Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It's impressive how bad in ring Thunder Rosa is. AEW need to get that belt off of her and on to a good wrestler. When Miyu can't make you look good, you're very bad.

Rest of the show was decent, although I've no interest in Lee and Swerve feuding with Nese and Woods. Latter two are just meh talents even if they're good in the ring.

I hope those segments mean Starks is getting pushed as a face but I've no real faith in AEWs booking atm so I'll wait to see.

Also BCC Vs JAS is going forever and this just looked like a continuation of it. Guessing we're going to All Out now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm wondering if Jericho takes the title off Mox, only for Kingston to take it quickly off Jericho, and THAT is the payoff to the feud.

Thats probably copium though....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,819 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How does Punk feel about Dean saying he's not the interim champion, I wonder.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Very enjoyable episode, loving the Starks face turn. Shenanigans with Garcia and Danielson in spite of a great match didn't make too much of a mess of it. A worthy main event.

With Mox and Jericho squaring off, I think we're gonna see at least 2 more months of JAS v BCC (+ Kingston's crew) and that's ok. Also, Mox v Rush was a fantastic match. Sammy v Dante was as expected, it's a shame these decently talented women are reduced to valets instead of wrestling every week, but there's not much to be done with that.

Best Friends vs Lethal/Dutt and Singh will be grand. Probably sets up some Trios stuff for the tournament. Bucks and Hangman are probably gonna win that though based on what they've been teasing. Plenty of great trios to be a part of it though between Death Triangle, Los Faction, House of Black, etc. Should be a lot of fun. Do we see some ROH folks coming in for that too?

Jungle Boy cut a decent promo (he's on record as saying he's not big into promos) and delivered it well so we'll see where that goes. Does Christian bring in a heater for himself top counter Luchasauras?

Thunder Rosa and Yamashita was ok, not sure what's happened to TR since winning that belt, but she seems off form which is a real pity cause I think she's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭ThePott

Exactly what I was thinking. Just hope they don't actually break up the faction or have Bryan leave as it works too well but don't mind a bit of tension between them.

• Advertisement

I'm a big Thunder Rosa fan but agree that she's been awful the last few months. Looks like she's a lost a bit of speed and is just sloppy in general.

It's never really brought up but maybe it's time to replace Dustin Rhodes as the guy that works with the women. Has he really improved anyone in his time doing it? You always hear the girls in WWE talking glowingly about Finlay and Tyson Kidd but haven't heard much about Dustin (apart from Rosa). He's certainly not making anyone better from what I've seen.

Best Dynamite in a few months tbh. Hope this is the start of the major Starks push.

Khan has to tell Moxley to stop the blading in every match though. It's gotten ridiculous at this stage especially last night when he was doing it after a minute and because Danielson would be getting colour in the main event. Took away from Danielson doing it.

Why are we getting Matt Vs Christian next week?

That Rampage card for Friday looks grim. It's definitely a Thunder level show at this stage. Doesn't help it being recorded after Dynamite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭ThePott

Rampage has become very missable unfortunately. Skipped it a bit recently, will check it out when it's live for sure but lately it's just been predictable wrestling for wrestling's sake. No real stakes or story, it lightly ties in sometimes but rarely to an essential degree, it's become supplementary.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’d guess cause they want Christian to get a decisive win, but don’t want to have a younger guy lose nessecarily.

He can beat Matt, probably hit him with the conchairto afterwards, and then cut a promo saying “Me and Matt have been friends for 20 years and look what I did to him. Now imagine what I’ll do to someone I hate, Jungle Boy!”

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Well above average show. Enjoyed the pacing of the show.

Looks like Team Taz is finished, or will they continue as a face stable with Hook, Starks and Danhausen? Better off ending it altogether, but they could squeeze them together for a trios run.

Skipped the women's match, Thunder Rosa has been rubbish for ages.

I cringe every time Mox blades in these tv matches, straight away as well, he's done that way too many times. As some else said, it took away from Danielson getting colour in the main event. The match was great apart from that. Rush reminds me of Jerry Lynn, can do a bit of everything and makes it look believable too.

Interested to see where the BCC goes after Danielson losing to Garcia

• Registered Users Posts: 60,315 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Probably best promo Jungle Boy has ever done

I'm loving this Jungle Boy & Christian

Oh and Ricky Starks promo, that was f-ing fire baby

This guy has in his locker to become one the biggest stars in AEW, the guy just oozes charisma and I'm so happy he's going to be a babyface.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Fully expect Luchasauras to turn on Jungle Boy when he eventually has his one on one match with Christian down the line!

Claudio Vs Takeshita! Wow can't wait for this match next Saturday.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Christian did scold Hardy a few weeks ago and got the human-dinosaur-Mexican wrestler hybrid to put hardy through a table so I imagine this is payoff to that segment.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

100% expect a turn. I don’t know if it was intentional but during the Jungle Boy promo the camera shot kept cutting to an angle where you could see Luchasauras standing behind JB staring at the back of his head like he was going to attack him.

I feel like the turn is coming sooner than later.

Claudio vs. Takeshita announced for Battle of the Belts should be a cracker.

Before his year is up I'd have Takeshita win one of the ROH titles maybe take the title off Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I don't think there's anyway to keep Team Taz going. Hobbs going after Hook is enticing but makes Starks a sidekick again. Let Hook and Danhausen do their thing against another challenger, while Starks and Hobbs have a blood feud separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ricky Stark's theme was excellent, but somehow Mikey Rukus managed to make it more excellent.. Especially as it drops at the 2:12 mark. Feels like they'd use it for a big championship match, whenever Ricky gets his shot at the AEW World Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Imo, yes. She's nowhere close to some of the best in WWEs women division tbh and she's miles behind a lot of the joshi talent.

She thinks she's better than she is too which makes it worse and ends up trying to wrestle her opponents style and it's something Emi Sakura criticised her for on Twitter today (and Kenny Omega likes the tweet which says a lot). Trying to get into a striking match with someone like Miyu just makes you look like an idiot.

Wouldn't mind a bit of this on one of the Youtube shows, They have great chemisty.

When the do eventully get a streaming deal give them their own show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭hynesie08

SUMMERSLAM SPOILERS. If replying make sure to use spoiler tags.

Cant believe Khan didn't sign Dakota when she was available. No problem signing "two dimes" or whatever his name is though, even after being let go for a failed drug test. Candice will probably go back when Gargano eventually re-signs.

Sasha could be Khan's last chance for a good while to get a big womens name from WWE because I expect them to be booked much better with HHH in charge.

Speaking of Two Dimes, I noticed QT throwing in a couple of references to his time in NXT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

That's where it would cut to a live band in the arena, as Ricky struts out.

Advertisement