Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

I don't follow Japanese wrestling tbh so a question to people that do, is there a chance AEW could sign Takeshita or will he return to his Japanese promotion in a few months? Also if he did become available would NJPW be favourites to sign him?

He has looked amazing so far in AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He is on a 12 month stay with AEW and there is little to no chance they will be able to sign him full time.

Pac's first defence of The All Atlantic title in Rev Pro will be aired on Dark on Tuesday.

They might show his second defence at OTT then.

I guess Pac will defened the title around Europe before dropping it to one of the South American talent who will defend it there or someone from NJPW who will defend it in around Asia.

A good way to give the world a taste of AEW without touring internationally

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I remember Tajiri in ECW very fondly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Miyu Yamashita against Thunder Rosa from yesterday's Summer Sun Princess show in TJPW was really good, recommeneded. Miyu got the expected huge win in Japan and sets up the championship shot in AEW as a result. It was full pelt and Thunder still looked impressive in defeat, the rematch should be great. Shida, Riho and Ryo Mizunami were on the card too. Great weekend of joshi between this and STARDOM's Midsummer Champions show.

Also as said above Eddie/Takeshita was brilliant, you usually always get one banger on Rampage. Loving the old school suspension in the shark cage for the barbed wire match, haven't seen that in a while!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So someone was assaulted at a public event and no one stepped in or called the cops?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,725 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Why would they? it wasn't two strangers or something, it was clearly a nice little publicity stunt for the fans there at the signing. Would imagine there were AEW security staff hanging around just in case anyone didn't realise it was a show, but given that it was an AEW signing event, that was always gonna be pretty unlikely...

Between this and their moment just after dynamite, we'll probably have a few weeks of this feud.

Was a joke.

Like when people point out how many assaults happen on the wrestling shows yet no one ever gets charged for it. I mean Rikishi should've gone to prison for doing it for the Rock.😃

Though to be fair, from what I see online sometimes, people choose to film assaults instead of calling for help. So this is accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Mox/Takeshita non-title by request of Mox announced for Fyter Fest, should be tasty.

Takeshita low key putting himself in wrestler of the year contention with his performances lately, up there with Ospreay, Dax, Speedball and AZM for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ah man that mox match has made my day

Cannot wait

It won't happen in the Mox match but would love to see them have Takeshita beat a top star at some stage. He's been amazing in his matches so far but he's lost all them. You have to eventually give him a big win and not just a win streak on dark.

yea, 100% agree. Someone like Andrade or one of the House of Black lads would work I think.

The build to All Out starts tomorrow I'd imagine.

Just a reminder for those who don't watch Dark that this match is on this week's episode.

Also Dark opens with the Rosa/Miyu Yamashita match.

It looks like the time between the 2 matches is a normal episode of Dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Man, Ricky Starks has come on in leaps and bounds, even just this past month. He's always been good on the mic, but he's knocking it right out the part at the moment.

Tony Khan and Paul Wight have got the rights to Captain Insano and are coming up with ways to use the character.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭savemejebus

A future episode of Jeopardy will thank them for setting up “What is the exact opposite of money well spent?” but really that’s about the only upside to that news.

Paul Wight (with Mark Henry a close second) has to be the most pointless signing in AEW history. **** awful commentator and even if they wanted him to wrestle, he can hardly walk these days. I remember reading a news story about MJF and it saying he wanted to be paid around the same of ex WWE guys like Danielson etc but it also mentioned Wight and Henry. If they are on any type of big money contracts, I'd say Khan is counting down the days until they expire.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It must be big money. Why else would they leave WWE at their age?

To stretch their creative legs by pissing about on commentary? Nah, retirement cheque.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Big show and Henry were never good talkers, was amused to see them put on commentary but I suppose at least they were kept away from any major stories or titles.

If Captain Insano actually goes anywhere aside from the video game I'd be surprised. If Adam Sandler was promoting a Happy Gilmore 2 or doing an angle it'd make some sort of sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I don't like using the word hate but I hate Paul Wight and Mark Henry as wrestlers. Henry is probably my most hated wrestler. He has just never done it for me. Even when he was doing the Hall of Pain gimmick and everyone was suddenly marking out for him I still hated him, and Paul Wight is equally as bad. Those two guys don't bring anything to the table and are a waste of money but I guess it's Tony Khan's money so it's his decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Dynamite usually starts off hot, there was nothing really wrong with the match but jaysus the crowd were dead. Gonna happen when you have baby face v baby face. Jericho promo was pretty good, best one he's had in a while. Now we have another baby face v baby face. At least the action in this one has been consist and the crowd are getting into it.

Mark Henry is considered one of the best talent scouts around the wrestling business so I can bet you he is being paid more that side of him than he is for his on screen part.

Paul Wight is still an attraction today and I would also say what he does behind the screens is what he is being paid for more than his on screen presence.

Both would be great coaches for the AEW talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

Did not expect the Bucks to lose, assumed they would hold the titles until FTR beat them, possibly at All Out. Did anyone think that was going to be anywhere but Chicago?

I'm conflicted because Swerve in Our Glory are good but I love Hobbs and Starks and hoped it was their time. Teasing all the friction between Lee and Swerve seems weird now but I assume once they lose the belts there'll be a singles feud.

Good show on the whole though.

A pretty good episode. Not a big fan of face-v-face matches, but I enjoyed OC and Wardlow.

Genuinely surprised at Swerve and Lee winning the belts, but as it was the "unexpected" result, it seems to have made people happy. A great match, lots of enjoyable moments and a worthy main event.

Really good episode. Crowd were awful though. I always seem to say that when they go to Georgia.

I'd love for them to just have JR on Rampage and that's it. Commentary was so much better in the first hour.

Shocked by the tag title change but not complaining because I do think their title changes are very obvious most of the time so this was a nice change. Really thought they would have built to bucks Vs FTR at All out with all the titles on the line though.

Claudio getting a decent match out of Hager just shows how good he is.

Oh and forgot to say, I always find it hilarious when Jericho tries to make a big deal out of the "painmaker" 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Really should have put the tag titles on Starks and Hobbs. They were way more over imo and are future stars if pushed right. I like Swerve and Lee but Starks and Hobbs have a way bigger future if treated right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thought it was a terrific show.

I really busted out laughing at some of the stuff in the OC v Warlow, the chainsaw got me good

Takeshita is so damn good, honestly he is so so good

That main event really blew me away, wow these guys are so damn good tag teams, I popped big time for the title change

Post edited by Headshot on

Advertisement