enough, there's only one way to settle this!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1196473473390063622
    The #AEWDynamite scheduled for Wednesday, January 15th in Miami, Florida has gotten just a little bit bigger now as the event will be Officially Titled: BASH AT THE BEACH

Tickets go on sale THIS FRIDAY, November 22nd at Noon ET for AEW’s #BashAtTheBeach.
    http://AEWTIX.com

• Registered Users Posts: 60,327 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Who is the 3rd Man!

Also don't WWE own that name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I think Cody said he somehow reclaimed most of the old WCW PPV names that WWE haven't utilised. War Games is the only one he couldn't that he wanted.

Advertisement